Informazioni su Clover

Sistema multifunzione per la gestione di punti vendita e pagamenti, Clover integra le funzioni di un registratore di cassa, un terminale di pagamento con carte e un sistema POS.

Ulteriori informazioni su Clover

Aspetti positivi:

We loved using the Clover system for a recent event. It was very easy to use and navigation-friendly.

Aspetti negativi:

They cost to much they lied about the monthly payment.

Valutazioni di Clover

3,9
Rapporto qualità-prezzo
3,6

Lo consiglieresti?

Clover ha una valutazione complessiva di 4,0 stelle su 5, calcolata sulla base di 395 recensioni degli utenti di Capterra.

Hai già usato Clover?

Condividi la tua esperienza con altri acquirenti.

Filtra le recensioni (395)

Josh
Josh
Utente LinkedIn Verificato
Internet, Lavoratore autonomo

Great Point of Sale payment processor for Small Companies

5,0 6 mesi fa
Sottotitoli in italiano disponibili nel lettore video
Luigi
Director of Operations & Development (USA)
Prodotti alimentari e bevande, 11-50 dipendenti

Easy, simple and effective

4,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: Very positive. It's ease of use makes it suitable for every demographic and It integrates well with our other systems like Shopify and Shopventory.

Aspetti positivi:

Since this system uses android OS so it follows a familiar mobile OS layout. The system is extremely easy to use. I repeat, EXTREMELY easy to use. So easy that the boomers in our company did find it too difficult to learn. It's large buttons and integrated barcode scanner makes transactions quick and smooth. It integrates with most common applications such as Quickbooks & Shopify. The option to search for products by typing the name is extremely useful. As one of our owners put it, "It's pretty hard to make a mistake on it, even for a caveman like me."

Aspetti negativi:

It's certainly not as advanced as other point of sales systems I've used in the past. Sometimes simple commands are buried in sub folders. For example, if you want to delete an entire order, you are required to push three dots at the top of the order, then select the "delete order" option from a list of commands. While simple is steps, the lack of clarity when while locating the the action can slow you down when you are busy. A massive con is the that it does not natively support variable priced items by weight. In order to add this as an option, we're required to pay an extra $10 a month. Something that has also been massively disappointing is that you can not increase the price of an item during the sale. If an item is at a fixed priced, you can not increase the price, you can only reduce the price or provide an item discount. This is a disadvantage if you don't necessarily need an item to be a variable priced item, of if an item is priced incorrectly. It forces you to use the open item option.

Graham
Owner (UK)
Vendita al dettaglio, Lavoratore autonomo

Not for Retailers

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: The problems come with the back office.
The inventory system is basic to say the least, items sold at the till do decrease the totals, but all purchase quatities have to be done manually, you cannot set min and max stock levels, or re-order levels with the bundled system, so re-orders have to have a physical stock check, I am still trying to work out how this saves me time and money.
Clover relies heavily on thrid party APPs, which they absolve themselves of all responsibility in their T's & C's. These Apps are expensive
(The Shopventory APP is £40 Pm +VAT)
The E-Commerce integration does not work.
The Magento integration is for Magento 1m which was made obsolete in June 2018, and is no longer supported.
The Shopify integration does not work either, and for me failed at the first hurdle, (I have now been waiting 14 days for a fix).
I purchased a barcode reader they recommended, not even their support staff could get it to work, I was promised a fix, five months ago.
In my opinon this system out of the box is not for retail, unless you want to see your profits dwindle through the purchase of expensive APP's.
The actual helpdesk staff are very helpful, but they can only do so much.
The actual management are a nightmare to deal with.
I first presented some of these issues within 30 days and was promised a fix, five months later I am being told that even though I registered those issues it will cost me over £1500 to get out of a 48 month contract.

Aspetti positivi:

The till itself is fantastic, it looks ultra sleek and ultra modern, customers love it. And that is about it

Aspetti negativi:

It was sold to me as a solution to me retail needs it certainly is not

Elizabeth
DJ (USA)
Intrattenimento, 2-10 dipendenti

Almost Great...

4,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: My overall experience with clover has spanned from the creation of menus and items with sub menus and add ons for each item, as well as specials for days of the week as well as happy hour times to daily usage for pos transactions. Overall I have been very happy with everything, other than the need to set up account through bank, as I mentioned before.

Aspetti positivi:

I love how easy it is to use clover for grab and go, sit down service, or retail services. It is the only pos system I know of that is easy to use for one or all three of the above type of service. With one pos you can easily switch apps and have optimized layout and design for each of the above, while keeping the same items and menus/submenus.

