Da 15 anni aiutiamo le aziende italiane
a scegliere i migliori software

Informazioni su Deltek Vision

Soluzione basata sui progetti per le aziende di servizi professionali (PS) che unisce funzioni di contabilità, gestione dei progetti, delle risorse, del tempo/delle spese e dei clienti.

Ulteriori informazioni su Deltek Vision

Aspetti positivi:

Tons of features, very robust system. Lots of customization possible.

Aspetti negativi:

I frequent users find it complex and difficult to use.

Valutazioni di Deltek Vision

4,0
Rapporto qualità-prezzo
3,7

Lo consiglieresti?

Deltek Vision ha una valutazione complessiva di 4,1 stelle su 5, calcolata sulla base di 475 recensioni degli utenti di Capterra.

Hai già usato Deltek Vision?

Condividi la tua esperienza con altri acquirenti.

Filtra le recensioni (475)

Nereida
Nereida
ANALISTA CONTABLE (Venezuela)
Fonte della recensione

Important business data in real time.

5,0 6 anni fa

Commenti: I am using Deltek Vision to identify problems affecting the performance of our company and hinder the successful implementation of some projects. I am also taking advantage of useful features to improve performance and complete projects successfully.

Aspetti positivi:

What I like about Deltek Vision modules are purchasing and asset management because they allow me to track purchase orders and fixed assets; It helps me to get new business, improve performance and optimize the operations of our company.

Aspetti negativi:

For some people within the company's user interface it is not always so friendly and does not have much ability to change the screen size. In addition, it may not be ideal for companies that only require specific modules, since all the modules are included in the software.

Elizabeth
architect (USA)
Architettura e urbanistica, 2-10 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Adequate, reliable. Not as user friendly as others

4,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: When using Vision, it was very adequate. However, now that I use Monograph, I see how much more capability Monograph has and how user friendly it is.

Aspetti positivi:

It does its job. It's reliable. It has functionality especially for management and accounting departments. Overall, it's a solid program with proven results and a user base that reinforces trust.

Aspetti negativi:

It's a bulky program compared to the web based program I use now. It wasn't compatible with some browsers so I had IE just for timesheets. User interface wasn't the most intuitive and customer service wasn't built in. Therefore I had to ask my accounting manager for her to contact customer service with questions.

Barbara
Senior Insight Manager (UK)
Marketing e pubblicità, 201-500 dipendenti
Ha utilizzato il software per: 6-12 mesi

Not intuitive at all

3,0 mese scorso Nuova

Aspetti positivi:

There's nothing I really like in this software

Old interface Not intuitive It glitches all the time

Tiyana
Vice President - HR (USA)
Servizi ambientali, 11-50 dipendenti

Vision to Vantagepoint

5,0 5 anni fa

Commenti: We were using Excel for timesheets so having time and expense in one place and tying into our business process is wonderful. We also have the ability to get nice reports.

Aspetti positivi:

The software helps streamline some of our processes.

Aspetti negativi:

Not easy to navigate through CRM but here to learn.

Jun
Accounting Manager (USA)

Alternative considerate:

Effective but not efficient

Aspetti positivi:

It's a good tool to keep track of work-in-progress and everyday accounting transactions.

Aspetti negativi:

It's not so user friendly and not so efficient and expensive tool for the same things that can be done with Sage software.

Ifeoma
Ifeoma
Developer (Nigeria)
, 1.001-5.000 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Deltek makes us better manage project budget.

Aspetti positivi:

Deltek is easy to use ,thanks to the intuitiveness of its user interface. In time past we overly expended on projects to the extent that we crossed project budgets ,and thereby missed key project milestones. Since switching to Deltek over a year ago ,we have been able to better follow through with project budgets without overspending. Obviously having project planning, business development and Accounting together into one platform was very much helpful. We have been able to customize the Deltek Workflow to fit into the personal needs of my team ,thereby making much more effective.

Aspetti negativi:

From experience so far , Delteck Vision expense reporting is flawed in the area of mobility , receipt uploads ,and ease of customization.

Daisy
Daisy
Research & Sales Manager (Venezuela)
, 11-50 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

I manage projects very easy

Commenti: Great!

Aspetti positivi:

It is a very good platform that allows us to keep up with our projects without any problem. I think the reports that this facilitates are very efficient and quite useful

Aspetti negativi:

between projects it is sometimes very difficult to differentiate between projects, that is, to separate work and make it look different from another project. But in general lines I have not had any problem

Jack
Jack
Associate (USA)
Ingegneria civile, 51-200 dipendenti

Deltek Review

Aspetti positivi:

The interface is very user friendly and allows everyone the ability to use it.

Aspetti negativi:

It is basic in nature so there is not much diversity allowed in the product.

