A great high-level SEO platform for Marketing Executives

Amy S.
Marketing Consultant
Marketing e pubblicità, 2-10 dipendenti
Probabilmente no Molto probabilmente

Commenti: For over a year I have run side-by-side comparisons of both SEM and Moz. I have run reports on my clients' websites, used the platform for new-business purposes, and have used Moz extensively for keyword research. On all these fronts Moz excelled. I would happily recommend it to any CMO/Marketing Director-level person who's trying to build a strategy. But if you're a small agency trying to figure out which subscription to keep, it might be SEM Rush only for the ability to drill down deeper. I personally didn't enjoy using SEM Rush compared to Moz. Moz gave me information with a minimal of annoyance. Moz is built for the big picture. Between SEM Rush and Moz? Moz will make you feel like a genious.

Vantaggi: Moz has a really lovely and user-friendly interface that makes it easy for me to pull great-looking reports for clients and for myself. Moz natively generates just the right amount of detail -- not too much or too little -- to make it a great selling tool for Account Directors or in-house Marketing Directors. And it's intuitive enough that you can step away from it for a month or two and go back in and find everything you need in just a few minutes. That said, this platform also offers up lots of detail. I've definitely done some deep-dive keyword research using Moz alongside SEM Rush and been very pleased with what Mox came back with.

Inconvenienti: The complaint I would make against Moz is the same one I would make against SEM Rush: These are tools that seem to be made for IT/web developers more than marketing directors. It's hard to get a CMO-level report out of either of them. That said, I would definitely say Moz is more "client-friendly." Honestly, SEM Rush and Moz excel at different things, and they're both expensive. If push comes to shove, you may choose SEM Rush for its breadth of data, but then berate yourself for losing the user-friendliness of Moz.

Provides solid SEO monitoring but is falling behind competitors.

Data della recensione: 15/8/2017
Adam D.
Probabilmente no Molto probabilmente

Commenti: This system monitors keyword performance, provides several useful SEO metrics, and also makes those metrics available in a browser toolbar. I would say MOZ is easily in the top two SEO tools available.

Vantaggi: MOZ is a solid SEO monitoring tool that we will likely continue to use. It provides keyword tracking but takes it a step further in a couple of ways. The system provides a metric called Search Visibility. This score can either be applied to all of the keywords that are being tracked or just the keywords within a user controlled category. So this helps us understand how the site is performing but also individual product categories. We are also able to see how three competitors compare. The system is junk in, junk out. So if you don't track the right keywords, then you aren't going to get good information. But if used appropriately, you likely won't find a better system for the money.

Inconvenienti: As of the Summer of 2017, the company has fallen behind some of its competitors. Not to the point that we are going to make a switch. But we do have smaller subscriptions to their competitors to take advantage of all systems. MOZ has really fallen behind in two ways: Domain Authority and Backlinks. Domain Authority is a metric used to gauge the overall strength of a website. It gets updated semi frequently and MOZ has made bad updates before. There are better metrics that gauge the likelihood the site will rank. But we still use DA in combination with those other metrics from other companies. I do think DA does a good job of putting websites into different buckets. But if two sites are within 5-7 points, it is really almost a wash. The second area is the number of backlinks the system detects. In most instances, we have seen other backlink checkers find twice as many backlinks. Again, we use all available backlink checkers. But MOZ isn't leading the industry here.

One of a best SEO tool with awesome learning resources

Data della recensione: 21/3/2019
Chamath N.
Chief Technology Officer
Software informatici, Lavoratore autonomo
Probabilmente no Molto probabilmente

Commenti: Moz-Pro not only provides you with SEO software but also tools and training platform. It provides guaranteed results that are to be trusted. Its features are also vast and important for the users' needs.

Vantaggi: Moz-Pro is a combination of various SEO tools. It also has free tools which include keyword explore and open site explorer which are available to use for as many times as you can. Its chrome extension called Moz Bar provides you with information about the domain rank or page authority on the search engine results page. In case you subscribe for Moz-Pro, the tools that you will have access to can’t be available to the person who hasn't subscribed for it. Pros of Moz-Pro -
1. It is a comprehensive toolkit
Since Moz-Pro is a combination of several SEO tools, it has a variety of features that make it have an impressive range that covers any role you want it to play in boosting the search engine’s rank.
2. It has the best learning and resource guides.
Moz-Pro is designed in a way that its users can learn from the various video tutorials and guides it provides. In case you do n’t know how to use it, there are guides, packages, community forums and also posts that are there to make you understand.
3. It is easy to use and operate Moz-Pro.
Although it has many SEO tools, there is no confusion when it comes to using and operating it. Its processes are very easy to follow and in case you have any problem you can get help in its guide or video tutorials.

