Da 15 anni aiutiamo le aziende italiane
a scegliere i migliori software

Informazioni su EmailOctopus

E-mail marketing a un prezzo inferiore grazie ad Amazon SES.

Ulteriori informazioni su EmailOctopus

Aspetti positivi:

Integration was easy, the software is easy to use overall. Easy to manage your contact lists for ab testing.

Aspetti negativi:

Lack of functionalities as for automation and possibility of team work.

Valutazioni di EmailOctopus

Punteggio medio

Facilità d'uso
Servizio clienti
Caratteristiche
Rapporto qualità-prezzo

Lo consiglieresti?

EmailOctopus ha una valutazione complessiva di 4,7 stelle su 5, calcolata sulla base di 396 recensioni degli utenti di Capterra.

Hai già usato EmailOctopus?

Condividi la tua esperienza con altri acquirenti.

Filtra le recensioni (396)

Andre
Andre
Founder (USA)
Musica, Lavoratore autonomo

Email Octopus is Worth It

5,0 8 mesi fa

Commenti: Overall, my experience with Email Octopus has been great. I’m able to easily send emails and build my list.

Aspetti positivi:

I have only been using an email newsletter for 6 months, so I’m new to email marketing. Email Octopus has a straightforward list management tool that I find easy to use. I like that my dashboard gives me my recent campaign stats. For someone like myself who is just starting to build a list, the price is great and the functionality is simple and easy to understand and execute.

Aspetti negativi:

Now that I’m 6 months in with Email Octopus, I wish they had some deeper engagement tracking per subscriber - i.e. location, time of open. Some deeper engagement tracking would help in understanding how, when, and where subscribers are interacting with the campaign.

Alternative considerate: Campaign Monitor by Marigold, Mad Mimi e Mailchimp

Perché passare a EmailOctopus: Price was the determining factor. The ability to build a list inexpensively was a the deciding factor.

Bikas
Bikas
Assistant Marketing Manager (Nepal)
Servizi e tecnologie dell'informazione, 51-200 dipendenti

A Fantastic Email Tool | Good Value for Money for starting Email Marketing

4,0 7 mesi fa

Commenti: The support team was fantastic, I didn't expect such prompt response of my tickets. They're very understanding and put great efforts to make it work for you.

Aspetti positivi:

Its pretty easy to use and makes campaign & list management very easy. The integration with wordpress is great as well. The tracking & analytics are fantastic so far showing detailed engagement for each recepient of our emails.

Aspetti negativi:

More templates could be added and made better, the forms could have a bit more customization to them both visually and condition wise.

Alternative considerate: MailerLite, Mailchimp e Mailjet

Perché passare a EmailOctopus: Cost effective, Ease of use, Compatibility with our own Amazon SES account

Vivian

Works for all my needs

5,0 settimana scorsa Nuova

Commenti: I've had no issues at all. Everything goes smoothly. I'm happy with the cost per product.

Aspetti positivi:

I really like how I can set up campaigns and send them out without much issue.

Aspetti negativi:

I really don't like the visuals? If that makes sense? I don't think my email looks as pretty as I want it to. It's also not as easy to design what I want how I want it.

Alternative considerate: Mailchimp

Perché scegliere EmailOctopus: price was the main factor. I need to grow my list and not be nickeled and dimed as I grow.

Software precedente: MailerLite

Perché passare a EmailOctopus: I had a PA who was familiar with it and could help me get started.

Ankit
Founder (India)
Marketing e pubblicità, 2-10 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

A good affordable email marketing tool

3,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: Overall, I had a good experience, but I really wish that they fix their email builder, and it's buggy.

Aspetti positivi:

Even though EmailOctopus(EO) is a relatively new tool but it has all the features you will expect it to have. The best this is that it's really affordable.

Aspetti negativi:

The major problem with EmailOctopus is there UI of email builder. It's really bad and buggy. Also if you try pasting content from Ms-Word or Notion then it changes the formatting which is troublesome to edit. Also if you want to run referral programs for your newsletter then EmailOctopus has very few integrations. They also pushed new update for their forms which makes it compulsory to use it with iframe and not custom html tags. That makes it very static and you can't use your own designs.