Tiffany
Tiffany
Financial Operations Analyst II (USA)
Contabilità, 51-200 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Aaccounting software for project based company

Aspetti positivi:

It is quite compatible to companies ran project-based

Aspetti negativi:

Reportings can can a pain at times. Dashboards could be improved.

Shivakant
Shivakant
Technical Consultant (India)
Software informatici
Ha utilizzato il software per: 6-12 mesi
Fonte della recensione

The extremely useful database, not so user-friendly

4,0 6 anni fa

Commenti: Configurable, customizable fully integrated solution.

Aspetti positivi:

The sheer amount of customization of this program is amazing - my firm can track tons of information and cross-reference it in multiple ways to keep all of our ducks in a row and coordinate our efforts.

Aspetti negativi:

When differentiating between projects, there are certain areas, "tasks" that can be used for billing and it does make it hard to not customize how one separates the work.

Rhonda
Manager, CRM Systems (USA)
Ingegneria civile, 1.001-5.000 dipendenti

I'm a believer in Deltek Vision

Aspetti positivi:

We use Vision for CRM and Proposals-Custom Proposals and Government forms. I love the connectivity between your firms, contacts with your opportunities and jobs. Using Vision enables us to store and retrieve our corporate history and the story of us...our projects, our people and our client relationships. I confess I am a power-user and have done most of the configuration to the system, so therefore understand it more than most others, but I can provide data of any kind from our system. We are integrated with a different accounting platform, so I can also provide up-to-date project reporting. We also use an intranet connector that makes our information easily obtainable/viewable through PC and mobile app (not the Deltek mobile app). I have used the Deltek Vision product since 2005 and had prior Deltek products since the late 1990's. Dewberry is a 2,000 person firm with 50 office locations in 18 states.

Aspetti negativi:

Although I live and breathe Deltek Vision, numerous people at our firm just can't grasp the details and complain that it is not user friendly. The learning curve seems slow for some people to overcome, actually many people, but once it's figured out, there seems to be high value in their usage. I like the custom reporting tool but my users find it so difficult that most refuse to use it. I think the most successful firms will have a Vision expert and a strong IT (SQL, reports) and application team on staff. If not, you probably would need a consultant. My team has been able to keep everything in house to date.

Chief Financial Officer (USA)

Twelve Years as a Deltek User

5,0 8 anni fa

Commenti: In 2004, the professional services firm I worked for was managing a $10M/year business using Quickbooks. It was clunky and problematic, with no real analytic capability (i.e., where and how were we making money). I investigated various solutions, and discovered Deltek Vision. We hired an outside consultant to install and configure Vision for us,and life changed. We suddenly had a true business management solution. As the CFO, I finally had a tool that could give me true insight into the underpinning of our business,and where were profitable (and where we were not). Two years later, at a architectural firm, I inherited Axiom Protrax, practically a DOS-based solution. I quickly tired of operating with a 20-year old platform, and advocated for Vision. Having experienced one implementation,I was not enthused with dropping $60K for an outside party to tell me what to do to configure the system. So, over three months,I single-handedly configured and implemented Vision at a 50-person architectural firm. And it has made all the difference. Vision has continued to grow, through internal development and outside acqusition, and through it all they have maintained a consistent look and feel to the product. Adding functionality without detracting from the user experience. And their customer support has remained top-notch. I love the quick chat. If I just have a quick question, I can go quick chat, and quickly resolve my issues. I love this produce, and it meets the needs of my business.

Aspetti positivi:

The user experience. The ability to customize the interface. The ability to quickly drill down into reports.

Aspetti negativi:

It is such a rich,deep product that some of its functionality remains unused.

Debra
Senior Staff (USA)
Architettura e urbanistica, 1.001-5.000 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Searching for data results in quick results, good report generation feature, easy to edit.

5,0 7 anni fa

Commenti: Information about each project such as who is the PM, lead architect, lead accountant, project location, legacy data, status, etc. is essential to our business. We can easily search for all current projects in any city, state, province, country. Our PMs use this to keep track of payments, invoices, employees assigned to the project, budget data, and documents stored on our servers can be linked from within a record. We can view other projects for the vendor or client.

Aspetti positivi:

It allows me to have three databases open. In my case, Projects, Employees and Timesheets. It's great to toggle between them without having to log out and in again. Data retrieval is quick. It allows me to search for very specific information so my results don't overwhelm. Data access is controlled at the user level so people cannot edit fields without proper permission. Before Vision, we used a database that contained project numbers that were preserved in the Vision database. So if we need to look up project data based on the old number, we are able to. This saves us a lot of time.

