Da 15 anni aiutiamo le aziende italiane
a scegliere i migliori software

Informazioni su Rain POS

Immetti le informazioni una volta e il tuo sistema per punto vendita, sito web e sito mobile si aggiornano in tempo reale. Registri, prodotti e servizio clienti illimitati.

Ulteriori informazioni su Rain POS

Aspetti negativi:

Lack of integration with shipping companies. Cumbersome uploads to QuickBooks.

Valutazioni di Rain POS

Punteggio medio

Facilità d'uso
Servizio clienti
Caratteristiche
4,0
Rapporto qualità-prezzo

Lo consiglieresti?

Rain POS ha una valutazione complessiva di 4,2 stelle su 5, calcolata sulla base di 131 recensioni degli utenti di Capterra.

Hai già usato Rain POS?

Condividi la tua esperienza con altri acquirenti.

Filtra le recensioni (131)

Stanley
Stanley
System Administration (Kenya)
Utente LinkedIn Verificato
Servizi e tecnologie dell'informazione, 11-50 dipendenti

Best Cloud Based POS System

5,0 anno scorso

Commenti: Items category for rental product is a nice addition for POS that is all inclusive with an intuitive dashboard, mobile app and easy integration.

Aspetti positivi:

Easy way to add products to both POS and eCommerce simultaneously is one of the best way to both.

Aspetti negativi:

The cost of Rain POS is a bit steep for many local businesses and lack huge community base for support.

Tee

Great System for Small Business

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: By going to a cloud based system I am able to keep inventory updated when I am at a trade show or selling product online. The integration with Notions Marketing is a time savor. I no longer have to manually add price, description or photos. Everyone comes over when I place my order with Notions. The ability to download data to excel, make changes then upload it back to Rain is simple and makes mass updates seamless.

Aspetti positivi:

As a small business it is difficult to manage technology without an IT Department. I wanted to take my business online and struggled to find a solution that was affordable, easy to use and had good customer support. RAIN not only met my goals but exceeded them. Their customer support is what sets them ahead of their competition.

Aspetti negativi:

There are a couple of features I wish they would improve on. The most important to me are Customer Rewards. It doesn't allow online orders to use their rewards and the accrued reward is a dollar amount they can spend when I need it to be a % off.

chris
Forniture e materiali, 2-10 dipendenti
Fonte: SoftwareAdvice

rain over promised under way under deliver

1,0 2 mesi fa Nuova

Commenti: at first, they are great but once they figure u are too far to turn back they seem to vanish trying to get answers call one day it might be two days later you get a call back no one seems to care how things are going i my self have a issue with my favorites list the acknowledge there is a problem yet to get it fixed 6 weeks latter

Aspetti positivi:

local and they sell it like its great when min reality it needs so much work

Aspetti negativi:

their customer service sucks and that is putting it nicely

3 settimane fa

Hi Chris, I am so sorry for your experience. I appreciate your feedback and would love to talk more in detail about what you are experiencing. I am here to listen and to hopefully make changes to what you are experiencing. My email is [email protected]. Once again I hear you and we are so sorry.

Claudia
Owner (Canada)

Love Rain POS

5,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: They have been fantastic. From set up until current use, they have always been available to help, and have great resources built into their software to help out with simpler things.

Aspetti positivi:

Rain POS has allowed us to integrate our eCommerce and in store retail in a way that no other company has been able to do. It has been so easy to learn how to use it, and it is very in depth. It is easy for me to change things on the website, and if there is something I can't do, their customer service team is always quick to help.

Aspetti negativi:

Some features need to be changed buy the software team, I can't change them myself.

Travis
Musica, 2-10 dipendenti

Alternative considerate:

Excellent for Music Stores!

