Recensioni su Oracle PeopleSoft

Informazioni su Oracle PeopleSoft

Sistema completo per la gestione delle risorse IT disperse. Si integra con i sistemi di help desk CRM IT e finanziari di Oracle.

Ulteriori informazioni su Oracle PeopleSoft

Aspetti positivi:

Have been using peoplesoft at a client site for AR monitoring and assessing credit applications. Very good upward and downward integrations with many give and get exchanges.

Aspetti negativi:

I find PeopleSoft to be somewhat difficult to learn. I don't find it to be intuitive and the interface appears outdated.

Valutazioni di Oracle PeopleSoft

4,0
Rapporto qualità-prezzo
3,7

Lo consiglieresti?

Oracle PeopleSoft ha una valutazione complessiva di 4,0 stelle su 5, calcolata sulla base di 265 recensioni degli utenti di Capterra.

Hai già usato Oracle PeopleSoft?

Condividi la tua esperienza con altri acquirenti.

Filtra le recensioni (265)

Christina
Christina
Research Scientist
Ospedali e sistemi sanitari, 201-500 dipendenti
Ha utilizzato il software per: 6-12 mesi
Fonte della recensione

Functional but slow and clunky

4,0 11 mesi fa
Sottotitoli in italiano disponibili nel lettore video
Bonnie
instructor (USA)
Istruzione superiore, 201-500 dipendenti

4,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: I have used PeopleSoft (PS) since 2005 and in various positions/capacities at two different institutions. I've worked through three major upgrades, two HR/CMS splits, and COUNTLESS bundles and test runs. I've used helped design brand new pages, update/upgrade/improve the information and functionality of existing pages, created security tables, granted users access, entered data, and manipulated/created other data so that others could query that data for their needs. I've trained dozen of faculty and staff how to navigate through PS and how to use PS to access needed data and/or run pre-formatted queries and reports. It is robust database management system and I could not do my job without it!

Aspetti positivi:

I've used PeopleSoft both in what some would call the "vanilla" version, and also a "modified" to fit the specific needs of the organization, and/or department level version. What impresses me is that it is just that - modifiable, and can be programmed (if you have the people and know-how) to program it to do what you need. Being able to query data from many different tables can really save time and effort, which in turn saves manpower hours/money.

Aspetti negativi:

It's a silly wish, but I wish PeopleSoft allowed the users to change the color of their individual display and settings - like the color of the background, or the size and type and color of font. I'm sure there's a way to do it, but it is managed by the SUPER Administrative users and "powers that be".... and it's probably an all or nothing kind of thing. I'm in the program 8 hours a day, and all that WHITE background and tiny font...let me jazz it up and make it my own like MS allows.

Finance Administrator (Canada)
Istruzione superiore, 10.000+ dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Great software to be used in Government

5,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: The software fulfills my daily tasks at work, it's great to have such a great positive experience.

Aspetti positivi:

Many functions combined to make it a great software. We use the following, Supply Chain Management, Revenue Management, Financial Management and Human Capital Management. All these functions work nicely together, being able to transfer information from one platform to another. The system response is fast, although there are many users who are using it and running reports at the same time. Reports are easy to run and can be customized in any of the platforms. The IT people have done a great job to keep the system online and functioning to its best. The best thing is being able to Log in once, and from there, you're able to submit an expense claim, search for a job, submit a vacation request, etc. The software can handle anything.

Aspetti negativi:

New users face a hard time to understand the many functions. There are many links/options that makes it tough to get the information needed without investing the time to understand what every function does. Where too many clicks are needed to get to where you want to be.

Utente Verificato
SR Business Analyst Project Lead (Canada)
Istruzione superiore, 1.001-5.000 dipendenti

ERP on Overdrive

4,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: The software suites are totally integrated, and reporting is a breeze. The user community is large and stretches from most industry. The global country codes make the ERP easier to work with minor config changes.

Aspetti positivi:

I like the Oracle suite of software as all their modules are integrated. If you are working on the LMS you do not have to worry about reentering data back into the system as HCM module has already sync through daily batch processes. Customer support and white pages are helpful in troubleshooting issues and resolving problems from other solutions provided. The software application is easily customizable, but if you opt for the cloud solution this may not be as available as the on-premise.

