Informazioni su Plooto

Il modo più semplice per raccogliere pagamenti commerciali una tantum e ricorrenti. Semplice per te e per i tuoi clienti. Si sincronizza con QuickBooks e Xero.

Ulteriori informazioni su Plooto

Aspetti positivi:

It's affordability and versatility. The ability to have people on ACH subscriptions is a large plus.

Aspetti negativi:

The pricing change is too bad given our corporate structure.

Valutazioni di Plooto

Punteggio medio

Facilità d'uso
Servizio clienti
4,0
Caratteristiche
Rapporto qualità-prezzo

Lo consiglieresti?

Plooto ha una valutazione complessiva di 4,4 stelle su 5, calcolata sulla base di 221 recensioni degli utenti di Capterra.

Hai già usato Plooto?

Condividi la tua esperienza con altri acquirenti.

Filtra le recensioni (221)

Aislinn
Aislinn
Marketing Asssitant (Canada)
Consulenza manageriale, 11-50 dipendenti

Entreflow Consulting Group's use of Plooto

5,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: Plooto has certainly helped us from a workflow perspective, it's pulling your payables from your Quickbooks or Xero account into Plooto so you can see all the payables that you need to deal with and when they're due. And there's a whole bunch of approval processes you can put in place for internal controls perspective so make things a lot more bulletproof than just manually writing checks and doing e-transfers.

Aspetti positivi:

So you can currently do pre-authorized debit, pre-authorized credit receivables in U.S. dollars and Canadian dollars which is super kick-ass. It's also made some of our clients lives a lot easier if they've got clients in different countries, and it gives their clients flexibility to pay in debit or credit. Also, as far as the amount of time it takes for that cash to clear your bank account; it's faster than Stripe, and on top of that the integration with Quickbooks makes it a lot easier to manage the fees, unlike Stripe.

Aspetti negativi:

We'd love to see more international payments to more countries just for some of our clients that have people they're paying in lots of different places around the world. As well, with the international payments, if a client has a lot of companies that they're paying in the U.S. for instance if you get really costly really quickly. So I'd like to see some bulk discounts for high volume payments to the U.S.

Heather
Principal (Canada)

Our EFT provider of choice

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: Our objective was to automate payables, and Plooto has been great for that purpose.

Aspetti positivi:

We're a Quickbooks shop, and we *love* the integration. Virtually all of our clients are using Plooto for payables, and some for receivables. In terms of pricing, the package is advantageous for most of our clients. Some of the tiny ones would spend less on regular bank fees -- but the convenience still makes Plooto a good option. The interface is clean and user-friendly. Our clients love the signing authority "tiers." We're working with nonprofits, so there's always a board of directors to consider -- and therefore multiple signers. It's not uncommon for orgs to specify who needs to approve organizations over certain limits, and Plooto gets us there with no fuss.

Aspetti negativi:

We still have issues with some vendors not being serviced by Plooto, e.g. credit card companies. The ability to send payments internationally through Plooto is great, but we sometimes experience issues with foreign banks. On the signing authority front, it's possible to do an "end run" around banking agreements by authorizing people on Plooto that aren't authorized on the bank account. We need to do our due diligence on that, to ensure payments are authorized only by signing authorities.

Tammy
Publisher (Canada)
Editoria, 2-10 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

It appears to have it all until you use it.

1,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: Not Good. Really ambitious to make it work I like the concept but they make it very hard to be a client.

Aspetti positivi:

I like that it can process both bank or credit card payments for receivables. It can provide automation too but unfortunately it didn't work for me. I like the price. And I like that it linked into xero. It appears to have it all until you use it.

Aspetti negativi:

1) Its not easy to use, no introduction. 2) the automation component never worked for me I know I had to get PAD on but I wanted it on for some clients off for others and this was not an easy thing to set. It also doesn't allow me to store the credit card something like Quickbooks online I had in mind but this is a complete oversight to the program. I guess if automation actually worked then this could solve this issue. 3) Ya I was very confused but when my clients couldn't figure it out either, some ended up with duplicate payments pulled from their accounts etc. No help to fix very embarrassing. 4) their live chat is not live. You ask a question and wait. Fine to get started but even in the middle of conversation to deal with issues they just disappear. The conversation is not live. Sometimes they don't even read my questions which makes me think not a real person is helping me. 5) Money holding ridiculous! If a client due date on invoice was 30 days and they paid me next day I had to wait until what my invoice said for due date on payment. Plus when money drops into my account there is no PLOOTO ID on the deposit. Very confusing for trying to reconcile. 6) Plooto reconciled in Xero in its own little account but doesn't reconcile with the bank account. Weird and confusing.

