Da 15 anni aiutiamo le aziende italiane
a scegliere i migliori software

Informazioni su Deltek Costpoint

Soluzioni di contabilità dei progetti, gestione del lavoro, produzione e business intelligence leader del settore.

Ulteriori informazioni su Deltek Costpoint

Aspetti positivi:

Customer support and responsiveness, ease of use.

Aspetti negativi:

It take a lot of time to correct certain errors that you may make.

Valutazioni di Deltek Costpoint

3,9
Rapporto qualità-prezzo
3,7

Lo consiglieresti?

Deltek Costpoint ha una valutazione complessiva di 4,0 stelle su 5, calcolata sulla base di 205 recensioni degli utenti di Capterra.

Hai già usato Deltek Costpoint?

Condividi la tua esperienza con altri acquirenti.

Filtra le recensioni (205)

Settore militare, 5.001-10.000 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Easy-to-use program for tracking hours worked.

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: I used this program daily to track my hours worked for each pay period. It was pretty easy to use and did not take much time out of my day.

Aspetti positivi:

This program was very simple to use to track your hours worked. It was efficient, easy, and did not take much time to learn or to use it daily.

Aspetti negativi:

I cannot think of anything specific that I disliked about this program.

Phil
SQL DBA \ ERP Administrator (USA)
Settore petrolifero ed energetico, 1.001-5.000 dipendenti

Deltek Costpoint 8.1

4,0 7 mesi fa

Commenti: Deltek Costpoint is our corporate Enterprise Resource Planning system, as well as our primary Business Intelligence tool for Accounting, Financial, and Project Status reporting. There are also flexible options for implementing security, both at the user level as well as the user group level.

Aspetti positivi:

Extensive number of fields available for entering data, highly normalized database structure, Project-based accounting, ability to customize product using built-in Extensibility. Costpoint can be integrated with other products by using the built-in Web Services tool, as well as a number of data pre-processors.

Aspetti negativi:

Some aspects of product are not intuitive. Some processes can take considerable time to complete. Recent version upgrades have been buggy, sometimes containing new bugs that were not present in previous versions. It can take considerable time for bug fixes to be released.

james
purchaser (USA)
Aeronautica e industria aerospaziale, 501-1.000 dipendenti

COSTPOINT IS LAZY AND STUPID

1,0 5 anni fa

Commenti: There is not a day that goes by that I am not pissed off at this software. It's 10:00 A.M and I have stopped working to come here and post about how awful cospoint is. Example: While creating a Purchase order costpoint tells me there are 10 PR's total for the PO. I continue to the PO and start pluggin in the information and realize there are only 9. What hapenened? Did I do something wrong? So I go back to create the PO and run it again and it says that 1 is processed. No problem right? sure, but this kind of thing happens all the time. Why would software only do part of a task? why does it get lazy and decide it doesn't want to do it. This happens all the time and it isn't always so simple. This can cause huge problems on a larger PO. Another example I am going through right now is when costpoint is assigning PO's it will do it with multiple people so someone cannot use it. They won't know until later when they open the PO that it was assigned to someone else and have to back out everything they did and start over. I have to back out 30 PR's right now but wanted to say how absolutely awful this software is. If you are working you need to save after each thing you do or every couple things. yyou can't just work through something and hit save at the end because you will confuse cospoint and it will generate an error. then you have to refresh the screen thus losing all data input and start over again. you have to realize that cospoint is lazy and stupid and you have to work with it slowly to avoid doing things twice. This is the worst software I have worked with for inventory and everyone I work with will agree across all departments. It is like an ongoing joke. I left working for my current employer and then returned a few years later and when I returned I realized I had forgotten what a piece of crap costpoint was and should have held out for more pay due to having to deal with it again. It will put you in a situation where you will look like you made a mistake countless times. It will create more work for you over and over again.

Aspetti positivi:

There really isn't much that I like about costpoint except that it is an online database that can be accessed from the internet instead of being hosted on a server at the company. however this also limits it as well so I remain neutral on anything positive. Over several years of working with it my hatred of the software has grown to the point of me not seeing any thing really that good about it. It completes tasks sometimes.... which is unacceptable. it should complete them all the time.

