Valutazioni medie

4,6 /5
  • Servizio clienti
    4,5 /5

Informazioni su Hotjar

Strumenti di feedback e analisi creati per migliorare l'esperienza dei visitatori del tuo sito web. Fornisce mappe termiche, sondaggi di feedback, interviste e altro ancora.

Ulteriori informazioni su Hotjar

Stai visualizzando 352 recensioni

Akande D.
Marketing Communications Specialist
Beni di consumo, 1.001-5.000 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 22/8/2019

"HotJar is an awesome tool for studying websites and optimizing!"

Commenti: Overall HotJar is a great platform and I am one of their biggest advocates. I would recommend HotJar to anyone looking to enhance their understanding of on-site traffic and conversion.

Vantaggi: At each company that I have worked for, I always bring up HotJar as a solution they should implement as soon as possible. It is so easy to use and allows for such a comprehensive view of the customer experience that it's a loss to NOT use it! I love that it can capture click data, scroll depth, and even user interactions on the website. There is so much valuable information to be pulled from the data!

Inconvenienti: There are two things that I'm a little bummed out about with HotJar. One issue is that they recently removed cross-domain tracking. This was a great benefit and we used it often, so not having it is tough. They also have a limit on the height of the pages that can be captured, 1500px. Our pages are slightly larger so we lose some detail on the report that we would have otherwise had.

da Hotjar il giorno 27/8/2019

Hey Akande,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Hotjar! It's great to read that you're getting a lot of value from the tool :)

It's indeed the case that we removed cross-domain tracking in light of our continued commitment to privacy-by-design. I'm sorry to hear that working with the tool is a bit tough without this - we'd like to help if we can! Do reach out to us at [email protected] if you've got questions.

Following up your note on the height of captured pages for Heatmaps - we do have a 15000px limit, but if it's a pain point I'd definitely suggest using the Suggest a Feature function in-app to let us know what you need :)

All best,
Alex

• Data della recensione: 22/8/2019
Trevor A.
Product Owner, CRO Services
  • Data della recensione: 16/12/2019

"Must have for qualitative research"

Commenti: Hotjar does exactly what I need: gives context to the issues I see in GA, and allows me to get into the mind of the user with greater depth.

Vantaggi: Heatmapping offers a whole new dimension of user behavior analysis, and Hotjar brings that to the masses. Installation is easy, setting up heatmaps is a snap, and results analysis is an easy task with the Hotjar interface. This has saved more of my precious time for true analysis, rather than setup and configuration

Inconvenienti: On the smaller Hotjar plans, the cap at creating 3 heatmaps at a time feels restrictive. Often, I'd prefer setting up more heatmaps and using fewer of the other features available (surveys and polls). If there were plans I could recommend that only contained the right services for my clients (ex: heatmaps only for small clients, fullstack for larger ones), I would 100% do it.
Crazy egg also has a sweet Chrome plugin which is not close to being replicated by Hotjar.

da Hotjar il giorno 17/12/2019

Hey Trevor, thanks for the review!

Super to hear you're getting a lot of value from Hotjar.
You can get unlimited heatmaps on our plus and business plans.
You can find more information here

Thanks again,
Denis from the Hotjar team

• Data della recensione: 16/12/2019
Amit N.
Growth Manager
Internet, 501-1.000 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 25/9/2020

"User friendly and affordable"

Commenti: I've been using it for years now, I love it, it's affordable and very easy to implement on multiple websites as well.

Vantaggi: That it's simple and easy to use, implementation literally takes a minute. The great thing is that you have so many tools in one place, heatmaps, recordings, surveys and more.

Inconvenienti: Sometimes when you generate a heatmap of a long page, the screenshot preview gets cut in the middle and you can't really see data of the lower parts.

Ioana G.
User Researcher
Tempo libero, viaggi e turismo, 201-500 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 14/8/2019

"Great little tool for starting your UX research"

Commenti: I would be surprised if there was a CRO or UX team that hasn't heard of Hotjar. It's a great little tool, especially given the price, but it doesn't allow enough flexibility to be your main on-site research tool. It's really good for starting out and doing some basic research. Sweet and simple! I guess marketers could benefit the most from this!