Aspetti negativi:

The software suites as a whole are expensive, with more competition such as Workday, Ellucian Banner, Microsoft Dynamics the competition is furious. The ERP will require an army of support staff such as Business Analyst, Database Analyst, Report Analyst and System Analyst which is very expensive. However, if you select the cloud versions than you may see additional savings.

hedaia
Planning Manager (Giordania)
Industria edilizia, 10.000+ dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Long-term human resource management systems

5,0 10 mesi fa

Commenti: As a result, you may use this tool to plan your human resources, and it can also help you find a solution to your problem. Always go with the option that is most beneficial to your company's long-term survival.

Aspetti positivi:

In terms of ERP and HRM, PeopleSoft is a top-notch solution. Employee data serve as the basis for this cloud-based application, which is used to manage numerous business requirements. Anyone can use it because it has a simple user interface. By using several IDs, you can search for an employee and get all the records they've kept while working for you in PeopleSoft. To put it succinctly, I admire Oracle systems because they place a high value on the long-term viability of the organization as a whole.

Aspetti negativi:

In spite of the fact that this isn't always a bad thing, you must always stop working while technology specialists provide technical support, which is inconvenient at times. I also think the user interface's simplicity is outdated and needs to be updated, as it frequently bores me.

Felix
Practice Specialist (USA)
Salute, benessere e fitness, 10.000+ dipendenti

Alternative considerate:

Difficult implementation, but very robust

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: It is a fully baked HRIS system that requires extensive buisiness analyst knowledge to implement. But once implemented, hard to switch to a different system.

Aspetti positivi:

Very robust tools and I like the data structure. From a vanilla implementation perspective, it's very clean as an HRIS system. The modules are straightforward and there is a lot of spec documentation available.

Aspetti negativi:

Customization is a beast. A lot of testing involved an depending on the consultants you have, may be a pain to customize from vanilla Peoplesoft.

Jared
Jared
HRIS Manager (USA)
Ospedali e sistemi sanitari, 1.001-5.000 dipendenti

Alternative considerate:

Good Product with Lots of Features But Difficult to Maintain

4,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: A very good tool, that was feature rich and allowed you to build custom business process, but you could you shoot yourself in the foot with the customization, and get stuck doing custom processes.

Aspetti positivi:

I like how customizable the tool is to match whatever business process you have. It has strong reporting capabilities and can handle very complex process.

Aspetti negativi:

With the customization we had to do lots of regression testing when new updates came out. Sometimes this broke our customization and required much more work.

Lee
Program Coord. (USA)
E-learning, 501-1.000 dipendenti

PEOPLESOFT

5,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: I started off using a DOS mainframe system until we upgraded to PeopleSoft. It was almost like comparing apples to oranges, but now I see it is really like comparing mandarin oranges to big, juicy naval oranges!

Aspetti positivi:

I think one of the best features about PeopleSoft is its ability to manage large amounts of data/records. I’ve been using it now for over a decade and it can do so much more now than it could 10 years ago. I also love being able to find data using queries. If you have someone who knows how to write queries in PeopleSoft there isn’t anything you can’t find – if it has a header Field you can find it – it might take a few JOINs to get at the data, but it’s doable!

Aspetti negativi:

One of the things that I like least about PeopleSoft is it isn’t very intuitive sometimes. I know it is a database system and I know that it is a hierarchy database system, but sometimes it just seems like the navigation to get to a particular page or record is less than logical.

Blanca
Blanca
Especialista de RRHH (Venezuela)
Settore automobilistico, 1.001-5.000 dipendenti

People Soft

5,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: My experience has been excellent with Oracle to fulfill the functions related to the tasks I perform daily, in this system I get information that my supervisor asks me, useful information to accomplish tasks assigned by other departments, income movements and expenditures among other assignments .

Aspetti positivi:

The Oracle system is an excellent tool to comply with organizational processes. It is very important to keep the organizational structure in order and to ensure that when making a movement within the structure the changes are made as accurately as possible without affecting the business in any way.

Aspetti negativi:

I do not consider that the Oracle system has disadvantages, it is necessary to have an administrator who knows the regulations so that no changes are made without authorization. It is a system that allows you to do everything related to the entry and exit of personnel as well as all the movements of promotions and transfers.

Jennifer
Administrative Assistant II ()
Opere pubbliche, 501-1.000 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Web-based programming for processing requisitions and purchase orders and HR tracking.

4,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: My company uses this program for requesting and processing purchase orders among other things. We also use the HR features for tracking employees and classes. It's easy to use, if not totally user friendly. There are some areas that it is not completely intuitive, but otherwise it definitely gets the job done. It doesn't run a smooth as it should on some browser versions, but works well enough. The only thing I would love to see incorporated would be the option to use hot keys or even "Alt" keys.