Aspetti negativi:

You cannot work fast and have to save often because the program will get confused if you do too much at one time. It creates extra workload due to the time it takes to undo the problems that it created. program seems to be lazy and does tasks intermittently. When you click the save button it is like a gamble as to whether or not it will carry out the task. it will assign key tracking numbers to multiple people at the same time without the users knowing and they will have to back out all their data.

Jamie
Director of Business Systems (USA)
Servizi e tecnologie dell'informazione, 51-200 dipendenti
Ha utilizzato il software per: 6-12 mesi

Alternative considerate:

Cumbersome

4,0 anno scorso

Commenti: Overall, I wish the system retained it's functionality with an easier to use interface. The reporting in the Costpoint system should be more customizable without having to be a report writer and be forced to use the business intelligence module to build reports from the ground up.

Aspetti positivi:

The system can do almost anything you want it to in terms of setup. There are more options and specifications than any one company could ever need or want.

Aspetti negativi:

Because the system is so customizable from an admin side, it becomes very cumbersome. A single update needs to be made in multiple screens in order for it to show up everywhere and be accessible to everyone. The User Interface is complicated for everyday users and troubleshooting issues is difficult and time consuming because of all the areas where there could be an issue.

Juliana
Director of Finance (USA)
Aeronautica e industria aerospaziale, 51-200 dipendenti
Ha utilizzato il software per: 1-5 mesi

Costpoint

4,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: This was a lot more time consuming to implement. Other softwares we surveyed before going with CP had a tool that would export our data from quick books into their system. Not sure why CP doesn’t have this feature.

Aspetti positivi:

The reporting feature. We really liked the cognos relationship, and the ability to export directly to excel as well as upload from excel.

Aspetti negativi:

The revenue to income statement. I have never worked with an accounting system where once I created and posted an invoice, the total revenue for that product on the income statement is different then what was billed. I do not understand why I have to tell my system to recognize or “pick up” my revenue. It’s redundant and causes a lot of headaches.

Tina
Tina
Manufacturing Engineer (USA)
Difesa e industria spaziale, 10.000+ dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Easy-to-use but doesn't work for every situation

4,0 5 anni fa

Aspetti positivi:

I use costpoint daily at my job and the software is very easy to navigate. I have no issues searching for BOMs (Bill of Materials) and costpoint interacts relatively seamlessly with the systems that we use for engineering drawings and shop floor instructions.

Aspetti negativi:

A lot of the materials in the BOMs seem to be controlled by effectivity dates. This may work well for companies that have interchangeable parts with planned obsolescence dates, but the industry I work in has variable production schedules where it'd be preferable to control materials by engineering drawing effectivity.

Difesa e industria spaziale, 51-200 dipendenti

Simple software everyone understands

5,0 6 anni fa

Commenti: Deltek helps us take care of our timesheets in short order, with very helpful search and report functions to boot.

Aspetti positivi:

I always like how easy it is to use. I create favorites so I don't even have to search for the right codes - they're just right there. And the web pages load very quickly on our awful work computers!

Aspetti negativi:

Depending on how your company set it up, it can be confusing to find your codes initially... but all they have to do is give them to you and then it's super easy.

Philip
Philip
Travel Reporting & System Administrator (USA)
Difesa e industria spaziale, 10.000+ dipendenti

Deltek Costpoint

4,0 anno scorso

Commenti: It gets the job done for my role within the company. It is good for timekeeping tracking as well to split across projects.

Aspetti positivi:

It can be used with third party systems to manage expenses and payments.

Aspetti negativi:

It does not produce the best reporting of amounts when there are negative entries.

Stuart
Stuart
IT Solutions Architect (Kuwait)
Amministrazione pubblica, 10.000+ dipendenti

Costpoint Hard to use

Aspetti positivi:

The best thing of CostPoint was that it was good to generate reports really quickly

Aspetti negativi:

A lot of features could easily be improved on the UI/UX side of the house. There is a massive learning curve and the system just is clunky and very hard to use.

, 1.001-5.000 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Use daily reports work well

Commenti: Just in time reporting

Aspetti positivi:

It combines accounting and contracts. Easy to use and run reports and pull data from system. Love the real-time reporting

Aspetti negativi:

The contracts model needs more attention. It could be more robust. It is really not functional out of the box

Will
Director (USA)
Consulenza manageriale, 501-1.000 dipendenti
Ha utilizzato il software per: 1-5 mesi

Wow!