Aspetti negativi:

I dislike that it has to be used through your bank. It makes it really hard for management to have the ability to access customer support and full features, since most owners dont want their employees, even management, to have access to full banking info.

Managing Partner (USA)
Vendita al dettaglio, 51-200 dipendenti
Fonte: SoftwareAdvice

An out of the box solution that works well for small business

4,0 5 anni fa

Commenti: Clover is an excellent and good looking choice for a small to medium size business in need of a reliable and cost effective solution. You will be pleased as I have been. The system offers quite a bit of integrations and once implemented you will be amazed at the power of this system. I wish we could have linked all stores together but we were only allowed three machines to link per location. Overall, an excellent POS!

Aspetti positivi:

I was in search for s POS for three thrift stores my nonprofit operated. The old cash register no longer fits the internal control environment and a switch was desperately needed. After researching multiple platforms I opted for Clover. The others were simply too expensive and too complex for our needs. The Clover system worked brilliantly and continues to power the sales desk at all three stores. Each store has three registers and we were able to link the three to the main server to aggregate totals for each store. Sales increased and customer satisfaction went up as well. Clover has a host of apps to integrate including inventory management, time and attendance, markdowns, and a customer loyalty program which was a hit with our customers. The Clover system is truly a remarkable POS for the price of entry. The sleek modern look keeps the cash wrap looking clean and updated. The Digital receipt and signature has cut down on paper waste and makes us feel like we are doing out part to create less stress on the environment. Overall this is a simple and powerful solution that powers millions in annual retail sales for the organization.

Aspetti negativi:

The one setback is the operating system is Android. I find Android to be clunky and prone to security threats. We had to ensure we had it on a secure network and well protected by firewalls. Additionally it took some time to learn the system. Disclaimer- we operated on a complete iOS ecosystem until we bright on Clover. So not a big setback just more learning.

Rachel
Manager (USA)

Too Simple without the Addition of Add-Ons

4,0 anno scorso

Commenti: In our experience, clover has been nothing more than a fancy credit card reader. Our entire company runs through a third party app that manages clover from the other side. The only use clover has become to us is, to accept payment and we are currently looking into changing to a system that better suits our needs.

Aspetti positivi:

The aesthetic of the hardware fits on par with what is trending. The ability to utilize the barcode scanner is also nice.

Aspetti negativi:

In order to run our business effectively we had to download so many third party apps to do what we had been doing for 30 years on an outdated system. It felt like a slap in the face as it was a turning point for us to upgrade all the systems only to find it was nearly useless for what we needed it to continue doing for us.

DUSTIN
owner (USA)
Proprietà immobiliari, Lavoratore autonomo

Alternative considerate:

Best platform out there for mobile payments

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: I have had nothing but positives with Clover. It has streamlined my company's credit card processing and actually brought customers in because I accept cards.

Aspetti positivi:

The app is extremely easy to use and simplifies my mobile payment processing. I have tried at least five other companies/apps and Clover is by far the best. From the very beginning of a payment to emailing the receipt, Clover is extremely smooth and user freindly.

Aspetti negativi:

It won't let me type my full company name.

Sylvia
Partner/Administration ()

Clover Pos

3,0 6 anni fa

Commenti: From the pos system itself, we are multistore, so that is added complications for the clover system. On the register side, looking up customer names is complicated, you type the last name, but cannot enter the full name or it will not find it, so you enter the last name and have to scroll through the list of lets say 50 last name of smith, takes way to much time, and really difficult on the mini with the small screen. To increase quantity you have to go to another screen and then back again, more time, If one person does a price check by entering an item because a customer wants the total with tax, even though you delete the item, or clear open order, if a second sales person then logs in to check someone out the order still reads with the first person doing the sale even though they logged out. From the dashboard side, no ability to print many things such as transfer slips from HQ to the other 3 stores, once it is transferred it is on the screen until the store accepts the item in, after that the info is gone, and you cannot access for questions, etc. the lack of alphabetical order on many functions, the tax functions, if you use different tax rate for each of our 3 taxing authorities, as we did (and would prefer) say you have 10,000. in sales, 3 tax rates, when they are done separately the total income would then become 30,000.00, so many of the reports are not accurate as they read.