Vantaggi: Price. Simplicity of implementation. Good customer service. The scrollmaps and polls are my favourite, and only features I use.

Inconvenienti: Potentially slows down the site. Loads the entire js even when only running a poll, so puts unnecessary load on the page speed. Forms have nearly never worked on any of the websites I have used it on. Funnel I don't really use - I don't see the point really. Free GA will still be far better and more useful at that. Polls have very simplistic targeting methods. Adding one or two new targeting triggers would be awesome...but they haven't released any new features in ages. Heatmaps are still very simple with no ability of segmenting the data. I can't complain for the really accessible prices they have been able to maintain though!

da Hotjar il giorno 27/8/2019

Hey Ioana!

Thanks so much for leaving this review and sharing your thoughts on Hotjar.

Following up your feedback - we're always focused on minimizing any increased page load time with the Hotjar script on your site. Have you checked out this resource? https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/articles/115009335727-Will-Hotjar-Slow-Down-My-Site- If you're having trouble please reach out at [email protected] and we can take a look with you.

There's new targeting and filtering functionality on the product roadmap :) https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012303268-Product-Roadmap Stay tuned for that!

All best,
Alex

• Data della recensione: 14/8/2019
Saalim T.
  • Data della recensione: 20/8/2020

"I Like HotJar to Track my User"

Commenti: Overall my rating to Hotjar is 9 out of 10.Really its very helpful tool.

Vantaggi: Hotjar is hottest tool, that help me to see what my user are doing with my website. It is very easy to integrate using google manager or directly paste the code. One of the best thing in HotJar is Heatmaps it shows me which part of my website are working well.

Inconvenienti: Yes, Due to GDRP guidelines to do not shows data of text fields, also Its form tracking system is not working with Angular-Js website.

• Data della recensione: 20/8/2020
Marketing e pubblicità, 2-10 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 23/4/2020

"Great Heat-mapping Software"

Commenti: Hotjar has shown us critical user flow errors in the websites we manage, and has provided the information necessary to make calculated adjustments to our UI, resulting in a decrease in bounce rate and an increase in conversions and revenue. We definitely have ROI with our Hotjar spend.

Vantaggi: Hotjar is very easy to setup. Simply signup, install the JS snippet, configure your recordings and you're off & running. The heatmaping tool is good, and the ability to record user sessions is nice when auditing user flow and customer activity on a website. We have derived some very insightful optimizations from Hotjar, which have ultimately impacted our bottom line & generated more revenue for our company.

Inconvenienti: The heatmapping visual report uses a generic resolution to capture the website image. The heatmap overlays are good, but we often need to re-capture a website snapshot, or reach out to support to get the map to match the click heatmaps. It is a minor annoyance, but overall the tool is very good at heatmapping and providing user flow and web traffic insights.

da Hotjar il giorno 27/4/2020

Hi,

Thank for taking the time to review Hotjar.

It's good to hear that you found Hotjar helpful in optimizing your websites.

If you want to reach out to me at [email protected], I'd like to send you a small thank you for your review.

Sharon from Hotjar

• Data della recensione: 23/4/2020
David R.
Conversion Consultant
Marketing e pubblicità, Lavoratore autonomo
  • Data della recensione: 3/9/2019

"The ultimate voice of visitor tool - no need for anything else"

Commenti: Hotjar shortcuts hours of quant research by letting you SEE what's happening on your web pages, and HEAR a users thoughts. Priceless if you're in the business of designing web pages that serve your users better.

Vantaggi: It's a one-stop shop. No need for expensive subscriptions to multiple tools. Everything you need to understand your visitors is at your fingertips. The only condition for success is that you actually use it!

Inconvenienti: Very difficult to think of a disadvantage. It's cheap. Fully featured. Customer support is great. Perhaps the fact that you can't run a/b tests too. But there's plenty of other great tools for that.

da Hotjar il giorno 14/10/2019

Hey David,

Thanks so much for reviewing Hotjar! We really appreciate it and it's great to hear you that you consider the tool essential in understanding your visitors.

