Da 15 anni aiutiamo le aziende italiane
a scegliere i migliori software

Informazioni su Square for Retail

Square for Retail ha tutti gli strumenti per una vendita senza intoppi con un punto vendita, un negozio online, uno stock, hardware e pagamenti creati per i rivenditori.

Ulteriori informazioni su Square for Retail

Aspetti positivi:

They offered the first $1,000 of sales with no fees due to a referral and you can share a code so the referrer and the referral recipient can both get that discount. What a great way to start.

Aspetti negativi:

It requires internet connection, so it cannot be used is there is poor or no network/wifi or you cannot hotspot. Fees can sometimes be pricey on the business.

Valutazioni di Square for Retail

Punteggio medio

Facilità d'uso
Servizio clienti
Caratteristiche
Rapporto qualità-prezzo

Lo consiglieresti?

Square for Retail ha una valutazione complessiva di 4,7 stelle su 5, calcolata sulla base di 476 recensioni degli utenti di Capterra.

Hai già usato Square for Retail?

Condividi la tua esperienza con altri acquirenti.

Filtra le recensioni (476)

Thomas
Thomas
video producer
Produzione di media, 2-10 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Worked great even in a rural area.

5,0 2 anni fa
Sottotitoli in italiano disponibili nel lettore video
Chase
Chase
IT Sales (USA)
Gestione delle risorse, 2-10 dipendenti

Great for entrepreneurs

5,0 5 anni fa

Commenti: It is very easy to use and convenient for my customers

Aspetti positivi:

The ease of use for this product is amazing. I love how you can make a sale with the virtual terminal by either swiping a card or sending an invoice.

Aspetti negativi:

The fees per use can be cumbersome. However all pay portals have some sort of fee to use their product.

Janet

Great Point of sale system

5,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: Awesome and after using two other point of sale systems we have had no issues with the system going down. Very reliable.

Aspetti positivi:

Easy to use! Download the App and get setup. I just recently bought their Square Register and it is awesome. Customer service will help you get the right APP for your business.

Aspetti negativi:

Been using their credit card device for well over a year and have never had any issues. There isn’t one thing i don’t like.

Melanie
Business Owner (USA)
Organizzazione eventi, 2-10 dipendenti

They Allow Fraud and Theft

1,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: Horrible experience. Square permits fraudulent chargebacks against your company. A client purchased multiple packages totally thousands of dollars from my company, received the services, and then disputed the charges as 'unrecognized'. I provided the following to square:
Her signed contracts, with an anti-chargeback clause
Photos of us performing the services at the event, with her in the photos
Absolute fraud.

Aspetti positivi:

People understand how to use it, so it's widely accepted as a valid method of payment and no one is nervous about using it (they should be!)

Aspetti negativi:

Square permits fraudulent chargebacks against your company. A client purchased multiple packages totally thousands of dollars from my company, received the services, and then disputed the charges as 'unrecognized'. I provided the following to square: Her signed contracts, with an anti-chargeback clause Photos of us performing the services at the event, with her in the photos A chain of her emails, including an email after her event thanking us for job well done Despite this proof and legally binding contract, Square sided with her and removed the funds from my account. I had to sit with my bank to file a dispute with Square, put a hold on all charges by Square, and start using an entirely different payment processor just to avoid Square stealing my money. Absolute fraud.

REBECCA
WARRANTY CLERK (USA)
Settore automobilistico, 51-200 dipendenti

SO SIMPLE TO GET STARTED

5,0 4 mesi fa

EASY AND USER FRIENDLY, SIMPLE TO DO NIGHTLY ACCOUNTING

Aspetti negativi:

THE RESET BUTTON IS ON A WEIRD SPOT. SOMETIMES IT TAKES A VERY LONG TIME TO PROCESS A CARD.

Coree
Fashion Retailer (USA)
Fonte della recensione

Perfect On-the-Go Payment Solution!

5,0 5 anni fa

Commenti: When I first began using Square, it was simply for fundraisers. My husband and I would participate in events, and we would allow patrons to make donations to the charity we were fundraising for. Now, as I begin designing my online store for home decor and crafts that I sell, there was no guessing on where I would have my store set up. Square has truly made it that easy to work with, that I suggest using them to everyone I know!

Aspetti positivi:

I absolutely LOVE the ease of use of Square! The app allows you to literally set up your shop in mere minutes, and then allows you to input your products with prices for an easy tap to add it to your customer's cart. I especially love the Square business card that holds all my funds, which makes keeping business money separate from family funds so much easier!

Aspetti negativi:

I honestly cannot think of anything that I do not love about this software. It is designed in a way that allows even the least techy person to set up their store and products, and go through a checkout seamlessly.

Craig
Biz Dev (USA)
Moda e articoli di abbigliamento, 2-10 dipendenti

Alternative considerate:

Square is a great payment platform for retail stores.