Aspetti negativi:

It is difficult to learn this software on your own beyond searching. There are so many features that allow us to look at the data in several ways. Most of those ways are unknown to me so training is required. I would suggest that companies provide proper training before implementing it firmwide to avoid frustration.

Jun
Accounting Manager
Fonte: SoftwareAdvice

Powerful yet not so user friendly.

4,0 7 anni fa

Commenti: Not so user friendly, too much steps to get one voucher in. Entering description is not so easy and flexible, keep getting too much error message.

Aspetti positivi:

Biggest help is that It has WIP feature where we can keep track or our work in progress without outsourcing to vendors. It offers full accounting functions.

Aspetti negativi:

In the reports, info are not easily accessible with clicking the items you want to see. VIsual weakness where it does not disclose all info in the window and cannot adjust borders left or right to fully expose all info...always need to use left and right scroll to enter or see the whole line.. voucher and invoice number too short, can't fit long numbers, All the modules are not available...can't tell if other modules that we don't have licenses are useful to us or we need it if we don't know how it works or what it can do,,,,it doesn't give trial period like quickbooks or peachtree where we can test it for short period. Reports are too much options but doesn't have options that allows us to see more clearly. Visual really too messy...would like to see simpler and clear reports.

Chelsee
Billing specialist
Ingegneria meccanica o industriale, 11-50 dipendenti
Fonte: SoftwareAdvice

Deltek Review from a billing standpoint

4,0 7 anni fa

Commenti: Deltek Vision is mainly well suited for project managers to view project data in one place and also for billing purposes. It allows you to view a project as whole or drill down and see a certain time frame. Deltek Vision could be updated to be more HR inclusive. Right now we can only use it for time and expense and also payroll.

Aspetti positivi:

The time sheet and expense entering are very detailed and users can log time from iAccess if they are out of the office as well as upload to receipts straight into vision. It works great as a billing system. it's pretty straight forward and being able to run batches or also single invoices depending on your need is helpful. It has a wide variety of reporting and you can also customize report to drill down and pull the info you need.

Aspetti negativi:

It can be difficult for new users and somewhat overwhelming. You need to be familiar with customizing reports to be able to get what you want. The default reports don't usually provide what information is needed. I really hate that we still have to use internet explorer to access vision.

Stephanie
Accountant (USA)
Fonte della recensione

Deltek Vision has everything an A&E firm needs to run its daily business. From project planning on.

Aspetti positivi:

Everything that you need is in one software program. You can plan a new project, see which employees are available to sssign tasks to, and run payroll all with out leaving the software. Reports, including custom reporting, is quick and as easy as selecting what you want the report to show and hitting preview. From there you can print or save as either a PDF or as an excel spreadsheet which makes the reports even more versatile. With the addition of iAccess it's helping the 'away-from-the-office' employees be able to check time sheets and project info from anywhere.

Aspetti negativi:

The learning curve for implementing features not previously used is a little steep. There's not a lot of "free" tutorials for setting up features to begin with, although you can find quite a bit of information about using features once you have them set up correctly.

Diana
ERP Systems Analyst (USA)
, 1.001-5.000 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Great product, customizable and great support

5,0 7 anni fa

Commenti: Centralized Project based accounting and reporting.

Aspetti positivi:

The customer support at Deltek is great, they are always available to help you out with questions you may have wither technically or application use. Vision is also customizable, they have a talented staff that is able to help customize the software to your business's needs. Standard out of box features are easy to use and the company is always looking for input from customers to improve it's use.

Aspetti negativi:

It get a little bit more on the cumbersome side to use if your a larger company, although I feel like this might in part be due to our customization of the software as well. As mentioned in my Pros, Deltek's support staff is always helpful in any situation so with their help we can usually work through any issues that occur.

Chelsee
Billing specialist (USA)
Ingegneria meccanica o industriale, 11-50 dipendenti

Deltek Vision

4,0 6 anni fa

Commenti: We use vision for billing, invoicing is made simpler and PMs have an easier time managing their projects. iAccess greatly helps PM's get a quick snapshot of their projects on a daily basis - which means more efficiency.

Aspetti positivi:

Time and expense management as well as reporting and being able to drill down for PMs on certain aspects of their projects. The reporting functions well, and the batch billing is excellent for running large amounts of invoices at one time.

Aspetti negativi:

I don't like that it only runs on internet explorer - it's a bit outdated. I also wish that it was more HR inclusive. It would be great if you could run unposted labor reports that included the billing rates which is a minor inconvenience. Also if you could run an unposted unit report as well that would greatly benefit the PMs.