Risposta di EmailOctopus

2 anni fa

Hi Ankit, Thanks for the review and glad you love our value for money. In respects to your feedback around the email builder, you'll be glad to know we are overhauling it this year and making it much simpler to copy and paste from your favourite tools, while retaining the correct formatting. Our forms, as you've also mentioned, saw an update last year. I think you may have misunderstood the update, as we do not use iFrames and we never have done. All our forms can be style completely by you using CSS, and we have no plans to ever change that. We agree iFrames are not the right solution to use. If you'd like help styling your forms, please contact our team and we'd be glad to show you how.

Jacqueline
Author (Bulgaria)

The best on the market

5,0 3 mesi fa

Aspetti positivi:

I am a relative new user to EmailOctopus, however it was immediately apparent that this service was far and away the best provider for my needs, and I have used what is perceived as the 3 best others on the market. Their ease of use, particularly when setting up lead capture / sign up forms is by far the simplest I've used but looks exceptional. I don't know why other platforms insist on making it so complicated when it's not necessary. EmailOctopus also has extremely good customer service support as well as constantly updating and improving their service so they are on top of market trends and customer requirements all the time. They are, quite frankly, a breath of fresh air in terms of email marketing, especially when you consider their cost. You really do get very good value for money with this company. I highly recommend them.

Aspetti negativi:

To be perfectly honest I can't think of anything I dislike. It does everything and more I need it to.

Tracy
fiction author (USA)

Easy to use

5,0 mese scorso Nuova

Aspetti positivi:

The website is very quick and easy to use.

Aspetti negativi:

There's really nothing I don't like about it.

Rebeca
Owner (USA)
Coaching e formazione professionale, Lavoratore autonomo
Ha utilizzato il software per: Prova gratuita
Fonte della recensione

Customer Service When You Need It!

5,0 2 mesi fa Nuova

Commenti: EXCELLENT! Their customer service is amazing!

Aspetti positivi:

I didn't just received customer service from one person, but several were willing to help and really quickly too. I was very impressed after a 24 hr. fiasco at Mail Chimp and getting frustrated with Wix emails policies.

Aspetti negativi:

I do not like that I cannot paste a text edit document and have it see my paragraphs. Makes posting it time consuming.

Lynn
Author (UK)
Intrattenimento, Lavoratore autonomo

Highly recommend

5,0 2 mesi fa Nuova

Commenti: I was dreading having to migrate my mailing list and set up forms/automations etc all from scratch, but even a technophobe like me could do it with their help. Very satisfied.

Aspetti positivi:

The support staff are second to none - they reply promptly and their help is spot on.

Aspetti negativi:

Having to learn how to use a new platform, but that's not their fault!

Si
Indie author (UK)
Editoria, Lavoratore autonomo

I migrated from MailerLite to EmailOctopus … and I'm not going back

5,0 4 settimane fa Nuova

Commenti: When I first signed up to EmailOctopus, it was pretty light on features and eventually I moved to MailerLite. EO has always been better than ML when it comes to customer service and price, but at the time, EO lacked a lot of features. A year later, I looked again, and found EO had made enormous strides to closing that gap.

Aspetti positivi:

Customer service and price (extra characters to get to the minimum)

Aspetti negativi:

EO is catching up to its competitors on features, but it's not there yet

Michel
Business and Marketing Change Manager (UK)
Biotecnologie, 11-50 dipendenti

Strongly recommended

5,0 mese scorso Nuova

Commenti: My overall experience with Email Octopus has been exceptionally positive. The affordability of their service made it an attractive choice for our budget-conscious team. The user-friendly interface allowed us to seamlessly navigate through the platform, creating and managing email campaigns with ease.

Aspetti positivi:

Affordability, User-Friendly Interface, Automation Features, and High Customer Service.

Limited Advanced Features and Template Customization

Josh
CEO (Sudafrica)
Proprietà immobiliari, 2-10 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Probably one of the best & most cost-effective ESP's out there!

5,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: Truly outstanding customer service. Quick response times and always willing to go out their way to ensure that you are properly looked after. This too is one of the key reasons why we are still with EO and have no intention of leaving. Solid company and staff all round!

