Valutazioni medie

• Nel complesso
  • Servizio clienti

Informazioni su BarScan

Sistema completo di codici a barre con software specializzato progettato per soddisfare le esigenze delle aziende in termini di informazioni sulle risorse a livello d'impresa.

Ulteriori informazioni su BarScan

Stai visualizzando 32 recensioni

Al K.
IT Developer
Relazioni governative, 1.001-5.000 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 11/1/2018

"Great product with even better support."

Commenti: I am the administrator and I find that this product is extremely easy to maintain and the users like the product because of its features. Barscan makes their updates very easy to implement which is unlike most products that I support. Never have I had to reinstall for users after an update.

Vantaggi: Barscan does everything our Finance Department needs it to do and that is why it has been so valuable to our organization for many, many years. Upgrades are regular and simple to implement. The support has always been top notch.

Inconvenienti: The only thing I have heard is that it looks like an older product, but appearance is only skin deep.

• Data della recensione: 11/1/2018
Christopher S.
Supply Management Officer
Forze di polizia, 1.001-5.000 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 1/7/2019

"Outstanding Customer Service"

Commenti: The support team is always their to provide assistance to our department at every level.

Vantaggi: The assistance that I receive while using the Barscan System is hands down top rate. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] of Grant Leading Technology is always their to assist our agency with training and refresher course techniques as needed.

Inconvenienti: I have to admit the at times I find that the program is not user friendly. I'm not sure if a demo is available to practice on; but that would be a great feature for skills development.

• Data della recensione: 1/7/2019
Karwan K.
IT/Inventory Officer
Computer e sicurezza della rete, 501-1.000 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 13/8/2020

"Useful program for property management"

Commenti: The output reports with different versions are made our business work very easier

Vantaggi: The comparison between the main database and transaction

Inconvenienti: Multiple company feature should come with a single company license

• Data della recensione: 13/8/2020
Kristine H.
Traffic Manager
Settore petrolifero ed energetico, 51-200 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 17/8/2020

"Really wanted to like it"

Commenti: The experience was frustrating, the setup occurred pre-covid and I practically begged for someone from this company to come visit us on site so they could fully understand what I was trying to accomplish. Requests were rejected, I found ways to use the scanners, sort of, but everything seemed to require someone remoting into my computer in order to manipulate the fields. When told that all of this would have been covered had I paid for more training, I was very turned off since the training was basically useless due to the fact they didn't understand the application and had no interest in finding out, again, by way of a site visit.

Vantaggi: Several years ago this was purchased for use at another KM Terminal, the presentation by the saleswoman was good and her follow up led me to believe it could be a good tool for managing slab business.

Inconvenienti: The software is not user friendly at all. It requires constant "work arounds" and manipulation to make what honestly isn't an unusual application for it to work. It comes prepopulated with asset tracking for office furniture for capturing depreciation or something like that. It was not useful to our business in the end.

Rameshreddy E.
BarScan SME
Servizi e tecnologie dell'informazione, 10.000+ dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 4/12/2016

"Great Product for Asset Management Inventory"

Commenti: BarScan software is a standalone application and easy to use. We have been using BarScan for last 2 years across the world with 250 locations. BarScan technical team is very helpful, Team will respond very quickly to my technical and customization queries I will appreciate for this. BarScan software is value for money compare to other software in the market. We are able to manage Assets inward and outward records on daily basis to track the current status of Assets.

Vantaggi: BarScan software is easy to setup and Manage Asset inventory.

Inconvenienti: BarScan Software is not integrated with existing tools like HPAM, CA, ServiceNow.

• Data della recensione: 4/12/2016
Tirron C.
Asset Manager
Circuiteria, 10.000+ dipendenti

"Barscan Review"

Commenti: Overall experience is ok and really is not bad but can use some more upgrades to compete with alot more softwares that are out on the market today.

Vantaggi: The functionally of the program is ok and the features are ok.

Inconvenienti: Not too user friendly and should be web base which would be so much better

Ronald P.
Property Control Officer

"Awesome Inventory Tool"

Commenti: I've been using BarScan for 10 years now. Without it my life would be truly be a nightmare. I work for a rather large agency with 8,000 plus assets and over 1,900 locations. This program allows me to keep excellent track of our assets. My favorite part of the program is the reporting. I get asked for reports on a daily basis and everyone wants something different. The ease of customizing reports is unbelievable. If the field is in BarScan, you can put it on a report. Everyone thinks I spend hours preparing these reports, when it only takes a couple of minutes to set it up. We recently purchased a new hand held computer / scanner which has really improved the speed of our inventories. It does so much more than the old one, but there are things I wish it was capable of. Finally I would like to comment on the support BarScan gives you. These people know their product and provide superb support. I rarely run into problems with the program, but when I do, the e-mail or call goes out and within the hour I'm back up and running. I can honestly say that BarScan cares about it's product and customers. In closing I can only say that I would highly recommend this product to anyone that wants to fix their inventory and I do recommend it quite often. Our inventory has improved by leaps and bounds over the years. The difference between what it was ten years ago and what it is now is night and day. Thank you BarScan.