5,0 5 anni fa

Commenti: This system works great for pop-ups and retail stores. You can also track what you sell and square sends you emails when you are low on products. We will continue to use Square

Aspetti positivi:

How simple it is to set up. You know exactly how much you are being charged. There is no hidden extra add ons. Square updated the os, so now if your customer wants to return 1 item and they purchased two, you just pull up the item and hit return.

Aspetti negativi:

Just make sure you do all the updates for square and os system for any pad you are using. We use an Ipad and it works great! Not much to not like.

Marc
Business Owner (USA)

Daily User

5,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: Totally love it. i'm happy with the features, and I'm sure that by being well funded I will continue to see new features come up, unlike software I previously used that wasn't as well funded.

Aspetti positivi:

I enjoy easily keeping track of my customer's info, including the ability to create my own custom fields and also group customers. These features make it easy for me to note a history with a customer, aside from just their purchases. Grouping customers allows me to enter a location, find the group of customers there, and know everyones name as a result of this reference

Aspetti negativi:

I wish it were easier to transfer my client lest from other software, but thats the nature of software I guess.

Mayela
Owner (Canada)
Salute, benessere e fitness, Lavoratore autonomo

Alternative considerate:

The simplest payment processing system

5,0 5 anni fa

Commenti: I have a small a small business and the square software works well for my needs

Aspetti positivi:

The software is very easy to install. The pairing of the software with either the magstripe or the contactless reader is quite fast. Processing payments is a breeze and both readers can be used on the go or a set location.

Aspetti negativi:

I don’t have any problems with the software itself. It would be nice to have a better rate for card processing.

Katherine
Katherine
Editor (USA)
Editoria, 2-10 dipendenti

Square is the Obvious Choice for POS Vendors

5,0 anno scorso

Aspetti positivi:

It is reliable for customers and easy to use by our staff.

Aspetti negativi:

We haven't come up with any complaints other than minor difficulties with connectivity in certain situations beyond Squares control.

Chad
Chad
Chair Elect (USA)
Intrattenimento, Lavoratore autonomo

Alternative considerate:

Best POS for a small non-profit or business

5,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: Great fast point of sale software that does what it does very well.

Aspetti positivi:

This software provides the best tools for managing sales on a small scale. It is fast, easy to use,and full featured.

Aspetti negativi:

Honestly, this is one of the least expensive options out there but it would be nice to not lose the service charges from our income.

Kathryn
Ha utilizzato il software per: 6-12 mesi

Awesome Product

5,0 5 anni fa

Commenti: Overall, I am very satisfied it seems they have thought of everything when it comes to this app. They also have fantastic customer service if you need to call them with questions. I started my business last year and square has been fantastic to use for pop up's. Processing payments is a breeze and I have had very small issues that were resolved quickly and with ease.

Aspetti positivi:

I love the app that goes with this product. I hold many pop up events for my shop and the square is fantastic for this. Adding inventory and processing payments is fantastic. I set up the app in very little time and thought it would take so much longer. I really like being able to use it with my phone and ipad and it has made payments so much easier. I will only use this software for my pop up shops.

Aspetti negativi:

Sometimes I have wifi issues, but they have a great feature that will still accept payments offline. So even though its a pain, I still receive payment later.

Julianne
Writer (USA)
Gestione di organizzazioni non profit, 11-50 dipendenti
Ha utilizzato il software per: 6-12 mesi

Best POS system I've found

5,0 5 anni fa

Commenti: As a small business owner, I would highly recommend Square over other services that have higher fees and monthly charges. It's easy to use and I almost never experience glitches, so customer service isn't even needed that much.

Aspetti positivi:

Despite what I wrote in my "cons", this really is the best software I've found for card sales for my company. Most of them charge you a monthly fee in addition to a percentage of every sale, which thankfully is not the case with Square. It's very easy to use if you're not familiar with POS software. Customer service is also very easy to reach and quite friendly from my experience.

Aspetti negativi:

Unfortunately, you have to buy their most expensive software to only have 2.4% taken out from every credit card purchase. Otherwise, you'll be charged more. I know that's just how POS systems are... but it's too bad we are charged a percentage of every purchase to simply use their product, given it's not their money. I also wish there were more customization features available. I just used Quickbooks (which is compatible with Square) instead of Square itself to do all the customizing so I also didn't have to put Square advertisements on all of our receipts, which doesn't look very professional.

Keturah
Executive Assistant (USA)
Gestione di organizzazioni non profit, 2-10 dipendenti

Simple and easy to use

5,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: My experience with it has been very good. To the point that I have no need or desire to change it. I can save peoples data on file to make that easier for them. I can run necessary reports as needed. I could do more with it however we really don't have the need for it.