Aspetti positivi:

The thing we love most, is that when you link your Amazon SES account with Email Octopus, you can get a real bargain, esp. when compared to other ESPs out there. The user interface is very intuitive and simple to use, yet, it comes with very advanced email marketing features. All in all, we can recommend EO to anyone looking for an advanced email marketing system that doesn't break the bank.

Aspetti negativi:

In terms of advanced segmentation, the current version is still somewhat limited, but I've been in touch with their support team who have ensured us that it's on it's way. But other than that, no complaints whatsoever.

Alternative considerate: SendGrid

Perché scegliere EmailOctopus: MailChimp is good, but far too expensive, esp. when you have a larger email database and send out weekly newsletters.

Software precedente: Mailchimp

Perché passare a EmailOctopus: While SendGrid is known for their ultra-high deliverability rate, the UX of their platform is sub-optimal. We managed to figure things out, but their built-in email templates were seriously lacking in creativity and weren't optimised for mobile at all. After signing up with Email Octopus, we ensured that everything was properly set up with Amazon SES (which granted, took a bit of reading up), but we now have an above average deliverability, open and click rate.

Donald
Marketing e pubblicità, Lavoratore autonomo
Fonte della recensione

A good inexpensive way to get your email business rolling

5,0 anno scorso

Commenti: Overall EmailOctpus has done a good job handling what I throw at them and they fit my budget pretty well. Service has been better here than in the other more well know places tried in the past. They seem to be more service-orientated and willing to go the extra mile to help if needed. I'd say I have been pretty happy with most of what they have to offer.

Aspetti positivi:

The 2500 price point is a great help for those starting out gives them a bit more time to learn and start making some money with their list and to make the payment easier too. Most of the help tutors are easy to understand and if you have trouble the support has been outstanding. Even though it is a chat and I usually don't care for that but theirs has been top-notch. They have good knowledgeable people working the chat and that really a big plus.

Aspetti negativi:

Pros: They are reasonably priced and offer excellent support. Easy to learn and use with a low learning curve in most areas. They also have more advanced options for integration into many of the more well-known platforms for controlling larger businesses. You also have a knowledge base you can go to when Chat is offline at night that which is very helpful for people like me that do a lot at night.Cons: My biggest pet peeve with them is not being able to use HTML templates made by others you are kinda stuck using theirs and some of them are not too professional looking or fit the needs to might have. Yeah, I'm old school but I can make them work the way I need easier to install on some websites I have custom software and I have to create workarounds to get things working sometimes.

Ahmed
Co-Founder & CTO (Egitto)
Internet, 51-200 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

The most to-the-point software I have ever used

5,0 anno scorso

Commenti: My overall experience is very positive; I wished that I had switched earlier

Aspetti positivi:

EmailOctopus comes as an acronym for value-for-money; it does the job as efficient as a $4k/month software but doesn't leave the guilt when skipping some campaigns

Aspetti negativi:

With a lack of direct integrations, using Zapier is easy but costly. However, they provide a straightforward API that I'm planning to make use of, but of course, it'd be even better to have direct integration available

Alternative considerate: Amazon SES, MailerLite, Brevo e GetResponse

Perché scegliere EmailOctopus: - Pricing- Pricing- Pricing- Overcharging - Simplicity of EmailOctopus that fits my exact needs

Software precedente: Mailchimp

Perché passare a EmailOctopus: The only one that beat EmailOctopus pricing was SES, but it requires building all the features that EmailOctopus has from the ground up; all the others came short at pricing and other features.

Mikey
Author (UK)
Intrattenimento, Lavoratore autonomo

Reliable and cost-effective

5,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: Overall I've been very pleased. I have tried several other providers and found that this service is excellent and compares well with other providers who charge a lot more for similar features.

Aspetti positivi:

EmailOctopus offers a reliable platform at an excellent price, and the level of customer support is particularly good. Questions are answered promptly and efficiently. The platform is easy to use and has a good range of features.

Aspetti negativi:

I'd like to see the drag and drop email editor improved. It works well enough and the emails look good, but it is not as slick as other editors I've used.

Alternative considerate: MailerLite e Mailchimp

Perché scegliere EmailOctopus: I wanted to switch from a self-hosted email platform to a hosted one, and it was important that the service I chose integrated with Bookfunnel and my website.