5,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: Overall we have been extremely pleased with our choice to switch to Rain in 2018 for our point of sale and website. The product is incredibly user friendly, can be used on any device (not tied to a license on one desktop machine like other systems) and support is great. One area other shops have asked us about is QuickBooks exports. We don't use that much, but other stores seem to be very reliant on those exports, which they say are lacking in Rain. Again, not a direct complaint from me, but one that I hear about on industry forums & from direct messages. We were a somewhat early adapter of Rain in our industry and are relatively connected in our industry & repair organization, so we seem to field a lot of inquiries about the program. We have recommended the product to quite a few other shops and want to make sure that it fits their accounting needs as well.

Aspetti positivi:

We've had a great experience thus far using the Rain point of sale program. The initial training was extremely in depth and helped us grasp all of the features before implementation. We love the product integration with Reverb.com and the fact that our inventory remains cohesive across online and in-store platforms. Online & phone support is quick & helpful. Rain has also been very helpful designing and updating our website, which is tied into the point of sale. They are constantly improving, updating and listening to customer suggestions to make their product even better.

Aspetti negativi:

One feature that is extremely helpful in our industry (music store) but missing from Rain, is a Maintenance Agreement/Service Contract module. We were disappointed it was not available when we switched to Rain, since we used that feature daily with AIMsi. We have found some halfway workarounds in Rain, but would like a more robust integrated module. Ideal features would be: MA identifier on serialized instruments in Work Orders module, ability to auto-send renewal emails to customers when their annual MA is expiring, MA batch operations for large inventories of instruments (many of the schools we service have 200-400 instruments that we maintain on MA's annually).

Roger
Musica, 2-10 dipendenti

Switched to Rain from Lightspeed

5,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: Overall pleased with RAIN and glad we made the switch. A bit more thought into easier workflow within the Register, Special Order and LayAway screens and it will be a force to reckon with. I was hoping for an easier eCom experience, but that is not what I received. Much like other POS Systems that offer an integrated eCom Site...building out the site and making it look the way we want doesn't follow the basic HTML buildout process. As a web developer for over 20 years...I find the eCom platform to be VERY challenging to use and often times VERY discouraging. I can see they worked hard to have the functionality be similar to other CMS Website Platforms (Wix, WordPress, etc), but it's too confusing to navigate effectively taking up valuable time.

Aspetti positivi:

Integrated Marketing Automatic "pushing" of items to our Reverb.com Account Lightweight on system resources on our iMac's

Aspetti negativi:

Special Order Workflow is clunky and needs to be simplified. We've resorted to using the "Quote" option to better manage Special Orders and ring in total sales under a "Gift Card" first. That way when working with multiple vendors on a special order, we have easier use of customer funds when "finalizing" the deal. Register is Average and would prefer ability to see cost of products on screen. In Register - when scanning duplicate items they get entered as "new" line item versus adding to the SKU already input. Can't us an IR Gun on an iPad when scanning incoming inventory or during inventory counts. Layaway Screen has some great features, but workflow is a bit convoluted. Website build out is horribly confusing and NOTHING follows traditional HTML processes. This was the same problem with Lightspeed's eCom platform - hard to work with and no sense of workflow.

Joanie
Arredamento, 2-10 dipendenti

Yikes so Disappointing

1,0 3 mesi fa

Commenti: So poor, I did so much research and I am so disappointed.

Aspetti positivi:

I thought Rain had it all, POS, web, work orders. But product is such a disappointment.

Aspetti negativi:

The system fails every day. Something stops working every week. Receipts stop printing correctly, barcode doesn’t scan.

3 settimane fa

Hi Joanie, In reading your review I am so sorry for your experience. I would love to learn more about the specifics and see if there is anything I can do to help. Please send me an email so I can help you and thank you again for your response.

Bonita

Alternative considerate:

Best software for quilting shops.

5,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: Positive all the way. Solutions are always there when we come up with something new or unique to sell. It really helps guide the way I do business.

Aspetti positivi:

Rain Pos is dependable, well priced with instantaneous software help. The company LISTENS to their clients, I can't emphasize this enough. My POS is with me everywhere, at the doctor, on vacation, in bed at night.

