Recensioni su Payroll Relief

Valutazioni medie

• Nel complesso
  • Servizio clienti

Informazioni su Payroll Relief

A powerful cloud-based payroll processing center designed exclusively for accountants and independent payroll processors.

Ulteriori informazioni su Payroll Relief

Stai visualizzando 23 recensioni

Utente Verificato
Bookkeeper
  • Data della recensione: 1/5/2019

"Love this software"

Commenti: It has made the end of the year a delight. Before it was very hard but with this software it is a breeze

Vantaggi: It is put together so that it is easy to use and if you need any help they are just a phone call away

Inconvenienti: It doesn't keep ALL years active so that you can look back in them. It only leaves two.

• Data della recensione: 1/5/2019
Sheena C.
Payroll Analyst
  • Data della recensione: 24/8/2020

"Great Payroll Software"

Commenti: Overall I have really enjoyed payroll relief. We have a client who still has me process her quarterly reports in quick books and every time after I do it, I am so thankful for Payroll Relief, the ease to just set up a payroll and process is so worth it, filing reports is so easy, and anytime I have had an issue support has always been really helpful. They have on going training and webinars you can go back and watch and training videos. They have links to forms you need from all the states. Just overall we have been happy with they product and how efficient it has been. Every product will have issues from time to time but so far this is the best one we have used.

Vantaggi: This software is so easy to use!! initally getting started and figuring out where things are takes a minute but once you get it down it is so simple and just couple of clicks and you can process a payroll.

Inconvenienti: I would like to individualize a few reports more but they are constantly looking at that and trying to add and improve. They did have a feature that let you add time in by each employee and with an update the feature was removed. I would like that option back, but overall any issue I have or anything I think I can't do I am usually able to talk to support and find a way to do it.

• Data della recensione: 24/8/2020
Ellen L.
Enrolled Agent
  • Data della recensione: 23/9/2019

"Too many errors"

Commenti: Although the company seemed to know what they were doing years ago, things have drastically gone downhill. No one would ever turn off automatic tax payments and quarterly reporting for half of their payroll clients at the end of a tax year ever! I feel like their customer service motto was "Blame the customer!"

Vantaggi: Originally, it was an easy added feature to the accounting software we were using. It made for a great all in one system. It was easy for us to switch to payroll from accounting and vice versa. It pulled payroll journals directly over without us having to enter in any information.

Inconvenienti: The worst problem we had with payroll relief was when the company decided to turn off automatic tax payments and report processing on a random number of our clients. Once the situation was recognized, clearly things were already late as they send things in on the final due date. As it didn't stop filing and tax payments on all, just most, we had to figure out which ones needed attention and then get with each of the taxing agencies over the next 6 months to get the penalties removed. It was a nightmare. We were simply told by support that we had to have manually cancelled the payments and quarterly filings ourselves and they would not assist us further.
Also, the payroll journals did not leave any space for editing them. It was not often when they needed to be changed but it causes issues on financial statements when the client's bank account was cancelled due to fraud the day before running payroll. The payroll journal posted to the wrong bank account and customer support was not too interested in helping. These are just two examples of headaches we faced with Payroll Relief.

• Data della recensione: 23/9/2019
Jenna G.
  • Data della recensione: 17/7/2020

"Review"

Commenti: It is a great easy payroll software

Vantaggi: I like that you can efile tax forms for quarterlys no more printing off. Also, I like that it can intergrade with Accountants world.

Inconvenienti: I don't like how customer service has no clue to what is always going on.

• Data della recensione: 17/7/2020
Debbie S.
  • Data della recensione: 16/9/2020

"Decent Balance of Features and Price"

Commenti: It is the backbone that our business is built on. Several years ago we attempted to transition to a more robust platform (Evolution) which was a disaster, so we came back and have learned to live within the restrictions of their system. While there have been many enhancements in the 11 years we have been using the product, the developer does a poor job of rolling them out. Doesn't seem to be any beta testing and users and support personnel are often left to fumble through. While they maintain a user forum, management is typically not very inclined to respond to complaints or implement suggestions. While there is no perfect system, overall I would probably give them a rating of about 65%.

Vantaggi: This software was priced within reach for our startup and allowed up to ramp-up quickly. As we've grown, their tiered pricing has allowed us to increase our margins. It's easy to demo to prospects and overall impression from our clients is that is is easy to use. Integrated ACH services are a critical differentiator.

Inconvenienti: There are significant limitations in reporting and HRIS capabilities. As we continue to reach upmarket to larger, more complex clients, we have been forced to cobble together several different solutions to meet their needs, since these extended features are not available.

• Data della recensione: 16/9/2020
John M.
Risorse umane, 2-10 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 31/8/2020

"Reliable Payroll Software"

Vantaggi: Payroll Relief is a tried-and-true web-based payroll system. I like the system's batch processing capabilities and tax payment automation. The company continues to build time saving features into the platform. Overall the software is easy to use and my team is able to customize each account to meet the specific needs of our clients.