Noah
Senior Financial Analyst (Canada)
Ricerche di mercato, 11-50 dipendenti

Time Saver

5,0 3 mesi fa

Aspetti positivi:

Plooto has reduced our payment processing time down from 4-5 hours twice a month to paying our key vendors on a weekly basis in 45 minutes. We went from cutting over 50 cheques to completely electronic payment methods, with the option to still send cheques to vendors that prefer it. It is very easy to use and syncs perfectly with QuickBooks Online. They give excellent transparency on timelines of your payment statuses so you can keep vendors informed of when they can expect payment. Customer service is right at your finger tips and gives almost immediate help through their chat feature.

Aspetti negativi:

Some vendors can be skeptical to enter banking details into a third party payment processor.

Maddie
Maddie
System Administrator (USA)
Servizi e tecnologie dell'informazione, 10.000+ dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Plooto is an easy-to-use, handy program that simplifies the process

4,0 6 mesi fa

Commenti: Accounts payable include a variety of options that make it simple to designate an approval tier and transfer payments. Checks that have been deposited in the previous few months have not shown in the system, however the support staff is working to correct this. Other than this, Plooto has a number of features that make processing AP more efficient.

Aspetti positivi:

Sending payments in practically any quantity to suppliers with Plooto is one of its finest features. Approval control, user-friendliness, and affordability are all things we like. It integrates with QBO and makes it simple to reconcile and set up payments automatically. Recurring payments and deposits may be set up quickly and effortlessly.

Aspetti negativi:

The inclusion of cheque numbers in a report would be quite helpful in keeping track of payments. As an alternative, it would be good if the user could pick from a list of pre-existing merchants.

Danny
Founder (Canada)
Contabilità, 2-10 dipendenti

Integral Software for Accounting

4,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: My experience has been very good! Been very happy with product in the past few years that I have been using it for my clients.

Aspetti positivi:

I like the integration with QBO and that it makes it easy for me to process payments with the appropriate checks and balances of approvals. The software also helps in confirming whether the bank information being provided is valid or not. So easy to use!!!

Aspetti negativi:

The only Con that I could think of is that it becomes a bit expensive for those that have very little transactions monthly where the fixed monthly fee does not get fully utilized.

Varun
Partner (Canada)

Alternative considerate:

Fantastic option for an accounting firm!

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: Very positive and highly recommended

Aspetti positivi:

We've transformed our accounting firm from traditional "after the fact" billing and collection, to a monthly recurring fee model using Plooto. It has automated one of the most painful parts of running an accounting firm. Our clients love to do their own Receivables, Payables and CRA payments using Plooto.

Aspetti negativi:

Reports functionality is lacking It takes time for clients to get a hang of it initially when setting up PAD.

Alexandra
Bookeepper (Canada)
Industria alberghiera, 11-50 dipendenti

Overall a good option to manage Payables and Receivables

4,0 9 mesi fa

Aspetti positivi:

Plooto is a user friendly software, easy to use and convenient. I was able to sync with QuickBooks, which makes the process even easier.

Aspetti negativi:

There are some functions that could be added/improved in the reporting area and external user experience.

Scott
Executive Director (Canada)
Gestione di organizzazioni non profit, 2-10 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Great financial software for small and mid-sized organizations

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: We use the software for payment of invoices including external vendors, staff reimbursements, and payroll. Works perfectly for us. Just a few clicks and there are adequate checks and balances features to ensure accountability and security.

Aspetti positivi:

As a small association, with few vendors and accounts payable/receivable, the software works very well for us. While I'm sure it can also be used for larger organizations and may have lots of advanced functions, the core user interface, notifications, integrations and other features are perfect for our smaller organizations. No unnecessary complications.

Aspetti negativi:

I suppose if anything, if you need to reverse a payment already in process it can be a bit of a challenge but have only experienced that once.