Aspetti positivi:

This program is easy to use. There are search functions that help find what you are looking for. And there is a dashboard area that lets you know right away if there is something that needs your attention.

Aspetti negativi:

The HR part of the software is not very user intuitive. The options to choose can get fairly confusing. The program doesn't work well with all version of my browser. I have learned to deal with the quirks the program on my browser.

Senior Administrator (India)
Servizi e tecnologie dell'informazione, 10.000+ dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Robust, customisable and one of the most reliable ERP product available in the current market

5,0 anno scorso

Commenti: It is very robust ERP tool with lot of potential and stability

Aspetti positivi:

PeopleSoft happens to be in the market since early 1990s and is one of the most used and most reliable ERP product available in the market. With the constant updates from Oracle and impactful Oracle support you are never going to face any grey days with your application. It have very stable customisation options and can be used for wide range of users. HCM, HRMS, Finance are the most reliable modules available with PeopleSoft. Also with the recent versions of PeopleSoft, support for the Cloud is also been introduced with PeopleSoft which makes it more usable and easy to deploy.

Aspetti negativi:

Old technology Old User interface Less availability of experienced resources in the market. No clear end of life date from Oracle Costly updates

Tami
assistant digital merchandiser (USA)
Vendita al dettaglio, 10.000+ dipendenti

Oracle PeopleSoft Review

5,0 7 mesi fa

Commenti: We utilize PeopleSoft mainly for EPM purposes. We use it run & process several different reports. It's a very effective tool from a streamlining perspective!

Aspetti positivi:

As a company that incorporates alot of Oracle applications, it's fantastic how seamless PeopleSoft integrates into the Oracle cloud. It's very easy to transfer data within the compute cloud, and migrate data from testing & dev to the cloud. You can also transfer custom data to the oracle cloud and create various different clusters within your databases. This is vital our our EPM!

Aspetti negativi:

At first the interface wasn't my favourite at first, but simply from a design perspective It's functional and very intuitive though.

Academic Advisor (USA)
Gestione formativa, 10.000+ dipendenti

Oracle PeopleSoft: Leaving More to Be Desired

3,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: We do have to create our own database to store student enrollment data and license information, as PeopleSoft does not allow for this function. I have seen the capabilities of StarFish and as far as reach out or mass communication I do think that Peoplesoft if far behind in this area. My wish list would include more customization features with patch updates, or the ability to have unique users create their own dashboard areas and customize what they see for students, as the general information can mean multiple pages of digging through things to find the one piece of data you may need.

Aspetti positivi:

I think the range of what this software can accomplish in a university setting does encompass a good amount of things. For example, as a current advisor using this software to do things such as student checks and advising notes, but knowing that our HR systems can be supported by this too, is interesting. This software does allow for reporting data to be pulled into excel documents which I appreciate, as there are not too many steps or manipulation that needs to be done. For example, using the query viewer functions we can pull reports to look at profiles or enrollment.

Aspetti negativi:

Student groups and terms can sometimes make it difficult to look at a wide variety of data. One of the harder functions about the query viewer is that when we pull reports, while easy to pull...we have to establish terms that we are looking at, or set up perimeters for student group data to be pulled appropriately. We have had to work quite closely with our OIT team to get this done, and when we do pull reports we are only able to pull one term at a time, and then re-open the query viewer and then pull another report with another term date which can be a pain. The lack of customization in certain areas can be frustrating as well. I do wish the advising areas we use in the system had more room for departments to customize to their standards. But to comply with the university standards we must have one set office that can determine what we do as far as making note areas unique, for example.

Jenny
Brand Director (USA)
Internet, 11-50 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

I used PeopleSoft for nearly 4 years at my last job at an advertising agency.

3,0 5 anni fa

Aspetti positivi:

I like that there's such a wide breadth of what can be accomplished within PeopleSoft time sheets, expense reports, financial reports, PTO portals, opening job numbers for projects and much, much more. I like that our company used it as a main medium for so many different things. It's much easier when things are centralized in one platform. Once you know how to use PeopleSoft, it can be one of your best friends. It can be a guiding tool to help better so many departments of a company. It helped me understand the ins and outs and track financials of projects much more vividly than I'd be able to otherwise. My most productive and proactive days at my old job included getting the most out of PeopleSoft and checking in on all of my various jobs (financials, open / close statuses, new jobs, etc.).

