Recensioni su Web Help Desk

Informazioni su Web Help Desk

Web Help Desk® è un software di ticketing, risorse IT, conoscenze e gestione del cambiamento basato su web, facile da usare e perfetto per le PMI.

Ulteriori informazioni su Web Help Desk

Aspetti positivi:

I like that it all tickets can be automatically routed, and folks receive email notifications. You can place comments right in the ticket and mention others to notify them of action needed.

Aspetti negativi:

The Dashboard is almost useless, again, unless I just don't understand how you use it.

Valutazioni di Web Help Desk

Punteggio medio

Facilità d'uso
Servizio clienti
Caratteristiche
3,9
Rapporto qualità-prezzo

Lo consiglieresti?

Web Help Desk ha una valutazione complessiva di 4,2 stelle su 5, calcolata sulla base di 112 recensioni degli utenti di Capterra.

Hai già usato Web Help Desk?

Condividi la tua esperienza con altri acquirenti.

Filtra le recensioni (112)

Servizi e tecnologie dell'informazione, 11-50 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Effective but interface is dated

Aspetti positivi:

It provides an effective customizable solution for IT help desk. We use this tool for internal and client ticketing. It allows you to configure email rules to allow for tickets to be created based off keywords. This makes it much easier for users to create tickets. We host ours in AWS and it has performed admirably. Customer service has always been easy to get a hold of and will work with you until a solution is discovered.

Aspetti negativi:

The interface is dated. It has not received a refresh since we started using it three years ago. When you attempt to use it on a mobile device it looks like I am back on iOS 3. There have been many changes with HTML 5, CSS and JavaScript and I expect the tool to adopt these new changes to improve the UI.

5 anni fa

Thanks for the feedback Michael. We've got great news! Have you had a chance to check out the new UI that was unveiled with our v12.5.1 release? It has a sleek new look that we're excited to share. We are still working in the IOS application updates and they're currently at the top of our roadmap. You can learn more about what's next with Web Help Desk and suggest additional features for future iterations in our THWACK community. Join us here: https://thwack.solarwinds.com/community/tools_tht/web-help-desk

Dan
Telecomunicazioni, 51-200 dipendenti

Good but a bit outdated

4,0 6 anni fa

Commenti: Being able to have a helpdesk software at a relatively cheap price. It's not perfect, but gets the job done.

Aspetti positivi:

It offers a lot given the price. You have a ticketing system, FAQs section, Reports that can be run on tickets / techs. You can also set up action rules that can automate tickets, for example reports being run. Integrates with AD. The layout is fairly intuitive and organizing tickets / categories / etc is easy.

Aspetti negativi:

Some features are half baked. Assets / Parts isn't very intuitive to work with and creates more problems than it solves. For example it will produce multiple entries based on a wireless IP and wired IP and there is no way to force it to use a MAC address which would make a lot more sense. I would say there is a fairly steep learning curve if you really want to get into advanced features. I didn't even know a lot of them existed until about a year ago. Support is hit or miss.

6 anni fa

We thank you for this very honest feedback. We clearly have some room to improve, but we are working at it every day.

Mohammad Naseer
IT manager (Afghanistan)
Relazioni governative, 10.000+ dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Easy gor deployment and usage

5,0 mese scorso Nuova

Commenti: We have a big organization with more than 60000 staff working and we use this software to recieve issues from customers and to solve it immediately

Aspetti positivi:

Very easy to use and good managed system for daily tasks and solve th probelms of customers

Aspetti negativi:

Its so easy yo use and deploy and i havnt found any missing to write it here

Sergey
Sergey
Manager, Technology Infrastructure and Compliance (USA)
Industria alberghiera, 1.001-5.000 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Make your end user support structured

Aspetti positivi:

I started using this software 4 years ago. From a very first moment I could really see a difference from other products. I liked an ability to have multiple locations, with each location having multiple points of contacts. With that, I was able to set up routings of my tickets so they would always reach a correct IT person. This is very useful, when your business is spread through multiple timezones. Another feature that I really liked is LDAP authentication. This allowed me to restrict access to only authorized users, eliminating a possibility of phishing emails reaching the system.

Aspetti negativi:

As the company grew, at some point my AD structure become very complex - multiple ADs not connected to each other. Unfortunately, at that point, I had to stop using this solution because it couldn't handle more that one AD efficiently.