Utente Verificato
Admin Coordinator (Canada)
Gestione di organizzazioni non profit, 2-10 dipendenti

Alternative considerate:

User friendly but wished that Accounts receivable had more options

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: The problem that arises is that we as a small organization end up paying for two software because some of our vendors pay by credit card so we are spending more money on Plooto.

Aspetti positivi:

Multiple options for accounts payable which makes it easy set approval tier and to transfer funds

Aspetti negativi:

I highly recommend that Plooto starts accepting payments via credit card or email AR. While this is an option for AP it should be implemented for AR too. Secondly as a 4 member organization we wished there was a non-profit pricing range.

Ron
Ron
Fonte: GetApp

Plooto review

4,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: None of my clients use cheques and rarely any other mode of payment. Plooto could improve the approval process, however.

Aspetti positivi:

Plooto synchronizes with QBO pulling in all unpaid bills. Paying suppliers is done simply by ticking the unpaid items particularly if you have set up the supplier in Plooto with their banking information. If not available an e-transfer can be made or Plooto will solicit this detail from the supplier for you. Collecting outstanding receivables in QBO also works very nicely although some clients are suspicious of the solicitation. USD payments and rapid payments are also available if Plooto is prefunded, otherwise a fee is applied.

Aspetti negativi:

The payment interface with QBO was not well thought out. The first step initiates a payment and a designated approver will then have to approve the payment. Plooto immediately marks the bill as paid in QBO. The approver often delays in approving payment due to cash flows or disagreement. Running a balance sheet or payables listing in QBO is misleading since items have been removed as 'paid'. Putting the bills back into QBO as unpaid means deleting the initiated payment in Plooto and manually deleting the payment if QBO. This often leads to mistakes if there are large volumes and a busy schedule, sometimes resulting in double payments . In spite of the claims by Plooto the balance showing in QBO often become irreconcilable resulting in a write off. Plooto does not import credit amounts resulting in overpayments. The resolution to this by Plooto to this issue is extremely simple. Do not mark 'initiated' payments as 'paid' only 'approved' payments.

SARA

It's Okay

4,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: I am striving to keep my payment processing costs as low as possible. As such, I've stuck with Plooto and have tried to have as many clients as possible do ACH processing. However, more and more clients are requesting to use credit cards, and many are okay with paying a surcharge for processing fees. Plooto does not accept credit card payments, and I would prefer to have a one stop shop for payment processing. I was happier when it was a flat $1 fee per ACH, I'm now paying much more per transaction due to the flat $25 per month fee and the small amount of clients I have who are still willing to do ACH payments.

Aspetti positivi:

If you're looking for automatic draws, it works well. Syncs with both QBO and Xero.

Aspetti negativi:

If your client doesn't have all of the funds in their account, you won't be notified. Plooto will draw what it can and you'll have to log in to look to see who failed to pay in full. Pricing is okay. You're essentially charged $2.50 for ACH. If you're using QBO, you may as well just use their ACH payment processing as it's cheaper. If you're using Plooto to pay a client (a refund, for example) it isn't automatic. You have to set them up again, and they'll have to guess a password to accept the funds you're transferring to them. It's bizarre that you can take money from them, but can't send it to them.

Audrey
Fonte della recensione

It's easy and quick to use, but it's missing a key integration that would make it perfect.

4,0 anno scorso

Commenti: Overall a good experience, but it's missing a key integration that would make it perfect. I can't wait for them to bring back credit card payments and I hope they expand the integration capabilities.

Aspetti positivi:

Plooto integrates with QBO and make syncing receivables and payables easy. It reconciles the payments which saves a lot of time. The customers and suppliers receive an email that tells them about upcoming payments and a link that takes them to this information plus shows them the past transactions.

Aspetti negativi:

I've been using Plooto with one client for about a year now and would like to move other clients to this system. Unfortunately, Plooto doesn't work with QBO's projects and sub-customer system. Each time I’ve tested collecting these receivables, Plooto says the customer doesn't exist and wants to create a new client even though the client does exist, it's picking up the project or sub-customer name at the end of the client’s name. If Plooto’s system can recognize the customers name before the ":" to allow collection of accounts with multiple project or sub-accounts I would be able to move more clients over to this system.