Best,
Kayleigh

• Data della recensione: 3/9/2019
Karen H.
WordPress Consultant & Developer
Design, Lavoratore autonomo
  • Data della recensione: 25/9/2020

"Helps you improve website conversions"

Commenti: My experience has been great I have been able to identify opportunities and create solutions that work best for my business. Plus it helps me see what areas of my website are important to users. So they can get the most helpful information they need.

Vantaggi: Hotjar is great software to help you maximize results for your website. You can set up heatmaps to see what the high performing areas of your website are. Ask users questions as they cruise your website, plus more!

Inconvenienti: So far I have no cons its a pretty straightforward program and the free options work great for any user.

Miquel T.
Musica, 2-10 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 25/7/2020

"Excellent software to understand user behaviour"

Commenti: The experience has been great.

Vantaggi: Hotjar has an amazing feature which allows to record user behavior. It is extremely useful to understand how users are interacting with your product.

Inconvenienti: It is limited to website, if they created the same for apps, it would be awesome.

Hi Miquel,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review.

It's great to hear that you've had a good experience using Hotjar and it has helped you to understand your users. And I will pass your feedback regarding compatibility with mobile apps on to our product team.

I'd like to send you a small thank-you for your review. If you get in touch with me, [email protected], I'll share the details.

Mike from hotjar

• Data della recensione: 25/7/2020
Cofounder
Beni di consumo, 51-200 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 30/9/2020

"Simply the best"

Commenti: Good, great! Simple, intuitive, result oriented and reliable!

Vantaggi: Yes, they are simply the best. Simple but the best. Nothing fancy but it works! Their design somehow looks simple, but many visitor fill the form

Inconvenienti: Nothing I can say, maybe one... they are costly when upgrade to the more premium plan. Hope they have low budget plan

• Data della recensione: 30/9/2020
Ciprian P.
  • Fonte: GetApp
  • Data della recensione: 4/1/2020

"An awesome user research and feedback tool"

Vantaggi: An awesome user research and feedback tool with the most used features readily available. A clean look and a professional UX makes it my favourite tool. The free plan also has enough views/actions/events, allowing it for a good round of testing before going fully paid.

Inconvenienti: I'd like more popup options, something similar to GetSiteControl.

da Hotjar il giorno 14/1/2020

Hi Ciprian,

Thanks for taking the time to review Hotjar. It's great to hear that you're getting a lot of value out of it.

If you would like to give us more detail about what pop-up options you'd like to see, you can do so under 'Suggest a Feature' from within your Hotjar account and our product team will pick it up.

Also, if you reach out to me directly [[email protected]], I'd like to send you a little something as a thank you for taking the time to review us.

• Fonte: GetApp
  • Data della recensione: 4/1/2020
Ratish K.
Digital Marketing Analyst
  • Data della recensione: 5/12/2018

"Hotjar Really Helped Us Leverage Our Business!"

Commenti: My overall experience has been good so far. Initially, we were worried about the user insights and heatmaps to test the pages/CTA'S for better campaigning of our products. But, as soon as we started utilizing the set of tools from Hotjar we are so happy that we are able to find a quick solution for problem that helps our business grow and provide our customers with a GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Vantaggi: Have been using Hotjar for more than a couple of years and is the opinion on the tool
1. Hotjar has a very simple and easily accessible dashboard that has Heatmaps, Visitor recordings, Funnels created, Active polls, Surveys, and Recruiters.
2. Heatmaps have really helped us understand the landing pages and test various parameters for many of our marketing/advertising campaigns.
3. Visitor recordings and monitoring are soo good that helped us understand and rectify the issues that users come across. This has really helped our engineering/technical team in identifying the bug and fixing it ASAP thus resolving our customer issues quickly.
4. Had some experience on using the funnels as well which gave us some ideas on how to better modify the landing pages and we were able to understand the content.
5. The polls part has also added value to our business by letting us know on what the visitors are missing on our website.
6. The pricing of this tool is reasonable that students, enthusiasts and start-up companies can easily afford it. We have started with Basic Free Forever plan and later upgraded to Plus plan once our website started getting some good amount of traffic.
7. Multiple filter feature saves our time in analyzing the important pages and metrics.
8. Being a member of the customer success team for a couple of SAAS products I analyzed and learned some good metrics that helped our business grow.
9. Hotjar can be used by any team member like Digital Marketers, Support Agent

Inconvenienti: Although I do not have any cons in my mind regarding this tool I would just like to suggest the Hotjar team to give us quick response for any queries/ issues by providing instant live chat option.