Aspetti positivi:

I use this for 2 purposes, 1) for our synagogue's gift shop and sales 2) as an option for our members to submit their tithes and offerings. I have both the simple square reader that I can use from my iphone as well as the stabilized system that holds the ipad with the card swiper and chip reader attachment. It is just so easy to use. I also like that the funds are moved to our accounts with out me having to move it or request it to be moved. I also like that the fee is taken out first then the amount is deposited rather that the full amound being deposited and a fee taken out monthly. It just simplifies it.

Aspetti negativi:

I really don't have any complaints about it. I have used it before in my personal business and recommended it for the synagogue. There was a time that you would have had to invest in a credit card machine that was much more expensive. I am glad that something like square came along.

Chace
Freelance graphic artist (USA)
Animazione, Lavoratore autonomo
Fonte della recensione

Square is the catalyst to making my passion have value.

5,0 6 anni fa

Commenti: I am a freelance graphic artist. I use this software to make it easy to put value in my art. I now have the easiest way to my a living on my work anywhere I am or will be. Overall wonderful experience.

Aspetti positivi:

The most favorable feature in using square is its simplicity. In less than 10 minutes I was all set up with full understanding of how the software worked. It was quick and clean and practically effortless. When I was all finished I couldn’t believe it I said “ wow, really? That’s it? I’m done?” Great interface with extremely user-friendly and modern design.

Aspetti negativi:

I honestly have no complaints. I have yet to run into any bugs or performance issues. Which, when there’s money involved is hard to come across and a very crucial detail. I had to speak with an operator one time and that was a fault entirely of my own and was user-friendly and convenient. He was helpful and the issue was rectified within minutes. Sorry but really can’t say a bad thing yet.

Tahnee
Vendita al dettaglio, 11-50 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Love Square! I've been using it a year and am very happy with everything!

5,0 7 anni fa

Aspetti positivi:

I love the integration with Big Commerce so I can easily sell online and in store with inventory syncs immediately. We do a lot of volume so the immediate inventory sync is very important to us or we would oversell items.

Aspetti negativi:

The retail app needs some work but I understand they need more time to update the software. Once the bugs get worked out, I would love to have a complete retail POS solution. In my mind it would include, physical inventory counts using scanners for tons of inventory -preferable to have multiple people doing different parts of the store at the same time. Included in retail should be a report for the inventory status/financial which would include total count, total cost, and total retail price of the entire store/warehouse. Also, a better integration for Quickbooks online. I'm scared to add this integration because it gets horrible reviews.

Kelsey
lot manager (USA)
Vendita al dettaglio, 11-50 dipendenti
Ha utilizzato il software per: 1-5 mesi

First time Square user

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: Work for a company that only exists for 2 months of the year (winter seasonal), and was very easy to have people trained on it in a short period of time. Easy for customers to use online

Aspetti positivi:

Use this product for just 6 weeks, was very very easy to learn and had people using it that were generally not good at computers. They also had an easy time using it. Easy to change product description at one location or across all locations. Really enjoyed the reports, easy to manipulate

Aspetti negativi:

Really really challenging to use on a ipad for scheduling and adjusting people's time cards. Was very slow and would regularly crash. (This was specific for this app, all other functions on the ipad worked fine and quickly). Online orders, loved that when they came through you could update the progressed. HATED that you could not undo it. Would like to see the function that you could go forward and backwards, not just forwards. Online orders - customers would enter address online and it would go to the shop "closest" to their location. However this was closest as the crow flies, not closest for driving directions. Would love to see it function off of driving directions. Frequently, a people would make a curbside order and they would end up going to the second or third closest location to where they lived due to this

Russell
Music Producer (USA)
Intrattenimento, 2-10 dipendenti

Recieve Your Payment In Any Form With This Innovative Software

5,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: I utilize Square for Retail anytime that I am selling my merch in the streets. For example, if a customer is not carrying any cash, I simply will let them utilize their credit or debit card to make their purchase on the spot.

Aspetti positivi:

The thing that I liked most about this particular software is the fact that it makes it possible for you receive any form of payment no matter where you are. It's simply the epitome of convenience.

Aspetti negativi:

There were no cons with this particular software; and I can guarantee you that you would have an extremely hard time finding any as well.

Steve
Youth Pastor (USA)
Istituzioni religiose, 11-50 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Square - Useful for Churches as Well!

5,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: We have used Square to help facilitate receiving CC payments from our "customers" in both our church's coffee shop and book resource center, and it has been great! I would definitely recommend this to any church trying to open a coffee shop or book resource center of their own.

Aspetti positivi:

I appreciate how Square has so easily integrated into our church's in-house coffee shop and also our church's book resource center (like a small book store). Square just makes the running of our coffee shop and book resource center so EASY!