Inconvenienti: Cons of Moz-Pro.
1. Subscription is needed.
Although it has free tools, you need to subscribe so that you can access the other tools that aren’t free. Tools such as campaign crawl test, on page grader and rank tracker can only be accessed by the subscribed users and are not available without subscription.
2. It is very expensive.
Moz-Pro user requires much capital when it comes to subscribing to get important tools that aren’t available without subscription. You are also required to pay an extra amount of money if your operations are large since the campaigns or keywords are limited.

No longer an industry leader, but still a solid product

Data della recensione: 27/11/2019
Brooks M.
Probabilmente no Molto probabilmente

Commenti: Moz Pro helps us with Local SEO, keyword tracking (for specific locations which is awesome), backlink analysis, reporting, and technical site crawls. I utilize the community Q&A to bounce questions off of other experts as well.

Vantaggi: Having used many SEO softwares and Digital Marketing Suites, my favorite thing about Moz is its approach to data. The team at Moz is meticulous in producing accurate and responsible data within their tool. Domain Authority (along with the MozBar) are incredibly helpful in gauging a site's ability to rank. I love their keyword tracker - it's really easy to use. Since its most recent update, Moz's link explorer is now one of the best and boasts one of the largest link databases in the industry. Last but not least, the Moz community is incredible. The Q&A is great and high quality, really helpful.

Inconvenienti: I don't necessarily dislike anything about Moz (I do think the user interface could be better), but in general almost every one of their tools has a superior option out there. SEMRush has far better keyword and topical research tools, Screaming Frog performs a better crawl, Majestic (subjectively) has better link data, and Ahrefs has better reports (in my opinion). I also think since seemingly changing who they do citation management through, their Local SEO tool is not what it should be.

Moz Local is a MUST for any small business owner

Data della recensione: 4/5/2019
Joshua T.
Probabilmente no Molto probabilmente

Commenti: I've had a great experience with Moz Local over the past 4 years. Nothing negative to say, their syndication and reporting and noting of duplicates is great and a must have for any small business owner.

Vantaggi: This is insanely easy to setup and use and the reporting and information it provides a small business owner is great. I work with clients that range from 200+ locations down to 1 location and this software is perfect for small business owners. The reporting is quick and easy and clients love being able to login and see most everything in 2-3 clicks.

Inconvenienti: I wish they could automate some of their process for bigger clients, but the reason they are so cost friendly is because you have to do "some" manual work to clean up duplicates.

Powerful but flawed

Data della recensione: 27/5/2019
Rob C.
Marketing Copywriter
Software informatici, 51-200 dipendenti
Probabilmente no Molto probabilmente

Commenti: As the person on our team tasked with optimizing our website and content for search, I have gotten a lot of use out of Moz. It's generally a good tool for accomplishing the basics, which for me means doing the day-to-day of SEO-informed content marketing, such as keyword research, campaign tracking, some link-building, etc. I hear that there are some pricier alternatives that work better in specific areas, but as a decently priced option that does everything pretty well, Moz is a good choice. I've gotten great results in boosting our site's performance in my time using it.

Vantaggi: I quite enjoy using Moz most of the time. It does a lot of different tasks quite well, including keyword research, SERPs ranking monitoring, backlink checking, etc. For budding SEOs on teams with the budget, it's a useful tool to get started with. I currently use it daily at work, and I find it works great for my main use for it, being tracking rankings both daily and as part of ongoing campaigns to increase our company's standing in Google search.

Inconvenienti: My main gripe with this software is that it seems features are often struggling to work correctly. Rank tracker in particular has been a source of frustration, with the feature just not working at all for weeks. While it's not strictly necessary to monitor the day-by-day ranking fluctuation of pages against specific keywords, it's something that Moz's rank tracker is supposed to enable you to do, so the fact that it doesn't work consistently is quite annoying.