1,0 6 anni fa

Aspetti positivi:

I'm still looking. Give me more time, I'm sure it's there somewhere. My accounting department sold this to the company as an upgrade.

Aspetti negativi:

Ok. My firm used to use the time & expense for timekeeping and concur for expenses; great user experience there. Then we switched to costpoint 60 days ago. It reminds me of a slapped together MS Access database. The interface is awful, just awful. Why didn't Deltek just keep the time/expense user interface? Deltek Time/Expesne had mobile options, I've yet to find that for costpoint (..come back, your going the wrong way!!). As a manager, approving sheets is no picnic either and heaven for bit I want to look at an employee across 2 pay periods (deltek expense you clicked an arrow, costpoint you double or triple your clicks for the same task). And then there's the Expense module in costpoint, oh my. I have no idea what I'm looking at sometimes. You have to download the attachments to view them instead of opening inline for quick reference (clunky). There doesn't seem to be any sort of natural workflow for the expense reports. There's a bunch of links and buttons that I don't need. And why not just have an approval button for managers? All I've ever found is a "perform selected task" button. Not intuitive at all from a company that aims at setting the pace. Or.... maybe my firm botched the rollout?

Harlan
Network Administrator (USA)

7.1.1 Admin disappointed with the constant updates but the end-users like it

4,0 7 anni fa

Aspetti positivi:

Our end-users generally have zero complaints with the software. We use it for everything from purchasing and receiving to HR functions.

Aspetti negativi:

I'm not a fan of the new update model they have rolled out with 7.1.1. It seems there are constant updates and, unlike previous versions where you only installed the updates you needed to fix a particular issue, they now expect ALL updates to be installed. I realize they are trying to get away from the need for major revision upgrades by doing this but the load on the IT department is WAY more than it used to be for day-to-day operations.

William
CFO (USA)
Sicrezza e indagini, 1.001-5.000 dipendenti

Costpoint - A+ for DCAA compliance, a D for all else

3,0 7 anni fa

Commenti: Costpoint sets the standard for project accounting and indirect rate application and reporting. But Costpoint has none of the features that users love in other ERP systems, like drill down reports, modifiable reports, paperless processing, budget setup, easy bank reconciliations, etc. Users of Quickbooks, Dynamics and others will miss these features.

Aspetti positivi:

Project and indirect rate applicaton accounting & reporting

Aspetti negativi:

Much more expensive than comparable solutions. Extremely high lifecycle expense. You will buy this software every year with maintenance. And growing is expensive with employee based fees.

Breanna
HRBP (USA)
Relazioni governative, 201-500 dipendenti

Costpoint

3,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: Overall, it's not bad if you have proper training. But bringing someone new in to use it, is a difficult task and requires a sit down training. I wish it was more user friendly.

Aspetti positivi:

It gets the job done and ensures we are in compliance

Aspetti negativi:

It is not intuitive, so you need all the training you can get to know what simple buttons you need to do, to put out results you want.

Aleksey
UX Lead (Canada)
Software informatici, 51-200 dipendenti
Ha utilizzato il software per: 6-12 mesi

Using Deltek is by far the Worst Part of my Day

1,0 6 anni fa

Commenti: If you miss the 90's, Costpoint is the product for you. Inspired by timeless Windows Vista design this is a "glossy buttons and drop-shadows" galore.
Escape your mundane day-to-day activity, and embark on an adventure trying to log your hours.

Aspetti positivi:

It's nice to talk to someone out of my department once in a while. Since the product is not usable, I get a lot of help from our accounting.

Aspetti negativi:

I can't think of a product more "Frankenstein" than this ... it's a collection of fragmented features. Terrible usability, poor design and implementation including: 1. Tracking hours is overly complex 2. Help is lacking or outdated 3. Interface/workflow design is terrible (full of meaningless popups, lacks instructions, poor labels) 4. Update Password workflow is unnecessarily complex

Jeremy
Director, Financial Systems (USA)
Fonte della recensione

Great product overall for government contractors.

4,0 7 anni fa

Commenti: Efficiencies with back-office processes.