Kory

Great Product! Does More Than Expected / Necessary

Aspetti positivi:

SolarWinds is great for being a helpdesk ticketing system which is what we purchased it for, however, it does much more than that! It is a very useful tool for inventory, as well as purchase orders, and other items. It definitely has more features than we expected and we've been slowly incorporating more and more of these as we've used the product. I like the ability to add custom fields, a lot of products you are stuck with how they are configured out of the box, SolarWinds is definitely not that product.

Aspetti negativi:

The only real downside to SolarWinds has been the fact that some of the more advanced things such as Single Sign On (SSO) / ADFS were not very user friendly to configure, but we have successfully done it, and it does work quite well. The only other issue we have had is some off / on issues where if we reboot the server we have it hosted on, it will go back to being a trial license, but a simple call to Customer Support and the issue is resolved.

Carsten
Senior Support Engineer (USA)
Dispositivi medici, 11-50 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Very good experience setting up a system from scratch, from sales to Customer Service.

Commenti: Better customer service

Aspetti positivi:

Software is very easy to setup, everything you need to get a support system up and running is there. Solarwinds Support is very prompt to respond to questions or issue that you may have. The reason I suggest Solarwinds Helpdesk was that I had been a user / admin on a system before. Thicket history is great, asset management is very good

Aspetti negativi:

The report module and the part and billing feature is weak. Generating reports is not that intuitive and there is things that you cant get an report on. Parts and billing, missing pricing features and invoice / packing list options. Solarwinds is not so god at coming back to with feature request that you have submitted nor to let you know that bug have been fixed. There is to long between bug fixed / new releases is being released .

Ross
Network Support Specialist (USA)
Gestione formativa, 501-1.000 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Has the features we need to make our support experience painless for our end users.

4,0 6 anni fa

Commenti: Time savings, and a good handle on what opportunities we have in our organization.

Aspetti positivi:

The ease of use is what has sold me. I was able to customize the experience to my liking without to much effort. We are able to track the metrics that we desire and it helps our team have a clear sense of what needs to be accomplished in a given day. From the techs to the staff, it has been a great tool that has eliminated a lot of time waste that we used to have.

Aspetti negativi:

Probably the biggest con that I would have is that there isn't a remote desktop client built in. Of course we are in an education environment, and cost is always an issue. We'd love to have the integration without the additional cost, but I realize that's not always an option.

Utente Verificato
Network Support Specialist (USA)
Gestione formativa, 501-1.000 dipendenti

Full Featured Help Desk Solution

5,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: We have streamlined our process for reporting issues in our district which in turn has made our response times come down. Having a history of issues is also beneficial for training purposes and for staff to see how to fix a recurring issue they may have. Overall has made us much more efficient.

Aspetti positivi:

Ease of use. I have had new techs that havent had any experience with a ticketing system sit down and be able to use this product within several minutes. Also it has been a godsend for our staff as we require them to log in to the system to create tickets.

Aspetti negativi:

Inventory function. I was hoping for an easier way to track our device inventory. I believe it would do the job, but the initial setup has to be comprehensive to make things work smoothly.

Ospedali e sistemi sanitari, 51-200 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Very robust on prem software.

5,0 5 anni fa

Commenti: Prioritization and organization for a single Help Desk user to control a 100+ user environment.

Aspetti positivi:

Complete control of all customization for you environment. You also have the ability to configure email ticket so you do not have to rely on VPN connections to submit tickets. We all know how reliable VPN's can be. For me the ability for Sales Reps out in the field to submit Help Desk ticket through email is awesome. They can do it right from their phone's email program.

Aspetti negativi:

I think that for the upfront cost of the software and the amount that you pay for yearly support and updates that the seat count should at least start at two people instead of just one. This is a setback with the upfront cost.

Steve
Director of Business Systems (USA)
, 501-1.000 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Our experience with WHD has been ok to underwhelming

3,0 6 anni fa

Commenti: It allows us to measure how busy our Help Desk group is, we can identify patterns more easily now helping us to resolve problem areas more quickly.

Aspetti positivi:

It allows us to get statistics on our helpdesk calls. Our data center is able to create tickets automatically. It is a repository for all help calls that we did not have before so management can get an overall picture. We like that we can build custom reports and dashboards. Creating forms that can ask a user for data is helpful but we have not implemented any yet because it is cumbersome.