• Data della recensione: 5/12/2018
Eliel B.
Conversion Rate Optimization
Marketing e pubblicità, 2-10 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 7/7/2020

"Almost a Must"

Commenti: Almost perfect, found some bugs while using it, but always had a good response from the customer team.

Vantaggi: Hotjar is a tool that almost every optimizer or ux designer should use, no doubts. Is easy to use, cheap, and besides the famous heatmaps it has a lot of other functions like polls or user recordings.
Also, the sharing function is great as you can share results with members of your organization that dont have an account.

Inconvenienti: Lacks some integrations with other tools. For example with Google Analytics, a very useful function would be showing the Events on the heatmap.

Hi Eliel,

Thanks for taking the time to review Hotjar.

It's great to hear that you have had such a positive experience using Hotjar and dealing with our team.

A Google Analytics integration is something we're working on but it will take some time before it's available. In the meantime, we have recently launched a Google Optimize integration that you might want to check out: https://www.hotjar.com/updates/en/hotjar-x-google-optimize-compare-user-behavior-in-your-experiment-variants-

I'd like to send you a small thank-you for your review. If you get in touch at [email protected], I'll let you know the details.

Thanks,

• Data della recensione: 7/7/2020
Ian B.
Director of Marketing
Marketing e pubblicità, 11-50 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 11/12/2019

"There's really now substitute for sticky UX problems."

Commenti: When you absolutely, positively need to know exactly what your users are doing, there really is no substitute for Hotjar. Is it a bit invasive? Sure! But literally watching users' every move has been where the market was headed for a long time. We have saved easily tens of thousands of dollars in developer/PM/design time by watching our users, and we've rolled those savings back into product improvements directly driven by data from Hotjar. Does that cross an ethical line? Maybe... but if you gotta have it, then you gotta have it *shrug emoji*.

Vantaggi: Clearly the best software for watching your every user's every move. They could probably have stopped there. However, the tagging, filtering and playback functionality is an incredible upgrade to the tool. User journey videos are raw unstructured data, incredibly valuable but somewhat hard to leverage at scale within an institutional decision-making paradigm. The simple tools to add context and structured data by tagging and annotating recordings makes the core functionality much more valuable.

Inconvenienti: Everything about Hotjar is exactly how you would hope it would be. If you are considering it now, you should probably have already gotten out your wallet and bought it. You know what it does. It does it extremely well. The only thing I don't love about it is it feels kind of unethical. But hey, I get paid to do my job... and what is money if not a tool to get people to take actions they might not otherwise have taken (for example, recording the every move of every visitor to a website).

da Hotjar il giorno 17/12/2019

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your review! We're pleased to hear that you are finding great value in Hotjar.

From its very first day, Hotjar was designed with privacy of the end user in mind. If you want to find out more on Hotjar's approach to privacy please read this blogpost.

b/r

Denis

• Data della recensione: 11/12/2019
Brent J.
Head Of Product Management
  • Data della recensione: 18/2/2020

"Awesome for user recordings and heat-maps"

Commenti: The tool is really helpful to better understand your user's experience.

Vantaggi: The insights we got from Hotjar were instantly used by our team. We understood our user's journey and pain points better after reviewing the heatmaps and screen recordings.

Inconvenienti: It's fairly expensive. We operate 16 different websites and we only have Hotjar setup on one of the brands because of the cost.

da Hotjar il giorno 19/2/2020

Hey Brent

So happy to hear that you found instant value with Hotjar and that it helped you to understand the user's journey better. You are right - once you know the pain points, you can address them a lot easier!

With regards to pricing, perhaps it might be better for you to be on a plan that caters for more than 1 site? Do you want to email [email protected] or submit your query here> https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000665794&pricingagencies and we can see if we can help suggest a better option for you?

Hope this helps!
Thanks so much again for your kind review.