Aspetti negativi:

PeopleSoft is not user friendly until it's knocked into your head. I was given a manual when I started working at my old company and I had to reference this manual for literally years until it became second nature. There are too many steps and too many clicks to get to the finish line in nearly any task on PeopleSoft. And you have to know what buttons to press to yield a certain result. There are no guides to help you along the way. If you don't have a manual from someone at your job in your SPECIFIC position, you will undoubtedly be lost for a long time. The buttons to press are jibberish, honestly. Often times the buttons you need to press to get to the next page during a process of a task are just random numbers or random letters. I got so used to the program so I knew exactly what to press and when to press it but it took a very long time to get to that point. Even when I did, though, I found the program tedious and overly time consuming.

Office Assistant (USA)
Servizi finanziari, 5.001-10.000 dipendenti
Ha utilizzato il software per: Più di 1 anno

Aspetti positivi:

There is a lot that can be done with this software. My current job requires us to use this software as well as the university where I am currently a student. Part of my job is to generate expense reports or fund equity reports as well as create and update vouchers through this software and so far it has been productive.

Aspetti negativi:

When I generate reports, it takes about 3 minutes per report. I usually have to generate reports for multiple departments so in order to save time, I like to initiate the process for all of them so that I can multitask and save time. Unfortunately when I do that, the system gets confused and doesn't register when I pick a different department and ends up generating 2 of the same report. I think that is something that they can optimize better.

Specialist (India)
Settore marittimo
Fonte della recensione

Easy Data exrraction, Customised query handling, Transaction drill down options, Data Integrity

4,0 5 anni fa

Commenti: Client Satisfaction. Since am from FPA industry, any kind of questions regarding the upward or downward movements of revenue , expenses etc could be answered easily using the data we can download from this application. Variety of domains can be handled, for eg:- i have used the same app in IT as well as in Finance. So its a dynamic one. Easy adaptability

Aspetti positivi:

Any journal transaction can be easily queried for details using multiple key fields. Data handling is very easy, also there is option for custom made query according to our requirements

Aspetti negativi:

Huge data download takes sometime and it can be fully downloaded only through email options. Limitation of transaction lines in direct download

Shana
Office Coordinator (USA)
Ha utilizzato il software per: Più di 1 anno

Oracle PeopleSoft Complicated but Functional

5,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: Overall it was challenging first but once you get the hang of it the Software has so many uses and makes my job a little easier that I don’t have to use so many different platforms to access my information as well as the students

Aspetti positivi:

I use Oracle PeopleSoft is a multifaceted Software and has so many different capabilities and options that keep everything on our campus streamlined from payroll, personal data like direct deposit performance evaluations, queries, student worker data and many more options

Aspetti negativi:

Since there are so many options and capabilities Oracle PeopleSoft is intimidating at first glance/use. It took some time to get used to navigating between the different screens, learning shortcuts, which buttons to use and when. Still learning all that this Software has to offer

Breanne
Project Manager (USA)
Industria edilizia, 11-50 dipendenti

PO Processing

4,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: Overall the program is amazing and invoice tracking, tracking of GLs and budgets. It helps to consolidate reports to get an overall picture of where you budget is at for various properties. This is a great software for commercial property management.

Aspetti positivi:

This program is great for processing of POs. It helps to connect both the original PO to the invoice and then offsets once payment is completed. It has amazing reports that can be run project specific so you always know if you job is on budget.

Aspetti negativi:

This program can be quite cumber-sum and hard to teach to new employees. It is not very intuitive and requires lots of training.

Colette
Fin Aid Assistant (USA)
Fonte della recensione

PeopleSoft the way of the People

4,0 7 mesi fa

Commenti: I am a user since 2014 , the software is an integral part of my day to day work functions. PeopleSoft has streamlined our institutions daily functions. I.E. Student Accounts, Satisfactory Academic Process, Access to Unit Loads, all the essential data that an institution needs to better serve it's students. Students also have access to their data at a click of a mouse.

Aspetti positivi:

Accessibility , user friendly, collaborative , our students information access, and ability to review and resolve issues.