My Favorite SEO Tool

Data della recensione: 26/7/2019
Zev S.
Director of Professional Services
Probabilmente no Molto probabilmente

Commenti: Our company is a digital marketing company so we utilize a lot of the available SEO tools and Moz is one of the favorites among my team.

Vantaggi: There are a lot of features offered and data is provided very quickly. You can easily set up and store different campaigns and a lot of insights available.

Inconvenienti: Not a lot of customization in the reporting. There are also a lot of error messages that occur when utilizing the different features of the site.

A must-have SEO tool

Data della recensione: 4/4/2017
Ardalan Z.
Online Marketing Manager (Mid-Senior)
Dispositivi medici, 51-200 dipendenti
Probabilmente no Molto probabilmente

Vantaggi: Moz includes the most important features you expect from an online SEO tool. Backlink analysis, keyword tracker, domain analysis, onsite and offsite SEO, organic traffic analysis, and competitor analysis (just SEO). That's why I call is a must-have app. I've used many other SEO apps (such as SEMRush) and the majority of them are helpful but only for your research stage. After that, you will end up paying for features that you won't be using that much. Plus, Moz pricing has been same for a few years now.

Inconvenienti: There is a section for "insights" to help users understand a few actionable tasks to improve their website SEO score but at this point, Moz's "insights" is premature. Reporting is not a decent feature in Moz. You will find some options for PDF exports but most important charts are not supported and you can only export CSV files and then make similar charts yourself.

MOZ Pro - a powerful tool for SEO

Data della recensione: 24/10/2018
Kevin L.
Prodotti alimentari e bevande, 2-10 dipendenti
Probabilmente no Molto probabilmente

Commenti: Moz Pro packages the entire software into a beautiful UX/UI with awesome data visualization, which is extremely helpful for me to look through the data without feeling frustrated on 'what am I really looking at?' Moz Chrome Extension is a great tool for getting things like Page Rank and SERP standing, which helps me identify how my competition is doing and prospecting new leads. Would only recommend Moz Pro to the seasoned professional who understands SEO.

Vantaggi: Moz Pro is a comprehensive SEO tool for marketers like myself, and it packs a ton of features like keyword explorer and backlink checker that are an absolute must for crafting any digital marketing strategy. I'm probably in these two tool sets the most, and I love Moz Pro's Keyword explorer more than any other SEO software I've tried. The Keyword explorer helps you find both short and long-tail keywords that are profitable in your desired niche, and helps round out your keyword strategy with lucrative or hidden keywords that you may not have known about before. This helps you craft blog posts and put those keywords you just found through Moz Pro to gain new traffic through organic (or paid) search.

Inconvenienti: Moz Pro and (SEO) requires a lot of patience and a bit of knowledge in what SEO, keywords, SERP really is before you get the maximum benefits of Moz Pro. I wouldn't recommend the Pro version to anyone before they try out Moz standard version or at least do a bit of reading in SEO. It took me about a solid 2-3 months of really putting Moz Pro to the test before I understood everything.

MOZ.com = Software created by SEO experts

Data della recensione: 19/7/2016
Robert e. F.
Business Intelligence Consultant
Editoria, 1.001-5.000 dipendenti
Probabilmente no Molto probabilmente

Commenti: MOZ.com (formerly SEOMoz.com) provides SEO software, tools and training. What I like most about MOZ is that I trust their results. Additionally, I always look to their thought leadership and training on any topic related to SEO, SEM, PPC, Keyword Research, Local SEO, etc.

Vantaggi: MOZ is feature-rich with multiple modules and the ability to track performance of multiple websites. Products include:
-Moz Pro - Search Marketing:
-Moz Local - Local Search Marketing
-Moz Content - Content Marketing
-Followerwonk - Twitter Analytics
-Mozscape API

Inconvenienti: MOZ, although feature rich, is somewhat expensive for the base package. If you want the other modules like Keyword Research, Backlink Reports, Local SEO, you have to pay extra for each.