Aspetti negativi:

I would like an end of day report on products loaded into the system.

Mary Virginia

Love this system!

5,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: I can get the reports I need and want. Tech support is wonderful. They are constantly updating and improving the software.

Aspetti positivi:

Product is very easy to use. It's nice that I can put items on my website right from the product page. Web page is easy to edit.

Aspetti negativi:

I wish there were more yarn and knitting notions vendors integrated into the system.

Lance
Manager (USA)

Rain POS

5,0 4 anni fa

Aspetti positivi:

This is a great program that integrates a point of sale program with a website store that keep inventory stock levels on the website. The basics functions are easy to use and learn.

Aspetti negativi:

Rain POS needs to make some of the reporting more functional so that you can see product sales easier and for a monthly and yearly sense.

Brenda

Building my RAIN site

5,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: I really LOVED the RAIN POS system. Unfortunately, my business went thru some major changes in 2019 leading up to 2020, so I had to disengage it from my site. If you are doing enough daily sales in a brick & mortar store, or even in a traveling store situation, it's a GREAT addition to your website. For me cost/value ratio wasn't efffective anymore.

Aspetti positivi:

I loved the fact that setting up a whole new website platform was done with another human on the other end of the telephone that actually cared, listened and created a useable website for my customers. Step-by-step instruction helped me, an average end user, be able to manage a highly professional looking website. The integration of product sku codes, inventory, customer tracking, re-order points, everything was top notch and an added value for the cost.

Aspetti negativi:

I would like to be able to take custom orders, invoice the customer, and have the customer be able to make payments/purchases with that option. The PayPal platform fills this gap for me, but I would prefer to use the RAIN payment system as it is more cost effective.

Andrea
Sales Associate (USA)
Fonte della recensione

Tons of features packed into one POS system, great customer support.

5,0 6 anni fa

Aspetti positivi:

Rain has tons of features, and for a music store that sells, rents, and repairs instruments, and also does lessons, there are a lot of things we need software for. With Rain, we can do most of it in one place, whereas in the past, we've had to have a system for this, something different for this, and something different for that also. It's a huge time saver and much less confusing to be able to do everything we need to do in one place. And the website is clean and easy to customize. Customer service is super easy to get in touch with and great to work with.

Aspetti negativi:

There are still a few bugs in this software. While the customer support guys are good about listening and working on fixes, there are still some small annoying things. For instance, when you delete a product from the Categories page, it does not direct you back to the Categories page, but rather the Products page. There's also not an easy way to move products into different categories in bulk. You either have to open each product manually, or you have to export the info to a spreadsheet.

Carolyn
Gestione formativa, 11-50 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

very good company to work with

5,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: I love this company. I've been with them from their initial start in our field of music schools, and they have developed very quickly. They still have a feel of a small company, and I feel like if I need an aspect or tool developed, I have a pretty good chance of being heard and considered.

Aspetti positivi:

The comprehensive nature of having a website, an online store, a point of sale terminal, rental/rent to own terminal makes this a great foundational tool to work with.

Aspetti negativi:

I love the software, but calling customer support, I often get people who don't seem to enjoy helping me. I've had at least 2-3 calls to different technicians ag in a row where I just felt bad for even calling.

Stacy
IT Manager (USA)
Vendita al dettaglio, 51-200 dipendenti

Don't do it!

1,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: Not ready for prime time. Too many unresolved issues. They have a bug reporting system with no follow up? RAIN is also incredibly lacking in support for multi-store operations. I could tell them what, and how to fix, many of the problems, but it seems they don't really want to know. I think they want to sit back and collect processing fees and don't really care about the actual efficiency or user experience of the product. I have 40 years of experience designing and supporting POS systems and databases and other retail software in actual retail environments. No system is perfect for every business, but flexibility and responsiveness is paramount. I asked them to call me me sometime if they'd like some tips from an actual retail professional. I doubt I will hear from them.