Aspetti negativi:

The only drawback that I can see is that, in our church, we have a population of individuals who may be unfamiliar with the idea of swiping a credit card through a device attached to an iPad... I can see how the "newness" of this tool might be daunting to some individuals (and thus potentially hinder them from using it), but on the whole, this is a very SMALL concern. So far, the "pros" have FAR outweighed the "cons"!

Self Employed (USA)

One Stop, Square for Retail

5,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: Auditing inventory is so easy, you can set alerts to remind you when stock gets low. I can collect money anywhere I am and online. This gets deposited in my bank account within 24 hours usually. The reports are easy for anyone to understand. I can also get a vendor sales report so I can see which of my vendors have the hottest selling items.

Aspetti positivi:

I love that I do not need any other applications to manage my payments and inventory. I have everything at my finger tips with this application.

Aspetti negativi:

I know some people complain about the service charges. 2.6% plus $.10 per transaction at the time of this review.

Mim
Technical Product Owner (USA)
Software informatici, 201-500 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Super easy to use and avoids the common problem of not having cash on hand!

5,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: I appreciate that this system exists for business owners as I use it often when shopping locally. I rarely carry cash around anymore, so it's super helpful to have a system like this to utilize. I also trust it more than having to "securely" pay someone through another system that involves sending them a payment vs being able to swipe my card using the magnetic strip reader.

Aspetti positivi:

Living in an area where there are a lot of community events (farmers markets), smaller boutiques and local shops, I tend to use this as a consumer a lot. I love how simple it is to utilize when I'm checking out, how it allows me to use a card vs having to carry cash around.

Aspetti negativi:

I can't think of any cons to this system as a consumer and user of it. There might be charges incurred for the business owners that implement or purchase the system, but I would say it is definitely worth it from a consumer-standpoint.

Utente Verificato

Great POS for Small Business

4,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: Overall we are pleased with Square and its features. We would like to see Square integrate better with other platforms.

Aspetti positivi:

Square is great for small business it allows the merchant to just pay a fee when a card is swiped rather than a monthly service fee and the percentage charged for swiping a card. They do have an inventory tracking system which is great if that is the only platform you use for inventory. You also get the benefit of free hardware if you choose not to purchase the Square POS system. Square deposits are quick, no holding funds for long periods of time like PayPal. Overall Square is very versatile and we have been very happy with it.

Aspetti negativi:

The inventory tracking system is cumbersome and doesn't work nicely with QBO or Shopify. It cannot sync with our Shopify store which ultimately means we have to keep both platforms updated which is a real pain.

Jerry
Circuiteria, 2-10 dipendenti

Great solution

Aspetti positivi:

Inexpensive to buy! Swipers are free and chip readers are only 49.00. Square is easy to use in store or out of store. Processing fees are the lowest I've found anywhere.

Aspetti negativi:

Make sure you use a tablet thats fast. Don't buy a cheap tablet of 30.00. pay upward of 75.00 other wise its very slow.

James
Owner (USA)
Prodotti alimentari e bevande, Lavoratore autonomo
Fonte della recensione

Easy to get started and expand as you grow!

5,0 5 anni fa

Commenti: Outstanding overall. Square is super reliable and user friendly.

Aspetti positivi:

I like how easy it is to create a great looking online storefront. Clean and simple design options, easy to add/delete items, keep track of inventory, and an endless list of benefits!

Aspetti negativi:

It is limited as far as page layout and imagery! The gift card function is not displayable on the product pages... or if it is I've not yet figured it out.

Kevin
CEO (USA)
Articoli sportivi, 2-10 dipendenti
Ha utilizzato il software per: 1-5 mesi

Seamless Website Integration

5,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: Amazing solution that just works! Loyalty program is awesome and like everything else, seamless. Honestly was not even planning on keeping the software once a better solution was put in place. This IS the better solution!

Aspetti positivi:

I was able to have my website up and running within a day after the design team I hired to build my site were unable to deliver it in over a month's time. Once you have input your products to sell it is a seamless process to get them onto your own website with Weebly.

Aspetti negativi:

There is a bit of redundancy when adding new products, but not too bad. Especially once you get the hang of it.

Utente Verificato
Fonte della recensione

Easy to accept payments on the go and fantastic integration

5,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: I can charge for my uploaded products from Etsy (which love updates), or enter a specific dollar amount when charging a different price or charging for a product that hasn’t been listed online in my store. I get paid in a reasonable amount of time and it easily integrates with the rest of my shop for recording keeping.

Aspetti positivi:

Along with the square credit card reader, I’m easily able to accept payments from my customers in person. I love that this is integrated with my Etsy shop. I’m easily able to charge for specific products, update my inventory when making a sale, and still keep track of the transaction inside my Etsy account.

Aspetti negativi:

The only thing I don’t particularly like is the up charge for accessing funds immediately, but I can usually wait the couple of days to get paid and it’s not a big deal.