Bee @ Hotjar

• Data della recensione: 18/2/2020
Mook L.
senior software engineer
Vendita al dettaglio, 1.001-5.000 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 23/3/2020

"capture the live user usage of your web product, and analyse the user experience"

Commenti: good experience, but i hope this dose not eat much of end users internet and hope it dos not reduces the web performance

Vantaggi: It capture a video of the user screen who is using the web product which is integrated with hotjar and store's it in clean directory structure
it also stores meta data information of the user session which is really help full in analytics
good documentation

Inconvenienti: the captured data back up is maintained only for 90 days,
it wold be better if they provide a permanent storage plan
and the meta data collected are in file formate and they also stay for 90 days,
we had to write scripts to dump these data in to sql tables for further analysation
it wold be better if they provide a simple API to do this
they do provide a good documentation for this dumping proses

da Hotjar il giorno 14/4/2020

Hi Mook,

Thanks for taking the time to review Hotjar.

We're happy to hear that you are finding Hotjar useful. I would interested to hear more about the data retention issues you experienced - Hotjar retains data for 365 days from the date the data is captured. We do not have any plans with 90-day data retention, so it would be good to dig deeper into your issue.

You can reach me at [email protected] if you'd like to discuss further. I'd also like to offer you a little something as a thank you for your review.

• Data della recensione: 23/3/2020
Full Stack Engineer
Proprietà immobiliari, 11-50 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 3/12/2019

"Sheer brilliance at work"

Commenti: It is an amazing thing to watch the recordings of the user's that Hotjar captures and consolidates.

Vantaggi: - Can actually record user's sessions and accurately identify the same user who is using the site/app after a certain duration
- The dashboard is seamless.
- Allows categorization based on events and tags.

Inconvenienti: - Sometimes, when trying to hide the private information of a customer, it went overboard and aggressively hid a lot of information which was part of the app itself and not the customer's data. This led us to not have an accurate depiction of the app state for the customer.

da Hotjar il giorno 12/12/2019

Hey there, thanks for the review!

Super to hear you're getting a lot of value from Hotjar :)

Following up your feedback on suppressing page elements... have you already checked this resource on suppression? https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012439167-How-to-Suppress-Elements-and-Images-from-Data

Hope that's helpful - it shouldn't be the case that the stuff you want to be able to see gets suppressed as well. If we can help please let us know! The team is available at [email protected]

Thanks again,
Alex from the Hotjar team

• Data della recensione: 3/12/2019
Roy W.
digital marketer
Marketing e pubblicità, Lavoratore autonomo
  • Data della recensione: 14/1/2020

"great website analytics and user behaviour tool"

Commenti: If you are into deep website analytics and user behaviour and want to get great insights, hotjar is a great tool.
Although i use several analytics tools I combine all data I got with hotjar insights that provide me with that extra info.
I use it on a daily basis. All the different features are great, like the screen recording that visually helps you see what your customers are doing on your website to the website.

Vantaggi: 1. Great website analysis features which are really easy to use and provide great insights: heatmaps that show you where users are clicking and navigating, visitor screen recording that show you have users are behaving on your website, feedback surveys, form analysis that show you have users are using your forms or detailed convertion funnels that show you where your users are dropping of.

Inconvenienti: in general I really love all features hotjar has but I am missing one important feature to analyse user vs content performance which is the a/b testing feature.

da Hotjar il giorno 17/1/2020

Hi Roy,

Thanks very much for your review.

It's great to hear that you're getting so much use out of all of the behavior analytics tools in Hotjar.

I totally understand your comment around A/B testing as this is a natural next step in the process for a lot of people. However, we are 100% focused on building robust behavior analytics software that helps to understand user behavior and get the insights needed to make changes, so we have made a conscious decision not to invest in building A/B testing tools to validate if an approach is working or not. Most of our customers use another tool like Optimizely or Google Optimize for that.

If you reach out to me directly [[email protected]], I'd like to send you a little something as thank you for reviewing us.

• Data della recensione: 14/1/2020
Jeffrey H.
Business Development
Servizi finanziari, 2-10 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 10/9/2019

"Must Have for landing Pages"

Commenti: Hotjar has allowed us to test ideas with web design. It helps confirm the effectiveness of certain visual cues, the flow of information and the effectiveness of the overall sales funnel by showing us exactly where the viewers attention is going on our web page. It has been an essential source for our overall analytics and critical to our design process.