Diana
Bookkeeper (Canada)

How Plooto Saved Me

Aspetti positivi:

Supporting associations with multiple signatories this has been a world of difference in my process flow and the quality and timeliness of payment processing. Each of signatories is set up and whosh off go payments. Was for several years using postal services or meeting in person. A couple of postal strikes later during which i felt i was losing the plot. Labelling/addressing envelopes (small operation so no stamps or administrative assistants), going to post office. And same on the other end for the receivers. Also had a situation of a missing cheque and bank account fraud as well. Am sure it was a payment to service provider that disappeared. Suddenly draws to the bank account are coming from all over Canada for large amounts. And then I bumped into Plooto at a QBO Conference...LIFE CHANGING. Not to speak of today's world where I'm limiting as much errand running as possible.

Aspetti negativi:

Used to be support was on phone live. really hate the chat funciton, somehow my descriptions never get captured by the feed, they receive blanks on support end. So it is really a pain. don't know why and know it must be a set up thing but have not been able to solve.

Krista
Partner (USA)
Ha utilizzato il software per: 6-12 mesi
Fonte della recensione

Great system for small businesses and non-profits.

4,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: Overall its a great system and we have moved the majority of our clients over to it. There are some limitations but they just require a work around.

Aspetti positivi:

It is great for tracking the approval process for payments and providing an alternative method of payment for invoices.

Aspetti negativi:

Customer service has been a struggle for us. It is hard to get in touch with someone when we have questions or concerns. It would be nice if there was a way to receive approval for payment but to submit the payment offline. Sometimes payments need to be submitted by credit card or paper check and we cannot use the system for tracking approval for those.

Tatiana
Contabilità, 2-10 dipendenti

Excellent software overall

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: Plooto allows easy and painless payments for businesses with a high volume of bills at a reasonable cost. It's pretty user friendly, although there are some advanced user tips which are hard to learn about.

Aspetti positivi:

We set up all our high volume AP clients on Plooto for ease of payment, self reconciliation with QBO and ease of troubleshooting. We queue up the invoices and they get send to the account owner for approval. Then Plooto marks the bills as paid.

Aspetti negativi:

I wish there was an approval process ahead of time, not only at time of payment. You will also need to do a manual entry to apply any CRA payments as Plooto will not know how to apply it for you - I wish there was a tool that could map the CRA payment to the right balance sheet account when you pay. If a payment is rejected or not accepted, Plooto does not notify you - it takes some monitoring and troubleshooting to find payments that were not accepted. There should be an email advising the user. The training is minimal, but should include tips on how to pull and export the bank data for analysis, I only learned of it from support which is a waste of Plooto's resources.

Ali
IT & Operations (Canada)
Fonte della recensione

Great overall payment processing tool

5,0 9 mesi fa

Aspetti positivi:

Plooto is very easy and intuitive to use. The integration with Xero and reoccurring PAD setups are great time saving features. In my experience the customer support is top class. My concerns are addressed the same day. The value provided by Plooto is unmatched in my experience.

Aspetti negativi:

Notifications! I do understand and appreciate the dedication Plooto has to security but being an accounting firm which means dealing with many companies the notifications can fill up the inbox pretty quickly. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to remove these for security reasons. My suggestion to Plooto is perhaps enforce user notifications for 2 accounts and allow deactivate the notifications for other users. This would save tremendous amount of time for accounting/finance firms that deal with multiples client accounts.

Luke
Owner Operator (Canada)
Salute, benessere e fitness, Lavoratore autonomo

Alternative considerate:

I saved hours of work and thousands of dollars using plooto

5,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: Overall I'm very happy with Plooto, will continue to use it and encourage other business to use it.

Aspetti positivi:

It's way cheaper than credit card fees and saves time over cashing cheques.

Aspetti negativi:

Some payment changes can take a little longer than I feel they should. I tried to cancel a payment that was to be debited later that day. It still went through because it was too short notice.

Utente Verificato
Founder (USA)
Consulenza manageriale
Fonte della recensione

Plooto is a simple AP and AR tool that also makes it easy to pay across borders.

4,0 5 anni fa

Commenti: I mostly used it for AR purposes across the U.S. and Canadian border.