Inconvenienti: The system has two vertical navigation bars. Both contain links to screens that are used quite often. Employee screens and payroll reports are accessible from the right navigation bar while payroll processing screens, and tax forms are accessible from the left navigation bar. I would prefer all of these screens to be accessible from the left navigation bar.

• Data della recensione: 31/8/2020
Jim S.
Partner
  • Data della recensione: 12/7/2017

"A fully automated simple to use system that makes you look like a large payroll provider"

Commenti: The benefit of being able to offer payroll directly to my clients which not only creates a new profit center, but also allows me to post directly into the accounting software.

Vantaggi: A fully automated system that I can run remotely from my iPad if needed. Once payroll is finalized, nothing more to do. Direct deposits generated, tax payments scheduled, third party check/ACH payments done, reports emails to client, and complete quarterly & annual form filing.....all done for me. 24/7 access from wherever you have an internet connection. Client and employee email and text notifications

Inconvenienti: The need for a cross year detailed earnings report. The inability to work with some smaller local banks

• Data della recensione: 12/7/2017
Olivia B.
Director of Operations
Ha utilizzato il software per: 6-12 mesi
  • Data della recensione: 26/8/2020

"Payroll Review"

Commenti: So far so good! Customer service is great. The system isn't super user friendly so a website update would be nice. I also wish more states were connected for electronic tax payments and filings.

Vantaggi: Automatic tax payments and the customer service.

Inconvenienti: It isn't super user friendly, where to find things is not really obvious.

• Data della recensione: 26/8/2020
Linda S.
  • Data della recensione: 15/9/2020

"Used to be better"

Commenti: They don't listen to users when they want to make changes. They had a really good product a couple of years ago, but I no longer recommend it. I have lost confidence in the management team and the future path for this software.

Vantaggi: What I love most are the reports. In the past, I liked that it was solid, reliable, pretty much error-free software.

Inconvenienti: In the summer of 2019, they did a major software update that is still causing big problems a year later. They are not necessarily quick to fix the problems and they are never proactive in notifying users of problems.

• Data della recensione: 15/9/2020
Brian H.
Controller
  • Data della recensione: 28/8/2019

"Not the product I thought I bought"

Commenti: Not good...

Vantaggi: Software is easy to use and doesn't take much time to figure out.

Inconvenienti: Cannot file electronically for my state. Calculates multiple state tax items incorrectly. Does not allow you to customize or make changes to calculate correctly. Tax liabilities do not flow to Form 941 or State Form. Local taxes do not feed over to forms. Some local taxes populate the wrong area of the form. Every single quarterly report must be printed to PDF so we can modify, update, over-write and correct wrong data. It has added hours of labor for my PR staff to complete our clients quarterly reporting. Looking forward to moving away from this product.

• Data della recensione: 28/8/2019
Tim W.
  • Data della recensione: 1/6/2017

"Very Good"

Commenti: The benefits allow the small accounting and payroll firm to compete with ADP and the larger firms. We can offer similar service at a reasonable cost.

Vantaggi: The program is efficient and easy to use. The program is powerful and allows our company to offer a broader base of service than other programs available to small accounting and payroll firms.

Inconvenienti: The cost of the program cuts into our profits and limits us to a small extent. The lead time on direct deposits are very tight. For a Friday payroll, the payroll must be processed by 8 pm on Tuesday. It would be nice to have until 8 pm on Wednesday.

• Data della recensione: 1/6/2017
Larry S.
  • Data della recensione: 16/5/2019

"Excellent Program for Small Business Users"

Commenti: Our business has confidently relied on Payroll Relief to power our payroll business for 10 years. Going forward we know that we can always count on Payroll Relief to adapt and be ahead of the curve of the continually changing compliance landscape.

Vantaggi: Payroll Relief has been able to maintain a balance between providing an affordable software option for small business users without sacrificing the robust, powerful features of the software.

Inconvenienti: The process to setup a new client can be a challenge to navigate.

• Data della recensione: 16/5/2019
James S.
Partner
  • Data della recensione: 13/7/2018

"A fully automated system that pretty much runs itself"

Commenti: New profit center and integration with accounting system

Vantaggi: Fully automated, all functionality included system that allows an accounting firm look like a professional payroll company and providing all the functionality, and more

Inconvenienti: Needs 3 days to process direct deposits. If a client had an NSF then all automated tax payments are turned off and you must make all ACH payments manually

• Data della recensione: 13/7/2018
Mike C.
Industria alberghiera, 2-10 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 15/8/2019

"Best payroll software I have used"

Commenti: Except for the training video on the upgrade, it is wonderful.

Vantaggi: Easy to use, web based so I can get to it anywhere, intuitive.

Inconvenienti: I don't like the software update training video. It jumps between accounting and payroll that does not allow a smooth transition between features of the payroll. It presents a few steps in payroll then jumps to accounting without completing the payroll process.