Vantaggi: Hotjar adds a much-needed type of analytics to your arsenal. It allows you to see exactly what your page-viewers (potential buyers) are doing, seeing and spending time on your landing page or funnel. It allows you to test different design cues or features and see how your targets react. Also, the pricing is very convenient. Having this tool for free up to 200 pageviews per day is huge. it's just one of those tools that you need if you want to build new landing pages and help them convert.

Inconvenienti: The only issue I've had with this tool thus far is sometimes the screen recordings come out laggy or completely black, but this happens rarely. Other than that, it's been very informative and a great addition to our toolset.

da Hotjar il giorno 15/10/2019

Hey Jeffrey,

Thanks so much for reviewing Hotjar! We love feedback and it's great to hear you consider our tool an essential part of landing page optimization!

Sorry to hear you've had a problem with Recordings. Feel free to reach out to [email protected] and someone will be able to take a look into the issue.

Best,
Kayleigh

• Data della recensione: 10/9/2019
Lucas P.
Creative Director
  • Data della recensione: 27/4/2020

"Freemium level features offer great visitor insights"

Commenti: My primary use of HotJar is the click tracking and scroll depth features. I'll occasionally use the visitor recording feature. These reports alone provide invaluable information for my web clients to get an idea of how effective their sites are in generating conversions. The surprise benefits of the click tracking is that we can see where people are clicking on spots that are not actually intended to be and I can adjust the UI design to downplay those areas to create a better user experience. The scroll depth gives me a better handle on what important information is not being reached by visitors and helps me decide how to best move that information further up the page stack to ensure that visitors see what we need them to see.

Vantaggi: Easy to deploy tracking script to sites
Async loading doesn't impact user experience
Reports are easy to read and can be shared with clients
Free tier provides more-than-adequate reporting for most small businesses

Inconvenienti: I can't actually say anything bad about the pricing structure, the admin panel, or the product quality they deliver. If you're a small business looking to get insights about your visitors' habits, this is an awesome free tool.

da Hotjar il giorno 1/5/2020

Hi Lucas,

Thanks very much for the comprehensive review.

It's great to hear that you find Hotjar easy-to-use and you're getting valuable insights about your visitors' habits.

I'd like to offer you a small thank you from Hotjar for taking the time to review our software - please reach out to me at [email protected]

Mike from Hotjar

• Data della recensione: 27/4/2020
Joseph B.
Intrattenimento, Lavoratore autonomo
  • Data della recensione: 14/11/2019

"I recommend."

Commenti: Great for the most part. I've recommended it to many people. Easy to use, offers great info. It does make it hard to filter your own traffic from the data - my only qualm.

Vantaggi: Great analytics tool.
It records the sessions of people who visit your site - great information if you're looking to improve e-commerce conversions or design behavior.

Inconvenienti: I don't have much to suggest. It was easy to install the script onto my site.
I do wish they'd make it easy to filter out my own device though - you have to manually filter out your own devices, which clouds the data.

da Hotjar il giorno 20/11/2019

Hey Joseph,

Wow, what a review! Thanks so much for taking the time, and it's great to hear you're finding Hotjar useful to improve conversions.

Following up your issue with filtering out your devices - I'd love to follow up with you on this to hear your feedback in more detail. What would your suggestion be to make this easier?

All the best,
Alex from the Hotjar marketing team.

• Data della recensione: 14/11/2019
Digital Marketing Specialist
Trasporto aereo/Aviazione, 51-200 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 20/2/2020

"If you need help understanding your users, this is the app!"

Commenti: I LOVE IT! Helped us find how users are looking at our website and what they find important. Super useful too.

Vantaggi: Detailed heat maps and scroll maps that allow us to know what is working and what users are focusing on on our website. I also love the ability to view recordings and segment them by UTM. Makes it easier for us to see what's working and not working per marketing channel as well as how to fix inherent UX issues.

Inconvenienti: I wish they made heat maps that segment by marketing channel like Crazy Egg. We have both and it's kinda a lot of money for both. I also dislike how it's hard to get iframes to be seen in recordings and remove HTML elements that we don't want to see in maps such as cookie banners.

da Hotjar il giorno 21/2/2020

Hi there anon!