Aspetti negativi:

Some students find it difficult to use , It would be better if tutorials were better presented and distributed to student users

Senior Accountant (USA)
Servizi bancari, 10.000+ dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Very flexible system, easy to use

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: Once you know the system well, it is very easy to build the report or journal entries for pretty much any requirements. The system is very flexible and it is really useful when you are trying to find a particular number or transaction in large company

Aspetti positivi:

Easy to learn, easy to navigate system. Once you are comfortable with one version of People Soft, you can easily adopt to upgrades. It is almost impossible to post out of balance journal ( system protects itself). Account mapping is not complicated, but does require knowledge of People Soft and accounting itself ( like ability to do T accounts). I worked on People Soft in the very large and medium one, People Soft worked well in both companies

Aspetti negativi:

Some variety of People Soft do not allow to run across different business units and this is quite painful for accounting group during month end close. Crystal reports could be very tricky and have a tendency to slow down at the inopportune moments.

NADEEM
BA (Canada)

PeopleSoft - Time and Labor 9.2

4,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: Like many suites of PeopleSoft, the integrations of self-service, reporting and rule-based time codes are well built.

Aspetti positivi:

My overall experience with PeopleSoft 9.2 Time and Labor was positive. The Oracle documentation was well detailed and configuration was easy to follow and test. Preparation of user-end training was going smoothly using other Oracle learn and try products.

Aspetti negativi:

Like any large ERP, the implementation cycles were difficult. The team required to complete various task have to be pros, otherwise, you will run into issues in every cycle of the product.

Erica
Erica
Advising and Admissions Coordinator (USA)
Istruzione superiore, 501-1.000 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

PeopleSoft is the system I use daily to fulfill my daily tasks in higher education

4,0 5 anni fa

Commenti: Fulfilling my daily tasks in my position of higher education more easily than with other systems, This software is most important to my job.

Aspetti positivi:

The versatility of the system and ease of use makes my daily tasks in higher education quicker. I use this system everyday to help my students navigate their educational goals. I use it to run reports, admit students, track students, and advise students.

Aspetti negativi:

The system can be cumbersome in some aspects of it's use in terms of areas speaking to one another, but over all there are not many cons to list.

Nancy
Risk Management Specialist (USA)
Servizi finanziari, 501-1.000 dipendenti

PeopleSoft General Ledger

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: PeopleSoft is an efficient, effective general ledger tool, both for daily users and those who just need to periodically look up accounting transactions. It also offers reasonable solutions for automated internal controls over financial reporting.

Aspetti positivi:

I initially was involved in the selection and customization of the PeopleSoft General Ledge for my organization, as a member of the Finance & Accounting team. PeopleSoft offers easy to learn processes for inputting journal entries and running queries and reports. In addition, now that I've moved on to another department - risk management - I can refer to PeopleSoft to understand how various transactions related to insurance claims were accounted for. In addition, I have been pleased with the system capabilities as it relates to internal controls over financial reporting. We set up the system such that journal entries cannot be posted without secondary review and approval.

Aspetti negativi:

PeopleSoft does require quite a bit of customization to really make it work for an individual organization. I never felt that we were able to get our custom reporting to its full potential, as we just didn't have enough time to focus on it.

June
June
Talent Director (USA)
Risorse umane, 201-500 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Good software with lots of reporting functions.

5,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: Robust software with great reporting and streamlined processes.

Aspetti positivi:

Integrated with online applications well, great reporting options and easy export to Excel. Process is streamlined and easy to enter notes, add orders, customers, etc.

Aspetti negativi:

Reporting is great but seems to be hard for many people to grasp as there are so many options to choose from when running a report. Does let you save reports but if you need to tweak, most people need a Subject Matter Expert to help them.

ashley
ashley
customer service anaylst (USA)
Assicurazioni, 1.001-5.000 dipendenti

5,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: I use people soft at least 2/3 times a day to pull up my personal information and review recent changes without having to call my employer

Aspetti positivi:

Makes making Human resource changes such as address/phone very easy. I am able to find most of of the things I am looking too. This includes changing my tax exemptions, updating beneficiaries, looking at my time I have avail. ETC

Aspetti negativi:

I have no issues at all with people soft everything is easily able to pull up and it always at hand.

AnnaLisa
AnnaLisa
Actress (USA)
Contabilità, 10.000+ dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Difficult to learn at first but full of info

Aspetti positivi:

This program has so much information in it once you learn it. After 4 years of using it, i am still amazed when i learn more. It's a love hate thing lol. It helps me to save favorites, then i don't have to remember so many paths.

Aspetti negativi:

That there are so many paths to remember. And since the most recent update or so, it no longer shows the bread crumbs on top. So when i am training others, it's not possible to follow them (breadcrumbs).