Perché passare a EmailOctopus: I've tried all those listed and a few more. MailerLite let me down several times. They were unreliable and their support was poor. Sendfox is very basic and charges for options such as single optin lists. Mailpoet has a great editor and integrates with my site beautifully, but it didn't integrate with Bookfunnel, and that was a dealbreaker. Mailchimp has become very expensive.

Kat
Fonte della recensione

Can't beat the features for the price

5,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: My overall experience has been positive. I'm comfortable with tech, so setting this up with AWS wasn't difficult. I like the user interface and I think deliverability is at least moderate. I've been able to save 10-20 month using EmailOctopus over the more mainstream and pricey email providers, so I'm happy.

Aspetti positivi:

I like that I have 90% of the functionality as with the more expensive options, like MailerLite. This allows me to build my newsletter list without the hefty price tag.

Aspetti negativi:

I wish there were more analysis-type features, like being able to tell me at a glance which subscribers haven't opened an email in six months, and then a mechanism to pull that group out and cull them from my list. Right now the process is manual and time-consuming.

Mary
Founder, Director (USA)
Marketing e pubblicità, Lavoratore autonomo
Fonte della recensione

I traded the monkey for an octopus and never looked back.

5,0 anno scorso

Commenti: Overall I am thrilled to bits, and I am sure as time goes on that the software is only going to get better and better. I have suggested to many of my clients that they consider Email Octopus for their marketing emails provider.

Aspetti positivi:

I am a solopreneur who is in the process of building her email empire. At the moment, I have an absolutely tiny email list. I was really struggling to find a company that could meet my needs as someone just getting started. So many other providers were so expensive that I could not justify the cost of the program. Email Octopus is a company that will grow with me - and won't break my budget once I get to where I want to be. Building emails is simple - it works just like other drag-n-drop email builders, but the difference is that it is somehow even easier to use. The landing page builder is also simple and functional. The couple of interactions I have had with the Email Octopus team have been overwhelmingly positive.

Aspetti negativi:

Audience segmentation leaves some things to be desired. While Email Octopus is on par with Constant Contact and Flodesk in terms of segmentation, they don't have as many customization options as MailChimp. This isn't a problem for me right now at this stage, but it is something that I am a little worried about for the future.

Alternative considerate: Constant Contact e Mailchimp

Perché passare a EmailOctopus: Price, ease of use, and the fact that they can grow with me.

Zoie
Creator (USA)
Salute, benessere e fitness, Lavoratore autonomo
Fonte della recensione

I feel like I'm part of the family!

5,0 6 mesi fa

Commenti: EmailOctopus provides a great product at a fantastic price. I feel confident that they have my back at every step, as I grow my list!

Aspetti positivi:

I have to admit that it was the Free Plan that first got my attention, but it's been the really great customer support that has totally sold me on EmailOctopus. Everyone is so friendly and prompt with their responses to even some of my "newbie" questions. I also really like how easy and intuitive everything is set up. IIt was so quick and easy to get started and I've made some beautiful web forms that I love.

Aspetti negativi:

At this time, because my list is small, I don't have any Cons.

Jasmine
CEO (USA)

The Best Software I’ve used

Aspetti positivi:

The interface is easy to use and the email sending is easy to access. Unlike other email platforms I’ve tried, I love that there is a minimum amount of subscribers you must have before you must buy the paid plan. Nothing is complicated about this. It’s a great tool.

Aspetti negativi:

I wish there was a mobile app but other than that, nothing is wrong with it.

Jean
Editoria, Lavoratore autonomo

Perfect for what I need

4,0 9 mesi fa

Commenti: I've been really happy with Email Octopus. I have a small list for a very small business, and I love that there are different tiers so that the program an grow with me as my business grows.

Aspetti positivi:

I'm just starting out with my newsletter and have a lot to learn, but Email Octopus makes it so easy and fast. I love being able to schedule newletters in advance and to segment users for different messaging.

Aspetti negativi:

I didn't like that I couldn't automate more than one first-time newsletter, but I think there have been some recent developments that I now need to explore.