Thank you so much for your kind words and your lovely review. So happy to see you are loving HJ generally and that it is helping you to fix issues for UX. This is great news!

Heatmaps = segment by marketing channel. This would be great (i.e. If you could segment by referral/UTM URL you mean?). Likewise on your idea regarding removing HTML elements, very valid. I will put your ideas to the product team.

Thanks again for your kind words and please do feel free to follow up with any issues or worries you might have via [email protected]

Kind regards
Bee @ Hotjar

• Data della recensione: 20/2/2020
Online Performance Manager
Marketing e pubblicità, 11-50 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 10/10/2018

"Started from the bottom, now we here"

Commenti: I've been a beta user and I've now been using Hotjar for over 2 years (even have the tshirt to prove it). While other tools such as Zoho PageSense, MouseFlow and Inspectlet do a similar job, Hotjar makes it dead-simple. Heatmaps and visitor recordings are a godsend, next to regular anayltics. And every single feature is free? That's beyond crazy!

Vantaggi: - Heatmaps and visitors recordings work like a charm and provide a great deal of information.
- If Google Analytics tells you what and how many, Hotjar tells you why: polls make it easy to gather user feedback.
- Using all of its features, you can get a better grasp into why people don't fill in a certain form or don't buy a product.

Inconvenienti: - Some features are blocked behind a paywall.
- Organization of sites and companies can get confusing at times.
- Not all descriptions make it clear what a specific feature does.

• Data della recensione: 10/10/2018
Valentin B.
Physicist engineer
E-learning, 201-500 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 28/7/2020

"Hotjar a good heatmap"

Commenti: I have made some heatmaps for my website show-my-homework. I used these heatmaps to improve the website for the readers.

Vantaggi: Years ago I had a website (show-my-homework) that was taken from me with force. I am Romanian and in Romania no matter what you work, the authorities will force you to surrender your wealth and work to those that use the muscles and not the brain. I worked to this website for 5 years and 2 years I had on this website hotjar. Hotjar was saying to me who comes to my website, who reads my website, who wanted to learn, who clicks etc. Hotjar is very good and I love Hotjar for this.

Inconvenienti: To make a heatmap with hotjar you have to wait for 1 day. This is not good, but after 1 day you will have a very good heat map. I do not love hotjar because you have to pay good money if you use it for 2 weeks :)

Hi Valentin,

Thanks for taking the time to review Hotjar.

I'm sorry to hear about the problem with your website, but glad that you had a good experience using Hotjar to understand your users.

I'd like to send you a small thank-you from us for your review. You can reach me at [email protected] and I'll share the details.

• Data della recensione: 28/7/2020
Web Content Manager
Arredamento, 51-200 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 19/1/2018

"Hotjar is an easy and affordable user feedback tool that helps us tailor user experience."

Commenti: We've used hotjar to identify navigational, organizational, and functional issues on our website that crop up in actual use, issues that may not appear in our daily use or testing. It allows us to see how users are interacting with our site and collect user feedback, and that lets us find ways to improve the experience

Vantaggi: Using hotjar is like being able to stand next to your users and watch them use your site. This gives you actionable insight that many times numbers alone may not be able to tell you. And if you are someone who isn't comfortable sifting through analytics, it makes it extremely simple to identify potential problem areas in the user experience that you, being familiar with the site, might miss. The features are all sufficiently developed to be able to handle most straightforward tasks. Also, Hotjar is (at the time of this writing) very affordable for what you get out of it. My primary site is a local home goods retailer. We mostly use the session recording and heatmapping features, in addition to the poll feature. There are other features, such as the conversion funnel tracking, survey feature, and others. Although we don't use those much, the solution more than worth it for the recording and heatmapping. Their support is also fast and helpful.

Inconvenienti: There aren't many things to not like about Hotjar. I suppose one of the issues I have run into is that the conversion funnel tracking tool doesn't seem to accurately report metrics for us. I've never bothered to try and get this fixed since we use other methods to evaluate conversion funnels anyway. Otherwise, I haven't encountered any notable issues.

• Data della recensione: 19/1/2018