• Data della recensione: 15/8/2019
Maria L.
CPA
  • Data della recensione: 18/7/2019

"Payroll Relieft"

Commenti: Obtaining more accurate data from clients.

Vantaggi: Ease of use. Allows access to clients info and allows us to control what they can do. Also, access from any where.

Inconvenienti: When contacting support I do not always get a direct answer even when I list my email and phone number. Most go to owner and I have to wait until he forwards to me.

• Data della recensione: 18/7/2019
Steve B.
  • Data della recensione: 7/7/2017

"Wonderful! Allows us to offer payroll on a level that we could not before."

Commenti: Ease of use. Timely updating. Quick processing of payrolls.

Vantaggi: Ease of use. Access to all states for processing. Integration with Accounting Power is great! Payrolls are simple and easy to run.

Inconvenienti: Lacking in reporting to local tax authorities and various state unemployment agencies. Setup is time consuming.

• Data della recensione: 7/7/2017
Jeffrey W.
Accountant
  • Data della recensione: 26/2/2018

"Great payroll software with lots of automation"

Vantaggi: I love all the automation with the payroll taxes. Almost all of the taxes are taken care of monthly, quarterly, and annually without me having to do anything extra.

Inconvenienti: It can take a while to learn everything about it, and the search feature often doesn't help me find what I need.

• Data della recensione: 26/2/2018
Cydni nicole W.
Ophthalmic Coding Specialist
  • Data della recensione: 1/8/2018

"Very user friendly!"

Vantaggi: The practice I work for uses this software for our payroll. I log in to my employee portal about twice a month to look at my check stubs, view my remaining PTO, ets. It is very easy to navigate the employee portal!

Inconvenienti: I have been a user of the employee portal for over 5 years now and I have never had any issues with this aspect of the software!

• Data della recensione: 1/8/2018
Debra F.
Principal
  • Data della recensione: 12/10/2018

"They are not responsive and the software appears to be unstable."

Commenti: I am completely unsatisfied, they are horrible!

Vantaggi: It appeared to be fairly easy to use, but pray you don't run into an issue. Because you will get no help, waiting 6 weeks for a resolution on various issues getting the same garbage from different people, who then promised to call back. And forget trying to escalate your complaint, the higher ups simply cant be bothered.

Inconvenienti: It seems unstable and no one there seems to know how to fix it.

• Data della recensione: 12/10/2018
Natalie S.
accountant
  • Data della recensione: 26/9/2019

"Payroll relief"

Commenti: Overall i would recommend this to companies with more than 100 employees.

Vantaggi: What i like most about this software is how easy it is to set up employee info. We recommend to clients with many employees, to streamline the accounting process.

Inconvenienti: What I dislike about this software is that they do not provide any in person training and some clients prefer a more hands on approach.

• Data della recensione: 26/9/2019
Gregg F.
IT Manager
Ingegneria civile, 51-200 dipendenti
Ha utilizzato il software per: 6-12 mesi
  • Data della recensione: 20/11/2018

"Unable to fix their own issues..."

Commenti: Works for most employees, but have 1 employee who can't login to the web app. Not on their phone or someone elses. Have verified that the all the information is correct, but can't get in. Payroll Relief has no ideas why. I haven't seen the web portal fail for any employees though, so there's still that going for it.

Vantaggi: * Does Payroll
* Web interface
* Phone App (when you can log into it)

Inconvenienti: * Phone App doesn't remember an of the user information, even though they have a remember user switch on the login screen
* None existent customer support

• Data della recensione: 20/11/2018
Meredith L.
Administrative Specialist
  • Data della recensione: 11/1/2019

"Software conversion nightmare"

Vantaggi: I'm trying to think of a "pro." None come to mind.

Inconvenienti: Converting from Accounting CS to Payroll Relief has been an absolute nightmare, and we're still having problems getting the system to pull taxes. Customer Service has been of little help, and they are sometimes not responsive, at all. When addressed with the sales rep who convinced us to convert, we were told they were very busy with other clients, so it might take a while for them to get back to us. Not happy, at all.

• Data della recensione: 11/1/2019
Marc B.
Managing Partner
  • Data della recensione: 30/7/2019

"Stay away"

Commenti: I have tried payroll relief twice, both times a disaster. This go around I have experienced incorrect calculation of social security and medicare tax ( different amount from employer to employee, off by more than $10 so not a rounding issue), no one at customer service can tell me why. No one at customer service can tell me how to input personal use of a company car. No one at customer service can tell me why the software won't calculate company match for a SIMPLE plan. And out of the blue it paid a tax deposit that was already paid. This payment is/was marked as paid manually in April and three months later it processed the payment which resulted in an overdraft fee.

Vantaggi: I was attracted by the price and the ability to run unlimited payroll

Inconvenienti: Functionality is a train wreck but customer service is simply non existent with this company. Hope you never have a question. Help database hasn't been updated in quite a while and none of the screenshots match the actual software.

• Data della recensione: 30/7/2019