Aspetti positivi:

It's simple, and that point needs to be kept in mind. The interface is intuitive and it syncs with popular accounting programs like QuickBooks Online. The best part of the program (in my opinion) is the AR function that allows you to set up a recurring ACH payment from clients for a flat fee. Depending on the size of your invoice this could save you some money in credit card or bank processing fees. Also, you can do ACH payment from a U.S. bank and deposit the funds in a Canadian bank account. It is a pretty cool feature that puts them above Bill.com. It also doesn't carry the monthly fee of Bill.com.

Aspetti negativi:

It takes way too long to send money across borders. My experience is with the Canadian/U.S. border. It took nearly two weeks from the time that the client authorized the payment until it was deposited in my account. Also, if you are using Plooto for a foreign currency exchange service much better rates can be found elsewhere. If you are using Plooto instead of Bill.com and need all of the permissions or invoice scanning functionality, don't expect it. However, if you want a simple AP and AR tool with an added bonus of being able to make and receive payments across borders, and you aren't time crunched to make or receive a payment, then Plooto is a great inexpensive option.

Zak
Executive Director (Canada)
Marketing e pubblicità, 51-200 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Turnkey, easy to use accounts payable solution

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: It's been a tent pole product for us as part of our finance activities. Highly recommend to any organization with daily payment needs.

Aspetti positivi:

Plooto makes it very easy to pay suppliers and vendors. If you can get your bills from Xero or your accounting software, its just a couple of clicks away to create payments. The additional approval workflow features are great for scaling up and delegating Accounts Payable and setting limits on payment types. Plooto Instant is also a very handy solution for last minute payment needs, we always keep funds there for our staff.

Aspetti negativi:

A better/more open API so we could programmatically create new payment contacts or set Email Transfer passwords, but honestly that's nit-picking. The functionality provided is more than enough for 99% of businesses.

Sherry

Plooto Works Great

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: Good customer service and very functional software.

Aspetti positivi:

Plooto has the functionality and the security that I need for my clients. It works well and require little time for my clients to approve.

Aspetti negativi:

I wish they went back to the per payment pricing they had before. It worked better for my client who pays maybe 5 one month and then 50 the next.

Darshi
CPA (USA)

Plooto Review

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: excellent software, very easy to setup and use

Aspetti positivi:

Ease of use, easy setup and integrated well with the Xero software

Aspetti negativi:

Fees per transaction increased this year

Jennifer
Business Coach (Canada)

My reliable assistant

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: I have found the software to be reliable and easy to use. But more importantly, I have found the support team to be responsive and genuinely interested in solving problems.

Aspetti positivi:

Plooto is my AR/AP support system. It does the work as expected, when expected and in my business, reliability is a top quality. I couldn't imagine running my business without Plooto on my team.

Aspetti negativi:

I have requested the platform be modified to be more accessible so that my sight impaired customers can benefit from the value Plooto can offer.

Lead Client Advisor (Canada)

Plooto Review

4,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: The accounts payable functionality and clear audit trail have been fantastic. It is a useful software for our firm and our clients have definitely benefited from the implementation. I definitely recommend Plooto to anyone that would benefit from it.
I think there are some flaws with the software regarding international wire transfers as well as with the tier set up that need to be sorted out. We have had to manage some issues with clients as a result of these flaws. Overall, I have been extremely satisfied with the software/cost and I am confident that it will continue to improve.

Aspetti positivi:

Integration was smooth and easy to use. It has saved time, organized files with a clear audit trail, eliminated a number of potential mistakes which can happen through manual entries.

Aspetti negativi:

Approval tier set up is very poor. Having a global tier and specific bank tier are great, but there should be clearer instructions that setting up a tier on a specific bank will supersede and eliminate a global tier. When the amounts on the tiers are completely different one should not impact the other. Eg - Bank tier - 0-1,000 requires X approvers and Global Tier 1,000.01 - unlimited requires Z approvers. The global tier should not be ignored since the amounts are completely different.

Judah

Alternative considerate:

It's alright, the integration with Xero is a bit iffy.

4,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: It's alright. Not great. Not bad. Nothing to write home about.

Aspetti negativi:

No option to accept credit cards. The rigidness of the PAD form and not allowing us access to the PAD form in the event that we want to move to a different platform. Not easy to add new vendors without adding an inconvenience to them.