Aspetti positivi:

Cloud based. No software to support or maintain.

Aspetti negativi:

Lack of support and woeful capabilities for multi-store operations.

Ingrid

I love Rain

Aspetti positivi:

Rain POS has helped me run my business in many ways. Reports are very easy to understand and useful for book keeping and planning. Most of all I love the help Rain offers. They have always been there for me and are so nice, especially when trying to set up my website. I am not a computer genius and don't have to be because I use Rain. In recent events we had to start selling products through our web site. Rain was able to teach me over the phone how to set all of it up, I couldn't be more grateful.

Aspetti negativi:

Most of the time the things that I felt could be improved have been through updates like phone numbers showing on receipts. It shows that they do listen when we ask for improvements.

Gwen

Customer support is awesome

Commenti: Wonderful

Aspetti positivi:

Easy to use, and help with inventory and daily and year end reports

Aspetti negativi:

We have no suggestions for any new features we would like to see.

Tami
Fonte della recensione

Never worked, horribly inaccurate migration of sales history

1,0 6 anni fa

Commenti: Unfortunately, all I got was a whole lot of wasted time and a loss of money for absolutely nothing. I really wanted it to work, and it might have, had they been able to migrate my sales history.

Aspetti positivi:

my contact was really nice. I was very excited about the integration aspects of the software, unfortunately I was never able to use them.

Aspetti negativi:

I was initially assured our sales history could be migrated. Later I received an email saying it could not. I responded that was unacceptable and I did not wish to continue with the software. It is useless to us without it. I was reassured if I exported the data in the correct formats, it would work. We spent three days checking the data to assure a high level of accuracy and sent it in the requested formats. I was told the migration team would take care of the rest. Untrue. We spent weeks, rechecking the data which was horrifically incorrect. We sent several punch lists. Some of the errors were fixed but often we were told "we don't know why this is happening". Even simple yes/no columns in our spreadsheets were randomly incorrect. Were we told we would just have to manually check all the data; over 3000 customers and 19000 sales receipts. We worked for three months, 100s of hours and have never been able to go live due to all of the errors. I couldn't enter employees in the system without them being an administrator, which they classified as a "glitch" and told me to use a different computer than the one at work. I have desperately tried to get these issues corrected. When I requested a refund they said the fees were non-refundable after the migration is complete. My migration was never complete and I requested not to continue with them if they were unable to migrate my sales history, before they started the migration. This system did not work as advertised and sold to me.

Jed
Manager (USA)
Moda e articoli di abbigliamento, 2-10 dipendenti

Worst POS ever?

1,0 5 anni fa

Commenti: I’ve been suffering through the Rainbow pOS for the past three years. Hands down the worst POS I’ve ever encountered. Only reason we haven’t changed is the hassle of doing so. Once you become a Rain user you’ll have access to a feature that helps to recommend what features you’d like to see. This is probably the best feature only because I can see how every other user of Rain is as frustrated as I am. They keep saying they are making improvements but nothing ever changes.

Aspetti positivi:

Rain is cloud based software. It’s pretty inexpensive compared to others Works on any computer with internet.

Aspetti negativi:

Reporting is lacking Have to click three buttons to print a receipt Glitchy and buggy Inability to remove items from orders that don’t ship complete Customer service is lacking

skye
marketing (USA)
Fonte della recensione

Hands down the worst customer service

1,0 7 anni fa

Commenti: My last conversation with them included telling me that they have far too many customers to be able to look into every single error and that the only way they would look into an error is if I can replicate it for them. Let me repeat that: Only if their customer, generally non-I.T. trained people, can figure out what went wrong in their faulty system AND replicate it for them, will they take the time to see if I.T. errors need to be fixed. He literally told me that Rep is innocent until proven guilty. Customer service at its finest. Let that sink in.