Aspetti positivi:

clover has been making some updates in the months since we have been using them, which have been good and helpful, but much is needed to make it functional for a multistore, without having to pay way to much monthly for apps to do things

Aspetti negativi:

to get even what I would consider basic functions, purchase more apps that would raise the monthly cost out of reach, sometimes the apps will show different figures, when creating an item, for our multistore setting, I can create for all 4 locations at once, with name, label, category, cost, price, but the tax rate, I have to go into a different screen for each location and fix all tax rates, very time consuming

Jeremy
Manager (Canada)

Alternative considerate:

Easy to implement and maintain - loaded with great features!

4,0 2 mesi fa

Commenti: Quick customer service, and a excellent interface, clover make POS a great option.

Aspetti positivi:

Easy to learn and use, with great ability to track inventory and customers.

Aspetti negativi:

The clover monthly pricing nearly doubled in the span of a month, backing out cafe into a corner. I’m still frustrated to be paying for the same features with a $50/month increase.

Lawrence
GM (USA)
Commercio all'ingrosso, 51-200 dipendenti

4,0 6 mesi fa

Commenti: Trying to get the original set up support is terrible. You will spend hours on the phone on hold, then transferred to another line to start over waiting, only to be dropped and start over. I have had this experience every time we reactivate our machines. Billing is another issue. We use these on a seasonal and reactivation is a nightmare.

Aspetti positivi:

Nice user friendly once up and running.

Aspetti negativi:

Inventory is hard to duplicate in all machines. When you download the template it has several errors when importing.

Jodi
Medspa Manager (USA)
Studi medici, 2-10 dipendenti

Great payment processing device

5,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: Clover payment system has been really great for our spa. Really easy to run transactions, reports or refunds. The customer service has been knowledgeable and super friendly when we have had any issues.

Aspetti positivi:

It’s is super easy to take and track transactions. Has report capabilities And many functions. It is super easy to use. I have two different clover devices for different providers and they are all great.

Aspetti negativi:

The software itself is wonderful. The only issue I have is with the flex portable device on/off button. It is on the side and client constantly hit the button when they are picking up to sign for a transaction. The button should be on back underneath where it can’t be accidentally touched.

Phil
Marketing Director (USA)
Fonte della recensione

Could be incredible, but appears to be more geared toward restaurants instead of retail

4,0 6 mesi fa

Commenti: It's been okay. When something goes wrong, there can be a lot of runaround from different techs. There is a support number that we have to contact for technical issues, a different one for banking issues, and a third for issues with certain settings within the system. It would be helpful if there was one tech support contact instead of three. The main tech support doesn't usually seem to be very knowledgeable, and have to reach out to a specialist to figure out how to help most of the time.

Aspetti positivi:

Clover itself wouldn't be much more than a payment processing system if it wasn't for the many apps that you can add to make it work for your business. The catch is, most of the add on apps cost a monthly fee. The option to have these apps make Clover incredibly customizable to fit exactly what you need for your store. Overall, we still saved money switching to Clover from our previous company.

Aspetti negativi:

The software seems to be geared more toward the restaurant industry. When we got it, we did so because it was supposed to be for all retail. We likely would not have gone this route if we had known what we do now, but we have made it work for a retail setting with the help of certain apps.

Francesco
President (USA)

A No-brainer to be your perfect POS

5,0 5 mesi fa

Commenti: The experience has been easy and helpful. Honestly compared to my last POS my overall stress levels have declined by 99%

Aspetti positivi:

Easy to set up and use, inventory management works very wells

Wish it integrated better with ecommerce platforms such as Shopify & Magento

NICHOLE
Office Manager (USA)
Salute mentale, 2-10 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Easy to use and a lot of features

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: My overall experience has been good with Clover. They do have a lot of features we love like invoicing clients directly to their email (it does not track your invoices but it has a pay now button where your client can free type their own information and their payment info is directly emailed to the main user). I also like the modern look of the equipment. I wish the banks and clover had a more direct with each other relationship instead of putting me in the middle.

Aspetti positivi:

I like the ease of using Clover. Our office has a clover mini that we pass back and forth to the client and we use the virtual terminal for clients who wish to pay over the phone for their telehealth services. Clover also has an invoicing feature that has helped us greatly during this pandemic.

Aspetti negativi:

The machines are costly and because we are on a contract changing your system as your business changes are not easily done. I am not sure if part of this is my bank but I am currently paying for a clover mini I am unable to transfer or switch. The communication between the bank and clover seems to be convoluted. I would make sure you choose a system that has the opportunity to change before 2 years.

Kelly
Barista/Cashier (USA)
Prodotti alimentari e bevande, 2-10 dipendenti

Alternative considerate:

Ideal POS system for a food truck.