Michael A.
Director Of Facilities and Office Services
Ordine pubblico, 501-1.000 dipendenti

"BarScan Woes"

Commenti: Overall it's a good system once you work out the kinks.

Vantaggi: We purchased BarScan almost 20 years ago. It has served us well and in my opinion is a complete asset management system and has saved us a lot of cost over the years. The system is designed with a platform of features that allow you to capture all the inventory information of your assets that is needed for an organization. The updates are easy to install and training and support are available at a reasonable cost.

Inconvenienti: While the system is not as user friendly as I you would like, instructions on how to use it is over powering and without hands on training is a lot to absorb. Also we've had a difficult time using it with window 10. We've had no problems using it on windows 7. The problem is that it is hard to log on at times and we keep getting a file permission issue notification. It took the support team weeks to fix, and even now you have to try a couple of times to log on, but it works. BarScans believes it something to do with our environment since they don't have any other customers with the problem.

Utente Verificato
Freelance Videographer
  • Data della recensione: 5/7/2018

"Easy system of setting up, scanning, and tracking bar codes"

Vantaggi: Everything is provided, from the system to the hardware, so it serves as a one-stop solution for your barcode needs

Inconvenienti: The layout seems a bit dated, as does the hardware. However, this doesn't affect the usefulness of the system.

• Data della recensione: 5/7/2018
Tresa L.
Web Specialist / Tech I
Gestione formativa, 51-200 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 22/9/2020

"Barscan"

Vantaggi: The amount of detail for each asset. There is not a lot of feature that were user friendly.

Inconvenienti: Running reports and pulling information. Unable to assign assets to a person.

• Data della recensione: 22/9/2020
Blair B.
Director of Procurement and Materials Management
Istruzione superiore, 201-500 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 30/11/2016

"customer review of Bar-Scan"

Commenti: The workflow takes a little while to master, but once you understand the flow, the product works well. Works particularly well for tagging many new units of the same brand and model. Reporting is very flexible.

Vantaggi: Works well for tagging many new items of the same brand and model. Reporting is very flexible. Customer service (especially from Integrated Asset Management, Inc. [email protected] ) is great!

Inconvenienti: The "Category" concept is not ideal for my application. Tagging of a single new item never purchased before takes some set-up.

• Data della recensione: 30/11/2016
Cecelia C.
Property Specialist
Ricerca, 1.001-5.000 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 18/6/2019

"BarScan Review"

Vantaggi: Not so much the software but the customer service is out standing. There are a few bumps but we are always to over come them or worth with the scope of what the end result will be. For someone that wasn't given the opportunity to take the classes for BarScan. I think it is a good program for property.

Inconvenienti: For me the actual workings of the program and the extent of what it can do. That is my fault because again I was not given the opportunity to take the classes. Thank good I am very familiar with property an how it supposed to work for the company

• Data della recensione: 18/6/2019
Sean C.
Systems Administrator
Studi medici, 11-50 dipendenti

"Systems Administrator"

Commenti: With Over 4 yrs of using bar-scan support and information from Bar-scan has been our best asset, they always are very helpful or can point you in the right direction (He is a rock-star )

Vantaggi: Inventory Control, Support, Interface is user friendly

Inconvenienti: a bit more complex for small Companies of under 100 users

Julius P.
IT Specialist
Servizi e tecnologie dell'informazione, 5.001-10.000 dipendenti

"BarScan"

Commenti: my overall experience is very good, it is a good tracking system for the equipment that is issued.

Vantaggi: The server and computer setup is easy and not hard to understand

Inconvenienti: the setup of the companies and the mapping to the drives

Kittu N.
  • Data della recensione: 27/10/2016

"Feedback on BarScan"

Commenti: BarScan support is awesome. But legacy application (Foxpro based) is having challenges - network bandwidth consumption; legacy database; integration with asset management tool is a challenge; can support maximum 10 simultaneous connections only is also a challenge. Would suggest BarScan should think of enhancing this to the SQL platform and easy integration with other tools, centralized database etc. which will add great value

Risposta del fornitore

da BarScan il giorno 27/10/2016

We did an extensive evaluation of Wipro's requirement prior to implementation and recommended that the customer purchase sufficient licenses to meet their worldwide bandwidth requirements. The customer chose to purchase 1/5 of the recommended licenses needed to meet our recommendation. In spite of this, with 200 BarScan handhelds in use connecting to 5 virtual servers, we feel this has been a very successful and extremely cost effective asset management installation for Wipro.