Aspetti positivi:

Heavily integrated. It offers a lot of features suitable for government contractors. Companies that rely heavily on projects and reporting will find the system very suitable for their requirements.

Aspetti negativi:

Very complex. The system requires a lot of hands-on interaction to become proficient. The integration is great, but with it comes a steep learning curve.

Luther
BI analyst III (USA)
Relazioni governative, 5.001-10.000 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Good tool for analytics. Mostly prebuilt reports help

4,0 6 anni fa

Commenti: I am in the bi team and reporting is easy. I was forecasting was as easy as other tools.

Aspetti positivi:

Search from any thing is easy. Reporting is easy. Integrated package helps save money. Subcontractor costs calculation - pools is integrated well.

Aspetti negativi:

Some of the joins in Congo's framework manager do not exist and we had to build again. When. The new release comes to market, we have to add them back.

Barbara
Controller ()
Telecomunicazioni, 11-50 dipendenti

Controller

5,0 7 anni fa

Commenti: Costpoint is a dynamic system with many features that are automated. We use it for not only our accounting system, but also our budgeting and reporting. It is complex and able to do many things, but the right people must be in place to ensure the system works for you and is used to it's fullest. We are only using some of the capabilities of the system, and have only started to unlock all the possibilities of the system 2 years into implementation.

Jim
Director, Federal Reporting and Analytics ()
, 1.001-5.000 dipendenti
Fonte: SoftwareAdvice

Good product, good customer experience

Aspetti positivi:

Good product that continues to evolve. The customer experience is excellent and their annual conference is a great opportunity to learn more about how to better use the product.

Aspetti negativi:

Some things, like expense reporting are lacking. They are making progress, but this is one area that needs improvement.

Christy
GL Acctg Mgr (USA)
Contabilità, 10.000+ dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Worked in Costpoint for 7 yrs.

Commenti: It makes my job easier. Less paper needed

Aspetti positivi:

Its security controls. Its checks and balances. It's user-friendliness. Its fixed asset module.

Aspetti negativi:

the Fact that you can't have more than one user in everything other than reports. The fact that you can't approve and postin the same window.

Thomas
Manger, Systems Engineering ()
Aeronautica e industria aerospaziale, 51-200 dipendenti

too many steps

1,0 7 anni fa

Commenti: If I had anything to say I would demand a refund until it became usable for what it is intended for.

Aspetti negativi:

selecting print to pdf or printer only gives the date user interface is overly complex and the shortcut buttons are deceptive repeated login faults even with valid information entered

Francis
Controller (USA)
Gestione di organizzazioni non profit, 51-200 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Use of Deltek Costpoint in managing our projects and also developing and forecasting for new project

5,0 7 anni fa

Commenti: Have had Costpoint since 1998 and found it to have helped the organization it business mission. Deltek Costpoint project based accounting system has been useful to our submission of the Incurred Cost Proposals to DCAA.

Aspetti positivi:

I like its flexibility in project management

Aspetti negativi:

The software is sometimes complex if you are new to it.

Robert
Controller (USA)
Ha utilizzato il software per: Più di 1 anno
Fonte della recensione

Still figuring out the kinks of the applications, there are still a number of things that need to ou

4,0 6 anni fa

Commenti: A more interconnected truer ERP system, definitely an upgrade over legacy system

Aspetti positivi:

There are good controls if things are set up properly and once you figure out the logic of the different modules and how they interact with each other

Aspetti negativi:

Some of the screens are not intuitive. For example, only after trial and error was I able to determine the proper order of computing and posting Depreciation on the fixed assets module.

Nina
Billing Manager (USA)
Software informatici, 201-500 dipendenti

Screens

3,0 6 anni fa

Aspetti positivi:

As a tool for setting up and keeping track of projects it is ideal. Basically, the system is user friendly.

Aspetti negativi:

There are far too many screens to set up one project. It takes time to navigate between the various screens.

Carmen
Sr Systems Analyst (USA)
Difesa e industria spaziale, 1.001-5.000 dipendenti

Costpoint Review

4,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: Costpoint is our financial system and it works well for us tracking our government contracts.

Aspetti positivi:

How the different modules are integrated .

Aspetti negativi:

The way that hot fixes/patches are released, too cumbersome to apply at times.