My Very First Crawling App, great experience

Data della recensione: 25/7/2019
Utente Verificato
SEO Senior and Ecommerce Analyst
Marketing e pubblicità, 201-500 dipendenti
Probabilmente no Molto probabilmente

Commenti: The first time I started working in digital marketing, I had to use this tool and it was very useful to start learning the fundamentals of web crawling and understand the different common metrics of the digital environment.

Vantaggi: A very friendly design, keyword monthly tracking, extensive competition analysis according to searches. The Chrome extension is very useful for quick views of the pages you browse through. The best thing that it has without a doubt is the extensive guide both of the characteristics of the tool itself, and of the market in which it lives.

Inconvenienti: You have to be very specific with the keywords that are added to the projects, because otherwise you get metrics that can be very different from the real ones, for better and for worse. At first it was an accessible tool for medium-sized agencies, but its price increased more than I expected.

Best Companion to analyze my content

Data della recensione: 8/3/2019
Diksha N.
Content Manager
Scrittura e attività redazionali, 13-50 dipendenti
Probabilmente no Molto probabilmente

Commenti: As discussed above, Keyword Explorer is my favorite of all its features. My contents backed with the keywords researched by employing this tool has really helped me rank my page. Furthermore, the suggestions advanced by Moz coupled with SERP analysis serves as a complete package to inspect the performance of my work.

Vantaggi: Moz Pro is not only a software, but also a self-performance examination tool, which has given me some commendable insights into my content. Moreover, its special feature- Keyword Explorer has been working wonders for me. Being a content writer, it helps me stay connected to the identical pertinence and structure, to each content that I draft.

Inconvenienti: On a bigger front, I really cannot fish for any cons for Moz Pro. But I would like the concerned authorities to kindly allow the other nations apart from the U.S. to access the database/crawler/metrics.

From a Local SEO expert

Data della recensione: 7/12/2019
Vladimir D.
Technical SEO Lead
Servizi e tecnologie dell'informazione, 51-200 dipendenti
Probabilmente no Molto probabilmente

Commenti: I'm an SEO export and I've been using Yext for about 4 years. We use it for our franchisee clients that don't want to pay for premium services like Yext.

Vantaggi: Price. You can easily sync any updates for your business with Moz Local. The platform is very simple and straight forward. I would recommend this tool for business owners with a small budget.

Inconvenienti: Technical issues. I have not the best experience with Moz Local, especially with connecting Moz Local to Google My Business. I would love to see more available directories for sync.

Decent Organic Tracking & Tools

Data della recensione: 23/2/2017
Dave D.
MD
Probabilmente no Molto probabilmente

Commenti: Long time (happy) customer. They seem to have nailed the rank tracking and their index is average compared to others like ahrefs. Really shines when it comes to competitor analysis in the organix space. Absolutely essential for organic and content audits. really wish they'd provide more tools though as the organic channel is becoming more and more opaque as Google does too.

Vantaggi: Fantastic rank tracking and competitive analysis reports.

Inconvenienti: Clunky, slow, forced design language and expensive.

Moz Pro Doesn't Stand Up Compared to the Competition.

Data della recensione: 19/5/2019
Katie F.
Digtial Content Developer
Ingegneria meccanica o industriale, 1.001-5.000 dipendenti
Probabilmente no Molto probabilmente

Commenti: MozPro is definitely a good tool to have in your arsenal, but I'd recommend using this one only as a supplement to the more robust tools out there.

Vantaggi: Keyword ranking and search visibility are key factors, and MozPro's focus on these does it justice. The Chrome extension is also nice - so when I'm perusing competitor sites, I can do quick (virtually instantaneous) research on their sites compared to ours. The weekly crawls and updates are also good insights to see how our SEO is performing.

Inconvenienti: It's nice that Moz Pro focuses completely on SEO, but one of its disadvantages is that it doesn't have the full tool suite that its competitors have (like social media analysis and PPC analysis included). In today's world, focusing purely on SEO doesn't cut it anymore - not when everyone else is doing this PLUS other things! The way data is displayed in MozPro is very confusing at the outset - so while the concepts themselves are easy to understand, the data visualization in Moz isn't simple. There's a good learning curve associated with it. Why MozPro displays the same data sets in different ways, I'll never understand! Finally, it is expensive!