• Data della recensione: 27/10/2016
Margaret D.
Property Supervisor
Amministrazione pubblica, 51-200 dipendenti

"Barscan review"

Commenti: `

Vantaggi: It's a software that allows you to do your inventory easily, get reports out and many other functions.

Inconvenienti: It's not an easy software, you need guidance before you use it.

Alvin K.
Systems Analyst
Amministrazione pubblica, 1.001-5.000 dipendenti

"Great Customer Support"

Commenti: First of all, I cannot say enough the incredible Customer Support provided by the Barscan team. A while back we had an issue that I needed to get resolved. I forgot that Support was 2 hours behind us, as I called at 7am our time. I still got a friendly answer from rep at 5am, while he was just getting out of bed. Our issue was resolved within the hour.

Vantaggi: Customer Support, ease of upgrades and maintenance.

Inconvenienti: Probably its unfamiliar database because I am used to working with SQL Server.

James B.
Director of Accounting Operations
Istruzione superiore, 10.000+ dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 8/12/2016

"Great product for my department"

Commenti: I've used this product for the past three years in my department in order to conduct our movable equipment inventory. The scanners are very convenient and easy to use, they are a little heavy and bulky to carry around but they do a great job and have a great battery life. It's very easy to upload the data into Bar Scan from the scanners.

Vantaggi: Very easy to use, produces really good reports

Inconvenienti: Converting reports to excel is not very easy to do. Scanners are too big and bulky to carry around on campus all day.

• Data della recensione: 8/12/2016
Kyndra M.
Instructional Materials Attendant
Gestione formativa, 501-1.000 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 17/8/2020

"Bar Scan for inventory Adult School"

Commenti: So far Barscan has been useful for the school I work at. the scanning process is fairly easy and made inventory for 3 campuses easier than expected.

Vantaggi: Archiving items for future use, the software I know is designed to help organize all items in a formal way so that it retains record keeping. This has been the most beneficial for our organization, and of course going back and editing items that had been moved or deleted.

Inconvenienti: I feel like if there was a manual it would be easier to navigate, otherwise you would need some typ of formal training. Luckily, I was able to reach out to Barscan reps that helped me a whole lot but there is still alot I would need to learn to use it at full capacity.

Norman M.
Owner/President

"Extremely Satisfied!!!!!"

Commenti: We have been users of BarScan since 1995. Selected BarScan because it was developed by someone familiar with the challenges of facilities management. As a former facility manager for a large corporation, BarScan would have helped solve many issues I had for tracking corporate assets. Basically there was not a program in place, this software would have save perhaps millions if used corporate wide. There is a learning curve but once system is setup it is easy to maintain data collected. In fact my company has built a unique facilities service helping companies uncover and better utilize equipment of all types. Customer service from BarScan is outstanding and is an asset itself for my company.

Marla W.
  • Data della recensione: 9/4/2014

"Great System for Small to Mid-Size Users"

Commenti: I've been using BarScan for 15 years and have found it to be very flexible and comprehensive for my financial, information technology, and facilities record requirements. I also provide inventory services to my customers using the system. It allows us to change the handheld configurations on the run, create unlimited reports, and easily import/export the information from our system to the customers system. I have the Technical Support service and have found them to be very responsive -- no long waits in a que. I get a live person, the same day, and they respond to my questions or concerns. Marla Williams
Integrated Asset Management, Inc.
Severna Park, MD

Liliana R.
Admin Assistant Supervisor
Forze di polizia, 2-10 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 11/8/2020

"Bar Scan a friendly software"

Commenti: My experience with Bar Scan has been excellent. I always receive inmediate support

Vantaggi: I like most about this software that it allows me to identify the status of the equipment, the catalog number of each equipment and also to print reports as needed.

Inconvenienti: When I need to update the software. it is not easy for me.

Corey V.
Staff Specialist
Amministrazione pubblica, 201-500 dipendenti
Ha utilizzato il software per: 1-5 mesi
  • Data della recensione: 23/12/2019

"BarScan review"

Vantaggi: I like the mobility of the handheld device and database functionality of BarScan.

Inconvenienti: Still getting used to software. A comment by one employee, is if this software can also be used as an App on a smartphone for easy accessibility.

• Data della recensione: 23/12/2019
Davide D.
Lecturer
Istruzione superiore, 11-50 dipendenti
Ha utilizzato il software per: 1-5 mesi
  • Data della recensione: 21/11/2018

"Good bar scanning program"

Vantaggi: It offers a lot of possibilities to categorize your products. Well developed!

Inconvenienti: Too complex. Sometimes it is hard to achieve even the most basic process.

• Data della recensione: 21/11/2018
John D.
Information Specialist
Amministrazione pubblica, 501-1.000 dipendenti

"My review of Barscan"

Commenti: It's worked well for what we need it for.

Vantaggi: It's fairly powerful and once it's setup, easy to maintain. The reports work well.

Inconvenienti: The interface has a steep learning curve.