4,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: Overall a very positive experience! Great for foodservice and customer support has been able to quickly resolve issues whenever they came up.

Aspetti positivi:

The interface is clear, easily navigated and very editable to meet your needs. This has been ideal for our coffee truck that enjoys making custom, often complicated orders.

Aspetti negativi:

"Waking up" the system is a slow process, often takes us somewhere between 5 to 10 minutes every morning. Most days we have to do a full reboot in order to get things operational.

Chenna
CEO (USA)

Clover for restaurants

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: Excellent in every possible way conceivable. We didn't have any major challenges during the last 2+ years of the usage.

Aspetti positivi:

Extremely easy to configure and change on the fly or on the internet, so, you don't have to be next to the machine to change or update anything. I can walk my Manager through this without any issues at all. The customer support is great. They are literally one call away. And anyone from the restaurant can call from the system, so, they don't have to provide any details on the account etc. Also, they can remotely log into the system directly and change things that we request, which is great, so, as a business owner I am not tied up to the system having to do everything myself.

Aspetti negativi:

Some of the features need us to call the Clover Customer Support. Also, in the good old restaurant POS systems you can print the bill and the customer adds the tip manually on paper. Also, the system automatically prints Receipts even though we touch the No Receipt Printed option. They need to fix that to avoid the waste of paper.

Katie
Executive Director (USA)
Salute mentale, 2-10 dipendenti

Easy to Use and Competitive Rates

5,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: Overall, the product is simple enough to use that I am not worried about any of our contracted therapists messing up the process and avoiding taking payments.

Aspetti positivi:

What I like most about Clover is that it can be downloaded on any smart device as app and has an easy to use card chip reader. Our agency wanted a chip reader for extra customer security and Clover offered that option.

Aspetti negativi:

I like least about the software is that is does not capture customer information as simple as their first and last name, but simply has a text box for a description. Our agency uses the device for customer copays for therapy appointments and in the text box I am forced to put the customers last name in order to reconcile payments later.

Sara
Business Co-Owner (USA)
Salute, benessere e fitness, 2-10 dipendenti

Great POS for smaller businesses

5,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: Overall, I am happy with my experience with Clover. It has helped me manage my inventory, visualize my top and bottom sellers and identify peak hours for business. I recommend to any small retailer who needs an easy POS setup and inventory management solution.

Aspetti positivi:

The Clover POS is intuitive to use, easy to manage user accounts/ access for employees and very easy to add new items to inventory. The analytics available also aren’t too shabby.

Aspetti negativi:

I don’t like having the experience I have when dealing with Clover support but fortunately the need to do so is rare.

Karen

Alternative considerate:

Clover is Cumbersome and You Need Third Party Paid Apps to do Basic Functionality

3,0 anno scorso

Commenti: Want to have a seamless point of sale software and this was not it. The approval process was difficult and extensive just to find out they are out of stock of their hardware so I am charged the manual entry rate versus the keyed in rate even thought they are out of stock of Clover Go until and undetermined time.

Aspetti positivi:

I like the Clover Gos swipe and cost per transaction option but it is out of stock for months. I like the dashboard.

Aspetti negativi:

Wanted to import products from another system and tried to match the template provided by Clover to import and never got it in. Plus size of file is limited to 10MB which for the effort I could have keyed in the few items quickly to get to the file limit size. Customer support was painful to interact with and not helpful.

Deborah
Business Manager (USA)
Arredamento, 2-10 dipendenti

Clover Nightmare!!!!!!!

3,0 3 mesi fa

Commenti: We used Clover for over a year at our 70+ year established furniture store. We contacted them over a year ago to cancel our services as we were opting to go with another provider and did. We filed all the requested paperwork to end services with Clover in 2021. HOWEVER, they continued to bill us for a service we NO LONGER utilized and when we confronted them about the issue of billing after CANCELATION, they denied getting paperwork and refused to refund ANY monies. (OVER $2k). The form provided by them and the instructions for resending it had changed and when confronted they denied that also. DISGUSTING BUSINESS PRACTICES! DO NOT USE THEM!

Aspetti positivi:

The software wasn't the problem. The software was great.

Aspetti negativi:

No complaints about software. The software worked great. However this isn't the ONLY part of running a good and reputable company!

Gordon
Articoli sportivi, 2-10 dipendenti

Needed a new Payment Processor and they killed it

4,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: Customer service has been great to work with. The integration with my website was beyond simple which is what I need running a 2 person business.