Aspetti negativi:

The UI for the software is stuck in the 90s, very table oriented, Comments in the tickets have a lot of wasted space, we have to scroll constantly to see history. The table widths are not relative or resizable. Images are stored and provided to the user as links with generic names, half the time the link is a signature logo. Our users use screen shots in almost all of our tickets. Not being able to see the images without clicking on a link is painful. Also, we can not use the customizable forms because a user has to save their image to their local hard drive and then upload to the form. Many users don't have a clue how to do this so we have to use email. Because we have to use emails we get duplicate tickets because the software does not recognize a reply. Some of this is the lack of training for our users but if the UI was better we would send them directly to the website. We have compiled a list of questions and will be contacting SW to see if we are missing something in our configurations or if it is a lack of training. If we are not able to resolve most of these issues we will be looking for a different solution.

6 anni fa

We're sorry to hear of these difficulties you are having, but we are encouraged you plan to reach out to seek a resolution. We have a lot really talented people on our team that are willing and ready to help whenever you choose to tap us as a resource. As for you comments regarding providing instruction to your customers for common tasks involved in troubleshooting their issues, we have some advice. We suggest you create an FAQ to provide a set list of instructions to help with image capture and transfer to your help desk team. Alternatively, a solution like Dameware Remote Support from SolarWinds could lend a hand in the troubleshooting process, enabling your team to access an end-user's workstation and snap screenshots instead. The bonus is that it integrates with Web Help Desk. We hope this guidance is helpful. Looking forward to your outreach to address your other concerns.

Emmanuel
Gestione formativa, 51-200 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

In valuable tool to running our schools!

5,0 6 anni fa

Commenti: It is how we manage our workflow.

Aspetti positivi:

There are several good things about this program. 1st, the ability to keep track of problems. This cannot be underestimated across two buildings with hundreds of laptops and other equipment. 2nd, the ability to maintain open dialogue with clients who need repairs. 3rd, the ability to sort issues by client, room, or situations and see the history of a problem, or a problem user.

Aspetti negativi:

The interface is functional, just not snazzy, and modern! I have always wanted an ability to printout a viable list of open jobs to give to techs. I just can't figure out how to do that. For instance, assign all AV jobs to one tech and send him/her a Task List...

Jonathan
Educational Technology Systems Manager (USA)
E-learning, 501-1.000 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Solarwinds Web Help Desk is awesome and has tons of features!

Commenti: Asset and Help Desk Ticket Tracking

Aspetti positivi:

Web Help Desk (WHD) has two main features that I love. You can create help desk tickets and you can track assets. WHD ticket system has a dashboard that you can create many different widgets on to see beautiful and detailed graphics. It also also has tabs to see your tickets, your group tickets, flagged tickets, and a search tab to see all tickets. WHD assets system allows you to input your devices or anything that used like to allow users to borrow. Then users can request usage of the devices. WHD has a very clean user interface. It is very easy to navigate and it is mobile friendly.

Robert
Database Administrator (USA)
Salute mentale, 1.001-5.000 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Well put together help desk.

4,0 6 anni fa

Commenti: Maintain and track help desk tickets. Also enter in my own projects help keep me on task. Notes feature allows me to add any updates I have made or upload any new documents I may have.

Aspetti positivi:

Easy to send messages back and forth from client and technician. Can then set reminders on tickets to ensure you do not over look a ticket. Has a FAQ section that allows you to record solutions to reoccurring problems or questions.

Aspetti negativi:

If a ticket has been passed around a few times it is not easy to see who previously worked on the ticket. The information is displayed in the ticket history but this records everything and can become lengthy on a higher level ticket.

Robert
I.S. Operations Manger (USA)
Ospedali e sistemi sanitari, 1.001-5.000 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Web Help Desk is a highly customizable product for both the client and the technician

5,0 6 anni fa

Commenti: I can control the entire ticketing process. Create approvals and auto escalations. The flexibility is beyond comparison.

Aspetti positivi:

Web Help Desk is so stinking flexible it drives me crazy. Fields can be made hidden, visible, editable at every level of user (client/technician). You can even create your own custom fields. Escalation path, approval processes are all there. You just select what you want to use and how to implement it.