Rossana
Service Support Manager/Database Administrator
Ingegneria meccanica o industriale, 201-500 dipendenti

Deltek Vision

4,0 7 anni fa

Commenti: DRMP, Inc is a Civil Engineering firm with 350+ employees. It has been using Vision since 10 years ago and before that it used Advantage. The following modules have been implemented:
- Vision Core
- Vision CRM
- Vision Payroll
- Deltek Talent Acquisition
And we're in the process of implementing Asset Management and Deltek Talent Performance
Vision is used as our ERP system company wide.

Aspetti positivi:

- Very customizable. As it uses SQL as the backend database, custom store procedures can be created to automate company processes. - Very powerful software that can meet a lot of the company's needs. - The use of workflows is something else that is very beneficial because it allows to automate task.

Aspetti negativi:

- The security portion is cumbersome and sometimes not very flexible. - Training is very expensive

Ginger
Administrator (USA)
Ingegneria civile, 2-10 dipendenti

Monopoly

4,0 5 anni fa

Commenti: We've been doing business with Deltek now for around 20 years. If another software company develops a competitive product with full project basis accounting at a reasonable price, we'd probably switch, if they have a good customer service team. Nothing beats the ability to just pick up the phone and call.

Aspetti positivi:

deltek allows us to track our time and expenses on a project basis. We can achieve time tracking, billing, and General Ledger activities within one software.

Aspetti negativi:

Deltek Vision is built for large organizations. It is cumbersome in a small office setting to maintain all of the text libraries. The customer service requires that you submit a case online if you need assistance, and then wait for a response, which oftentimes is not timely.

Marie
owner (USA)
Fonte della recensione

Great tool for project management and proposal preparation

Aspetti positivi:

I've used this software for at least 3 years now, it's great for many things like project management and proposal preparation. It allows you to store and organize so much info per each project you might be working on. In my case, we use it for architectural and engineering projects. We use it daily.

Aspetti negativi:

The platform is a bit outdated looking, but the software does its job which is organizing info. One of the main cons I would see is the creation of duplicates, this is a great issue when doing proposal preparation. Some people have read-only permissions but other who can edit often create duplicates, so a little maintenance needs to be done here and there.

Jarred
Vice President of Finance (USA)

Rigid, Dated Software

2,0 6 anni fa

Commenti: I'd recommend looking for software that meets your needs and that can integrate with other software. There are so many features that could really make this a great product, but the company won't invest what it takes to make this better for their clients.

Aspetti positivi:

Single-piece of software to handle project-based accounting. Timesheets, expense reports, general ledger and everything else is in one place.

Aspetti negativi:

Reporting is difficult, even using out-of-box reports. The accounting functionality is clunky, and it's not state-of-the-art software in any of the areas that it handles. Implementation is expensive, and it's difficult to get the information needed to run your firm.

Eric
Consultant (USA)
Consulenza manageriale, 201-500 dipendenti
Fonte: SoftwareAdvice

I wish Deltek was more intuitive to use

3,0 6 anni fa

Commenti: I have not attempted to use Deltek for anything other than submitting my regular time sheet. I am aware that there are other uses which could potentially add value for a business.

Aspetti positivi:

I use this project to keep track of my time sheet on a bi-weekly basis. I like that Deltek allows for comments to be entered under for each day so I can easily communicate to my supervisor all of the work that I did during the pay period.

Aspetti negativi:

There was a bit of a learning curve in regards to launching the application on my PC. It was not as intuitive as I had hoped it would be. I also sometimes experience difficulty when attempting to save the time sheet data I have entered in. This happens most often after my computer has been left idle with the application still running in the background.

Patrick
Director of Corporate Inspiration (USA)
Ingegneria civile, 11-50 dipendenti

Inter-connectivity is a problem

4,0 7 anni fa

Commenti: Connecting CRM functions to MS Outlook is a continuous and long-term weakness (for over 10 years). Project planning connectivity to MS project is also very spotty - works sometimes, most of the time - it does not work. Reporting has always been a problem - not enough flexibility. Same for search capability - often fields are not available that are needed for proper selection of records. All of these issues have been raised many time via cases over the years - they never seem to get fixed.

Aspetti positivi:

It has powerful features - the connection between financial data and project planning is a real plus.

Aspetti negativi:

Lack of flexibility and inter-connectivity is a constant frustration.

cecilia
Controller (USA)

My Vision experience

4,0 7 anni fa

Commenti: this begins our 4th year of Vision use after a conversion from QuickBooks. there is no other software I'm aware of that has the project reporting capabilities that Vision does; sometimes it's a little overwhelming. It would be nice if some of the "standard' reports would be created a little different to become another standard report. On the minus side, our Project Managers have complained that you have to put the same information in too many places; that it would be nice if the same info flowed into all the other of Vision.

Aspetti positivi:

everything is integrated: project, accounting, marketing, leads, conferences

Aspetti negativi:

different elements can be very, very technical