Useful set of tools

Data della recensione: 9/7/2015
Utente Verificato
Digital Marketing Manager
Rapporto qualità-prezzo

Commenti: I've used Moz across several roles in the last 4 years and found it to be very useful. My favourite tool from Moz has to be Open Site Explorer, which is great for getting a quick overview of the authority of a website, with data to back this up which mainly comes from backlink profile and social shares. This tools allows me to dig into my backlinks, checking the authority at domain level & page level, along with a spam score which is useful when looking to identify low quality links. it can also be used to compare link metrics with other websites, which is great for discovering new links. I have to say, I've never been a huge fan of using Moz for SEO campaigns, as a lot of the suggestions that were being made to optimise my pages were very basic. However, it looks like they have made a lot of changes since I last used it, providing more of a dashboard approach which is good for getting an overview of a website.

Vantaggi: Access to Mos's suit of tools to help with the main aspects of online marketing
Great for getting a snapshot of website performance
Good for identifying new opportunities for links & Keywords
OSE is a great tool which provides a snapshot of your link profile with many great features
Nice custom reports
Access to a number of discounts or exclusive free trials through Moz's 'Perks'

Inconvenienti: OSE doesn't discover as many links as some of the other SEO tools that I use

Best SEO tool on the market.

Data della recensione: 16/7/2018
Tomasz M.
Senior Web Developer
Probabilmente no Molto probabilmente

Vantaggi: I've used a lot of SEO tools out there and still am, but the guys at MOZ have a big team that focuses on everything that you need to get your SEO up to par and then beyond.
Features a plethora of tools to review your website with weekly rescans to make sure that your website is operating as well as it can.
With help of all the tools I managed to get my domain authority from 31 to 59 in about 3 years. Still ways from a 100, but we wouldn't be where we are if it wasn't for Moz.

Inconvenienti: Over the past 3 years that I've been using it, they've removed some tools that I did use and more tools are soon to be removed once again. In their defense, they do try to provide a substitute but for the steep price that they charge, if they send you an email saying "hey, we just removed this tool from our system, but if you still want it, you can get it for a discounted price of XYZ", no matter what XYZ stands for it feels like it's XYZ too much.

Using MOZ in a world of SEO tools

Data della recensione: 13/12/2018
Nathan S.
Digital Marketing Manager
Probabilmente no Molto probabilmente

Vantaggi: Moz is a great SEO tracking tool for beginners and intermediates, though more advanced SEO experts may want to look elsewhere. The best features of MOZ include: 1) Open Site Explorer - This allows you to monitor and assess backlinks from your site and other competitors to monitor their quality.
2) Keyword Research - one of MOZ's key features is keyword performance and tracking as well as research. This feature works great for keyword tracking.
3) MOZBar - The ability to add a MOZ toolbar to any browser to track metrics on the fly is one of the best features of MOZ. Domain Authority, Page Authority and backlink quality can all be assessed without opening the MOZ website.
4) Site Review - While not the most comprehensive, MOZ's site review gives you key pointers on things that you can do to improve your sites SEO and some good SEO practices. This is helpful if you need to review several sites to see what their SEO score is.

Inconvenienti: My biggest con with MOZ, is that it has fallen behind other SEO tools in terms of crawl depth, SEMRUSH for example crawls more pages than MOZ and it is just a keyword research tool. As a result, as an SEO you may find the metrics you are getting are not as detailed as what you would find on other tools.

Moz is a good tool, but it's not quite 'great' due to a few problems

Data della recensione: 6/12/2019
Billy H.
SEO Manager
Probabilmente no Molto probabilmente

Commenti: While Mozpro is something i'd really like to like as a Seattle native, but it's not something i actually used in practice even with my company provided license. I use their training and webinars but not the tool as Semrush and Ahrefs is superior

Vantaggi: Moz has just about everything you could need to run a SEO business or just do SEO for your own website. With good support articles, help section, and support they know what they're doing and want your site to succeed.

Inconvenienti: Moz, in my own experience compared to other software, consistently gave different results for things like rank and volume. This was terrible when i was using multiple services at once to double check work. The other issue is the design layout is not easy to use nor intuitive.

I've been using Moz for about 5 years, it's been essential in running successful SEO programs.