Aspetti negativi:

Web Help Desk is so stinking flexible I some times have trouble keeping track of all the options. I've now manged to turn off a feature that I can't figure out how to turn back on!

Kevin
Ingegneria meccanica o industriale, 201-500 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

We moved from TrackIT! to Web Help Desk, and it is much easier to use overall.

4,0 6 anni fa

Commenti: Easy deployment and configuration. Were also able to use the ticketing system for departments other than IT, such as HR and Maintenance. Our users were also able to adopt Web Help Desk with very little training. For users without an email address in our company WHD gave us a way create users so they could submit tickets, we did not have this option with other software.

Aspetti positivi:

Ease of use and access. Covers everything we need for a small/medium business, and runs great a virtual server. If you buy other products from SolarWinds it integrates with those too. The emailing of tickets is seemless, and it is easy to keep all communications within the tool. Integrates nicely with Active Directory.

Aspetti negativi:

Asset tracking is not as good as other tools. The reporting has a learning curve, and needs to have more options.

Scott
IT Support (USA)
Servizi e tecnologie dell'informazione, 2-10 dipendenti
Ha utilizzato il software per: 6-12 mesi
Fonte della recensione

We use and set up this ticket system several months ago, and very pleased with functionality.

Aspetti positivi:

Easy setup on own server, good customization if your familiar with how java works. Easily add current environment with LDAP detection for domain objects. Can also easily set up assets via wmi, or even straight IP detection.

Aspetti negativi:

We've had a couple issues with software losing license key seeming inexplicably. Resetting and fixing this issue one time was simple fix, the other required a couple days waiting for support to reply, for it needed to be fixed on their end. Only other complaint with company comes in the sales team. Once purchasing a product form them, of which many are great, we all use remote support software from them which is fantastic. However, be expected to be bombarded daily with spam about future products. Also had experience with a slimy sales rep whom called office stating to the receptionist that I had contacted him for help with something. I had not.

Utente Verificato
Implementation & Support Specialist (Pakistan)
Servizi e tecnologie dell'informazione, 51-200 dipendenti

Web Helpdesk from Solarwinds

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: It was an ok tool for me, as I was not working on it as an administrator but for a day to day ticket management, it was very easy to use and our customers were also able to reach out to us with their day to day support queries and we also used it for internal task management.

Aspetti positivi:

The most positive point which I liked about this product was that we were able to use it from anywhere, either when we were on the client-side or in the office. Our work was fieldwork and to have a web-based solution was very helpful to track complaints and provide response to clients and management about the work done.

Aspetti negativi:

I did not use this tool as an administrator, so I am not familiar with its cons, only used for ticket management.

Industria mineraria, 51-200 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Web Help Desk simply put saves your bacon...

Aspetti positivi:

End to end is one of the best Help desk solutions i have used. I find the ticketing straight forward, the asset tracking awesome, the integration with AD and Solarwinds is great, it even does Knowledge base and surveys.

Aspetti negativi:

I wish it did a better job with parent / child tickets. The calendar is kind of pointless. It needs to sync with the technicians Exchange calendar, and there is no customization of the admin interface for like a Skin, you can not for admin purposes change the Logo. The users side can be modified but not admin.

Betsy
IT Support Services (USA)
Istruzione superiore, 501-1.000 dipendenti

Chatham University's use of Web Help Desk

4,0 4 mesi fa

Commenti: Overall, Web Help Desk was great to work with.
It was very user-friendly and had a lot of tools to get our everyday Help Desk job (ticket logging, working, resolution) done very efficiently.
We had a few issues customer-service-wise (not me personally, but co-workers had said they did), and the issue with duplicates in the asset tracking and management did end up creating problems.

Aspetti positivi:

I liked the easy and multiple ways to find a ticket (open or closed). I liked having the options for searching and the advanced search options. I liked being able to add images and documents to each comment. I loved being able to go in and edit individual comments.

Aspetti negativi:

We had the most problems with customer service and asset management.

Curtis
IT Support Manager (USA)
Fonte della recensione

Web Help Desk has worked better than the past ticketing system we have. It does what we at this time

3,0 6 anni fa

Aspetti positivi:

Very easy to users to respond and create tickets. When users create tickets through the website it will list their IP Address of the computer they are using. You can set up a status on a ticket for waiting for a response. After the criteria of your choosing will send users email and after the criteria are met it will auto close the ticket. You can also use multi-approval chain works great. If you have sign off of more than 1 person will generate an email to one and if they approve sends to the other. If any deny in the chain will stop the process. You can also respond to tickets through email which goes directly to the user without having to log into the system.