Aspetti positivi:

The ease of which I was able to set up an account for my business and integrated it into my website was astonishing. Most people think of clover as a POS system but I primarily use it on the back side of my website and needed the option for a mobile POS. They have it both.

Aspetti negativi:

The cost of equipment that is needed to use this software as a POS is a bit daunting. There are different levels of equipment, but they are all a little pricey.

Michelle
Office Manager (USA)
Studi medici, 51-200 dipendenti

Clover is the lead merchant in 2021

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: I have had an incredibly positive experience with Clover. I have even called their support system before and the representatives were friendly and efficient. I spoke to a live representative rather quickly who was informed and able to help me. I would give this product a 10/10 easily.

Aspetti positivi:

I love the tap feature. During covid, our dental office has tried to take every precaution to limit the spread of covid-19. Clover has a tap feature so that our staff does not have to handle patient's credit cards which limits exposure. Many major debit and credit cards have this feature and users just do not know! Look for the symbol that has 4 lines on your card and try it sometime! It is very fast and effective! We are also able to email or text a receipt (in addition to printing) so that there is less "touching" and passing involved.

Aspetti negativi:

There is truly nothing that I dislike about this software. If I was forced to answer this question, maybe I could say that the swipe option sometimes needs to be run more than once because it does not read the swipe on the first try; however, 99% of cards use the chip insertion feature anyway!

Brianna
Assistant (USA)
Prodotti alimentari e bevande, 11-50 dipendenti

Great but has limitations

4,0 8 mesi fa

Commenti: Overall, it’s been really great. Whenever we have issues, clover is usually able to solve it. Their customer service has been wonderful; they take time to understand issues and make notes for their software engineers when there’s a bug.

Aspetti positivi:

Easy to use; intuitive layout. The report overview can show sales by-the-hour which is helpful for planning. The add-on apps have been working well; Menufy & the inventory audit are great. The inventory audit add on also has a downloadable app which has significantly streamlined our inventory process. Great customer service-they are able and willing to help fix any issues that come up.

Aspetti negativi:

The hardware can be glitchy. 2 examples: (1) the station will start clicking buttons randomly and sometimes this can only be stopped by restarting the machine. (2) the biometric finger print sign in will crash about 50% of the time when trying to add new employees. The reports could be more customizable and the filters could be more detailed. It would be nice if the whole thing was able to be customized to fit our unique needs, but for the price it works well enough.

Dayna
Accounts Receiveable (USA)
Gestione formativa, 51-200 dipendenti

Two thumbs up for Clover

5,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: I have very much enjoyed learning to use the Clover products. I would recommend these products for anyone.

Aspetti positivi:

Clover payment processing software is very easy to use. Our school takes payments daily with the desktop CloverMini, the easily portable CloverFlex and CloverGo. It is very easy to print out a combined report with the total that will be deposited, yet showing who ran the individual payments. You can also add notes to your transactions and email right from every machine. Super helpful!

Aspetti negativi:

Setting permissions for each person that uses the machines has been a challenge. There doesn't seem to be a manual for the set up, however, our CC service team is amazing and very knowledgeable. The only other thing that bothers me is that you can not void a transaction. Even if you void a transaction immediately, it still goes through and then refunds a day later.

Jatin
Software informatici, 2-10 dipendenti

Easiest and best POS System

5,0 anno scorso

Commenti: Great system. The hardware is constantly being improved. The credit card rates are always the best!

Aspetti positivi:

Clover is easy to setup. I like the app market which allows me to select what features and extra functionality I need.

Aspetti negativi:

having to learn the interface takes a bit if you're not used to Android systems

Yessenia
Manager (USA)
Fonte della recensione

Excellent POS System for any business!

5,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: Overall it is a great pos system!

Aspetti positivi:

When we change to clover, we thought it was going to be difficult for us to learn how to use it. We were wrong it, was really easy to use and install. One of the things I love about it is, that I can add products remotely on the inventory. I can also verify the transaction remotely from my pc or my phone. The customer support is great, they immediately call back when you contact them for any problem you have with the machine, transactions, or any question you have. You can also add more features to your pos because they have a app store, which let's you add online orders, id verification, etc.

Aspetti negativi:

Our business is a grocery store and restaurant, so we have the ebt program for the grocery store. It would be great if the clover machine with detect which items are ebt and which aren't ebt elegible. That way we wouldn't have to do 2 different transactions, because it does take more time for cashiers to charge what the customer is buying.