Filtra per:

• Nel complesso
  • Facilità d'uso
  • Servizio clienti

Informazioni su Forest Metrix

Applicazione per tablet pensata per gli stock forestali e le perizie sul legname. Integra GPS, fotocamera, mappe, dati ecologici. Calcola i volumi ed è altamente personalizzabile.

Ulteriori informazioni su Forest Metrix

Stai visualizzando 12 recensioni

Dana D.
Dana D.
Co-Owner (USA)
Utente LinkedIn Verificato
Fonte della recensione

very intuitive software. I really like the fact that it is used on an iphone app!

5 4 anni fa

Commenti: Saves time with data processing

Aspetti positivi:

Great product for a reasonable price. The fact that it is an app on the iphone means I don't have to purchase an additional hand held data collector.

Aspetti negativi:

I wish I could save templates for common reports that I write. I have to paste data into excel spreadsheets every time I prepare reports

Jacob T.
Fonte della recensione

Great features, easy to use, great quality, and customer support is excellent.

5 4 anni fa

Commenti: It has helped save time in the office. I can calculate everything right in the field with the tap of a finger. Even estimated values of the timber.

Aspetti positivi:

So many features and functions, and after playing with it, to get to know the software, very easy to use. And you can use it on your ipad, which is great with mapping apps and built in gps.

Aspetti negativi:

It takes a few trial runs to get to know the software, which it does with any new piece of equipment. Some of the excel reports might scare you at first, but they can be customized to fit your needs.

Aaron E.
Fonte della recensione

Promising from the beginning but has not improved in areas that present challenges for me...

3 4 anni fa

Aspetti positivi:

Great charts and tables A lot of options if you know how to use them If you are technically savvy, then this is the way to go!

Aspetti negativi:

Keeping up with FileMaker and program updates that change the page layout and some of the formatting is a minor inconvenience.

Patrick H.
Consulting Forester (USA)
Fonte della recensione

This software has saved me a lot of time from woods to office. It has everything that I need.

4 4 anni fa

Aspetti positivi:

It has everything you need in a forestry software and the fact that you can use it on a device like and iPad of iPhone that you can use outside of forestry makes it that much more useful. It is very simple to use and accomplish all of my goals and it is a very good program to use. Very nice user interface on a big screen.

Aspetti negativi:

The only downside is the gps capability. It is by no means bad, but I find I need to use another gps to accomplish everything I would need a gps to do. The gps functionality is limited to the inventory. I have had no issues getting gps data off of the software.

Charles C.
Professional Forester (USA)
Fonte della recensione

I've used Forest Metrix as. Consulting Forester for 4 years. I consider it an excellent investment.

4 4 anni fa

Commenti: Able to keep all timber cruising services in house. No need to farm out this service...regardless of size of land base. 10 acres and up. Everything I need to setup a cruise is on my tablet (Ipad) no need to plan a cruise entirely in the office..can setup. software and cruise on the fly.

Aspetti positivi:

Ease of use for inclusion of graphs and tables into forest management plans. Excellent customer service. On the fly stats tell me when I've collected enough cruise points to satisfy requirements landowner or governing entities.

Aspetti negativi:

Any issues have been easilly rectified with customer service. Makes it hard when out in the field and experience an issue.

Utente Verificato
Communications Director (USA)
Utente LinkedIn Verificato
Ha utilizzato il software per: 1-5 mesi

Best option for WYSIWYG

4 3 anni fa

Commenti: WYSIWYG coding is really tricky, and I think they still have plenty of bugs to work out. Overall though, it's a good option for small nonprofits. I wouldn't use it if I had any budget to hire a real designer unless they knew how to go in there and code things so I could just use the user-friendly interface.

Aspetti positivi:

You can make really attractive, professional-looking websites without much design experience. They have some really good templates.

Aspetti negativi:

It's hard to make any changes to the templates, and it can be hard to figure out how the templates work and finagling them to make your site look as good as the demo. You can't change things like header photo size, which I want control over. And as you're making changes to your site with a new template, it publishes all of those changes to the current live site even though it says it won't.

Bruce W.
Fonte della recensione

Consulting forester working with smaller parcels

5 4 anni fa

Commenti: Works very well with the way I like to do things.

Aspetti positivi:

Ease of use in the field and customization for my own methodology. Very wide choice of features. The power of using an iPad and all of its compatibility.

Aspetti negativi:

Excel spreadsheet requires considerable knowledge of the software. Had a fairly steep learning curve, and it still takes more time in the office than I expected.

Kevin B.
Senior Forester (USA)
Fonte della recensione

Friendly and very knowledgeable support!

5 4 anni fa

Commenti: Customizable for specific application. Customizable reports. Easy to enter data in the field.

Aspetti positivi:

Runs on my smartphone, and generates the ability to really dig deep into the analysis of inventory data on the spreadsheet app.

Aspetti negativi:

The cost is rather steep, but I understand the limited market and massive development costs. I would like to see it priced more in the range per year.

Darton D.
Owner (USA)
Ha utilizzato il software per: 1-5 mesi

Works Well On Apple Devices

Commenti: Increased productivity.

Aspetti positivi:

I like its easy to use interface and display layout. The reports it is able to produce are also really useful and easy.

Aspetti negativi:

I don't like its lack of functionality outside of iPhones and iPads. It is fairly costly, but it does do what it purports to well.

Alex B.
Fonte della recensione

I use Forest Metrix for a range of work- from sampling for forest management plans to tallying trees

3 4 anni fa

Aspetti positivi:

Simple, logical, straightforward interface. You can take pictures associated with plots. Moving plots between stands is easy.

Aspetti negativi:

It is currently difficult to collate non-tree data from sample points. Exporting photos is difficult and they aren't tagged by plot.

Bob W.
Owner- Procurement Manager (USA)
Fonte della recensione

I am old school so the software is capable of doing more than I probably need but still a great tool

Aspetti positivi:

I am able to use my old volume tables that I have been using for years. Donn actually customized the software to include my volume tables. Very nice.

Aspetti negativi:

Too many steps when setting up a new cruise in mixed stands. It would be nice to have tree species available in some form similar to what is found in ICruise Pro.

Joan N.
Fonte della recensione

Served my needs for forest inventory data collection.

5 4 anni fa

Commenti: Increased my production time in the field.

Aspetti positivi:

Easy to input data. Easy to customize data collection. Excellent customer support. Field friendly.

Aspetti negativi:

Reports are bit too cumbersome but once you have used the software enough you can figure out what data you really need.