Aspetti negativi:

There is no true purchase order. It's more like a tracking of POs you already have done in another system. IF you want to use then it has to add make and model. Sometimes when clicking a field it will randomly close and you have to back out the ticket and go back in. When ordering licenses the admin uses up a license. When searching tickets can only search by the last name. If you have assets linked to a user you have to set up manually for each user. The mobile app hasn't been updated for users, so do not use. If you want embedded documents or pictures in the PAQs have to use BBCODE, which if are a busy helpdesk won't have time to create.

6 anni fa

Just wanted to thank you for sharing this honest feedback. Without a doubt, we have some room for improvement, but it's comments like this that keep us on the right path.

Utente Verificato
Lead Network Specialist (USA)

Easy To Setup and Train End Users to Use

Aspetti positivi:

Has tons of features and functionality AND it is easy to setup and utilize all of them. From start to full web help desk completion, it took roughly two weeks (not day to day) and it was fully setup and being used by all company staff to submit tickets, approve tickets, and for tech staff to reply and resolve tickets.

Aspetti negativi:

Depending on how many techs you want to utilize the Web Help Desk it can become pricey. We only had 5-7 techs at any given time so the cost was not that bad.

Francis
Sr. Network Systems Admin. (USA)
, 501-1.000 dipendenti
Fonte: SoftwareAdvice

Solarwinds Web Help Desk Review

4,0 5 anni fa

Commenti: A lightweight combination of help desk and asset management features, SolarWinds Web Help Desk lacks a few features that larger organizations will need, but makes up for it with an easy-to-use user interface. Costwise, it is not very expensive.
Other compeititors such as LANDesk, Track It! are more robust and has more features out of the box. Pricewise, it is a lot cheaper.

Aspetti positivi:

Customers can get up & running in less than four hours. Navigating is easy, with large buttons and text. Scheduling reports is easy and shows a history. It is a web-hosted solution with support.

Aspetti negativi:

It does not track installed licenses. Depreciation is not built in. The application is lack of robust and not very customizable out of the box.

Industria mineraria, 51-200 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

It has the potential to be the best helpdesk software on the market, and currently is really good

5,0 6 anni fa

Commenti: Ability to tranck issues, support users in a timely manor, track time needed for projects to better forecast for future projects, reliability, friendly user interface.

Aspetti positivi:

User interface, integration with other SolarWinds products, Support, ease of install and management.

Aspetti negativi:

It needs some improvements and customization ability. I would like to see a better parent child ticket relationship established. It could improve the custom field settings greatly. Allowing for more of them in other places. Its needs better navigation.

Tom
Beni di consumo, 51-200 dipendenti

Solarwinds Web Help Desk solved multiple issues in our stores

5,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: As the only main IT person in our company, I was riddled with requests for help through the email, phone and in person.
With the Solarwinds Web Help Desk, everything is ticketed, rated and responded to by urgency need. Also, when I contact support on our software programs, I can put the replies directly into the ticket and respond to the associate who wrote the ticket with up to date progress.

Aspetti positivi:

Quick to set up. Easy to operate. All users have access to their tickets

Aspetti negativi:

Reports are rough to use, however I have been able to understand them after a while.

Caleb
Junior Developer (USA)
Servizi e tecnologie dell'informazione, 501-1.000 dipendenti

Web Help Desk - Powerful IT Ticketing System

4,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: Our company was in need of a management system to track employee changes and termination for auditing purposes. Web Help Desk so far is doing a pretty good job at automating the tickets and routing to the required departments and individuals.

Aspetti positivi:

Web Help Desk - is known to be a very powerful IT ticketing system which can also be used to manage IT assets. It is a simple and easy to use software for both the IT team and the end-users, which helps to resolve service desk reported or submitted issues fast and in return will make both users a happy camper. Web Help Desk service management tool takes the hassle and worries out of manually creating and routing tickets. Every Incident creation, escalation and task assignment are properly tracked throughout the entire process, which is done automatically and in return restores productivity back into the company.

Aspetti negativi:

I believe that the overall configuration process is a bit complicated and would be a plus if it could be made a bit simpler.