Aspetti negativi:

As an advanced user of similar products, things as simple as field mapping is beyond their capabilities. For example, the receipts our customer's receive don't even break out the shipping and taxes, even though there are fields for it. Instead, they just see zeros. If this is too much for them to handle, imagine what else is. We've been waiting for them to fix that for close to a year now.

Daniel
Articoli sportivi, 2-10 dipendenti

Pinewski's Ski & Board Shop

5,0 7 anni fa

Commenti: We have been with rain for several years now and have been very happy with the ease of use of our POS system. The professional handling of all our questions and needs, and their customer service, has been second to none. We are continually learning as Rain continues to improve the functionality of their program. We would rate Rain as a top notch program.

Aspetti positivi:

simple to use, but yet has the ability to fulfill all our POS needs.

Aspetti negativi:

the inability to make corrections to mistakes without contacting Rain i.e. reversing voids, having voided sales show up on my daily sales reports, and the customer history shot;ld show open sales and or on account sales as a different color or as an open sale rather than completed sale.

Patricia

Like Sew Software

3,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: In the beginning support was good and they really seem to care about helping your business grow. Now they want to add stuff that I don't need and keep raising the price

Aspetti positivi:

I originally like the fact that the POS interacted with the suppliers . Made it easy to load inventory into the system. Now they are raising the cost so much it really does not pay for itself.

Aspetti negativi:

The cost is high for a same business to use.

Kathleen
Operations Director (USA)
Fonte della recensione

Software solution that understands our business

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: We were a new business and needed to find companies to design a website, provide eCommerce and POS solutions, and a platform for customer communications. We were pleased to find them all within one company.

Aspetti positivi:

The website design process took our branding into mind. It is easy for both us and our customers to use. Inventory management is intuitive. Point of sale function is also quite user-friendly.

Aspetti negativi:

Occasionally there are glitches in the system when it interacts with outside programs, such as shipping or payment companies. That being said, there is ample opportunity to suggest new features, report bugs, or communicate directly with customer service to help fix issues.

Lori
General Manager/Owner (USA)
Vendita al dettaglio, Lavoratore autonomo

Review of Rain POS for Quilt Shops

4,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: Overall, I've been very happy with my experience and their software. Customer service has always been helpful if I had a question or issue. The software has integrated well with my QuickBooks software so that's been helpful as I'm learning QB. The efficiency I've gained by using this software versus going other routes has completely justified the value for me and my business.

Aspetti positivi:

Once you learn the system and features, it's pretty easy and intuitive. I like how integrated everything is - purchasing, receiving inventory, online and in-store transactions. Adding new products through almost any of my vendors is fast and easy.

Aspetti negativi:

The software is under constant development which is good, but also challenging. I like that they are continually working to improve the product, but it can be time consuming to keep up with constant changes.

Sierra

Terrible Customer Service

1,0 anno scorso

Commenti: It was great when we first switched. However it has just gone down hill.

Aspetti positivi:

It was sold that it would be a great fit. It is very inexpensive.

Aspetti negativi:

They do not know what they are doing. They can only help you for 30 mins and then say that they do not know how to fix the issue so they have to get off the phone. Their labels do not work properly and they ast like it is not a big deal.

3 settimane fa

Hi Sierra, Thank you for your response and I am so sorry for your experience. I would love to learn more about your experience as we are trying to revamp certain areas to make things better for our customers. If you can email me, I'd love to talk through things. Thank you again for the response!

Dagmar

Rain POS / Like Sew Website Review

4,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: I really benefit from the synced inventory. Overall, my experience with the POS and customer service has been positive.

Aspetti positivi:

It manages the inventory in real time between store and online purchases. Now that I have learned how to manage the website, it is easy to frequently change the home page, add new inventory and create promotions. The inventory catalog is a major time saver.

Aspetti negativi:

There are some surprising disconnects: although a customer is set up with 10% discount, the discount will only apply automatically when purchasing in the store. Somehow the store customer and the (same) web customer are not connected. Lack of integration with shipping companies. Cumbersome uploads to QuickBooks.