Alternative considerate: MailerLite e Mailchimp

Perché passare a EmailOctopus: Honestly, the logo. If I recall correctly, the pricing was pretty similar at the time, and while the others might have had some functionality that EmailOctopus didn't at the time, it had pretty much everything I figured I needed just then and I really love the logo.

Artigianato, Lavoratore autonomo

Highly Recommenr Email Octopus

5,0 10 mesi fa

Commenti: It's really great, very easy to use and has all the capabilities I need.

Aspetti positivi:

The pricing! I had previously used MailChimp, but as my list grew it became way too expensive. The Email Octopus plan is much more economical, and it has most of the same features as MailChimp.

Aspetti negativi:

Having a cut and past list import function is something I miss that MailChimp had, but that is a minor quibble.

Alternative considerate: Constant Contact

Perché scegliere EmailOctopus: MailChimp got too expensive

Perché passare a EmailOctopus: Price

Matt
Owner (UK)
Software informatici, 2-10 dipendenti

My review

5,0 11 mesi fa

Commenti: I can say that it has been a reliable and easy-to-use software. The drag-and-drop editor and pre-built templates have saved me a lot of time and effort in creating visually appealing emails.

Aspetti positivi:

I've been able to set up automated email sequences to engage with my subscribers, and segment my lists based on their behavior, which has helped me to send more targeted messages.The integration with third-party apps and services has also been a considerable plus for me. I've also used the WordPress integration to add sign-up forms to my website and grow my subscriber list.

Aspetti negativi:

I've found the analytics to be somewhat basic, and I would like to have more advanced features such as A/B testing. Additionally, customer support can be slow to respond at times.

Utente Verificato
Servizi e tecnologie dell'informazione, 2-10 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Happy customer for over two years.

5,0 anno scorso

Commenti: Overall, the experience with EmailOctopus has been largely positive.

Aspetti positivi:

EmailOctopus looks easy at first, but I will highly encourage anyone to look into the API for more serious use cases. Depending on your mileage, it may take you longer to integrate, but if you have worked with competitors, it only should take you a few hours at most to build a fully integrated flow with the API.

Aspetti negativi:

The editor is a little finicky at times and the documentation for power users could be made more visible. I would also expect better support for managing multiple accounts at this price point.

Alternative considerate: SendGrid e Mailchimp

Perché passare a EmailOctopus: The Octopus is cuter.

Alex
CEO (Canada)
Marketing e pubblicità, 2-10 dipendenti

5/5 Definitely Recommend

5,0 9 mesi fa

Aspetti positivi:

What got me into using EmailOctopus was initially the low fee. Compared to similar products/services, EmailOctopus is the cheapest. Since I've incorporated the tool into my business, I have been very happy. The ease of use and the smooth setup with other tools such as Zapier and GravityForms makes this a no-brainer. Additionally, customer service is fast to reply and helpful. I highly recommend EmailOctopus!

Aspetti negativi:

Honestly, there are no cons. The UI/UX is smooth and there are how-to guides for everything.

Alternative considerate: Constant Contact e Mailchimp

Perché scegliere EmailOctopus: The cost.

Sheila
Graphic Design, Lavoratore autonomo
Fonte della recensione

Email Octopus makes it designing and sending emails easy and affordable

5,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: I'm getting more emails out and having more interaction with my customers. With the algorithms on social media changing daily, being able to consistently connect with my customers through email marketing is so important.

Aspetti positivi:

Email Octopus is so much easier to use that other email marketing products. The templates are simple and impactful, making sending new email campaigns an absolute breeze instead of a full-time job.

Aspetti negativi:

The only thing I would suggest is that email octopus develop an app for mobile users. That would make it even easier to use!

Ruben
Head of Digital Marketing (UK)
Beni di consumo, 11-50 dipendenti

Small but perfectly formed

4,0 5 mesi fa

Commenti: A great platform for email marketing and it seems like it will only get better.

Aspetti positivi:

EmailOctopus is a simple platform which does email very well. The practical ease of use is unmatched by competitors in my experience - especially at the price.

Aspetti negativi:

In some areas it would be nice to have a few more features such as around media library management and historical reporting of email performance by date range or tags. Also reporting on subscriber engagement in more detail with flexible reporting would be nice along with a few additional capabilities around link tracking. These are all optional though, and what EmailOctopus does it does very well.