Data della recensione: 28/5/2018
Logan R.
Digital Marketing Strategist
13-50 dipendenti
Probabilmente no Molto probabilmente

Vantaggi: The best things about Moz are MozBar, the on-page grader, and Open Site Explorer. MozBar is like a swiss army knife for SEO, showing you all the key on-page elements in just one click. The on-page grader is great for page-level analysis. And Open Site Explorer is almost a must if you're doing link building/prospecting.

Inconvenienti: As of lately, Moz hasn't been too great at keeping up with the industry. SEO changes at a crazy pace, Moz could do a better job of updating and improving tools accordingly.

Great Inbound Marketing Software

Data della recensione: 9/10/2019
Heiko T.
Head of Marketing
Software informatici, 13-50 dipendenti
Probabilmente no Molto probabilmente

Commenti: I am pretty satisfied with it. They also offer great marketing content on their blog. When I contacted the support they replied always pretty fast and detailed.

Vantaggi: I used a lot of different inbound marketing tools, but I think MOZ is the one with the best value for money. I use it now already over 5 years and they added new powerful features on a regular basis.

Inconvenienti: Their "weekness" (if you want to search for one) is the offpage part. But here they already improved a lot with the updated link explorer last year.

Complete Review of Moz

Data della recensione: 13/11/2017
Roman D.
Seo and Convertion Rate Manager
13-50 dipendenti
Probabilmente no Molto probabilmente

Vantaggi: Moz Pro a comprehensive SEO software suite with several SEO functionalities in one web-based tool. Moz Pro has a visually-pleasing, non-intimidating design different from the more compact interfaces
of other SEO tools (SEMrush*, Ahrefs, Majestic SEO or Raventools).
Two strong points are Open Site Explorer and Keyword Explorer, which address the core issues of SEO well Another important factor of MOZ it the fact it has the strongest community behind of any SEO tool, compared to SEMrush*, Ahrefs, Majestic SEO or Raventools.

Inconvenienti: Their database/crawler/metrics are just available for US, so is useless for sites and SEO outside the US

Great, robust SEO tool that can be used by anyone.

Data della recensione: 28/12/2017
Mackenzie C.
Rapporto qualità-prezzo

Vantaggi: The variety and usefulness of tools, including position monitoring tool, keyword research tool, site crawler tool, etc., makes Moz Pro appealing to any SEO. The page optimization suggestions are often quite useful and there are extra tools like the browser toolbar extension that are a great bonus. Interface is fairly easy to navigate.

Inconvenienti: Could be a little overwhelming for people new to SEO/small business employees because of the number of tools and details and the interface is sometimes tricky.

Solid agency-based SEO tool

Data della recensione: 4/9/2019
Patrick M.
Director, Marketing Technology
Ha utilizzato il software per: 6-12 mesi
Probabilmente no Molto probabilmente

Commenti: We have the best results using Moz for small "needy" clients that benefit from the slew of automated reports to keep them in the know. It is also, to the best of my knowledge, one of the earliest mainstream SEO tools, so the platform in general is very well tested, tweaked, and stable.

Vantaggi: Moz has been around for a very long time, and the thing that sets it aside against other SEO tools is the depth and stability of agency-based features and functionality. It has very good automated reports that make it very easy to keep your clients abreast, along with a variety of crawl schedules you can setup that will send alerts for things like 404 errors in broken links to other pages. I particularly love this for websites with an emphasis on blogging that might link to outside websites that can change or remove pages without you knowing.

Inconvenienti: It lacks all sense of anything regarding lead gen goals or reporting, which many competing tools do offer. I also find it to be less "deep" than several other key SEO tools in its ability to compare things like page rank and targeted keywords due to having a smaller database. It's much more focused on on-site SEO health as opposed to the "big picture."

Powerful... if you learn it

Data della recensione: 7/6/2017
Beth B.
SEO Consultant
Probabilmente no Molto probabilmente

Vantaggi: This is a powerful SEO tool that, if you use it right, can provide great value for you if you're an SEO consultant, inhouse SEO consultant, web designer, or business owner. But you're going to need to put in time and effort to learn the tool and how to best use it.

Inconvenienti: Their index for discovering inbound links isn't as extensive as one or two other link-specific tools, so if you're working hard to track or create new inbound links you probably need to add one of those services to your toolbox.