Da 15 anni aiutiamo le aziende italiane
a scegliere i migliori software

Informazioni su Solid Edge

Solid Edge fornisce strumenti di progettazione elettrica collaudati nel settore, creati da ingegneri per gli ingegneri, per semplificare la progettazione elettrica.

Ulteriori informazioni su Solid Edge

Aspetti negativi:

Finite Element Analysis (FEA) or stress simulation cannot be done in this software.

Valutazioni di Solid Edge

Punteggio medio

Facilità d'uso
Servizio clienti
4,0
Caratteristiche
Rapporto qualità-prezzo

Lo consiglieresti?

Solid Edge ha una valutazione complessiva di 4,3 stelle su 5, calcolata sulla base di 46 recensioni degli utenti di Capterra.

Hai già usato Solid Edge?

Condividi la tua esperienza con altri acquirenti.

Filtra le recensioni (46)

Sergio
Process Engineer (Italia)
Produzione di apparecchi elettrici/elettronici, 51-200 dipendenti
Ha utilizzato il software per: Prova gratuita

Progettazione 3d alla portata di tutti

4,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: Integrazione di più parti che venivano disegnate singolarmente nell' assieme finale. In questo modo diventano evidenti le migliorie da apportare durante la prima progettazione

Aspetti positivi:

Questo programma con le relative macro aiuta molto durante la progettazione dei singoli elementi e la creazione degli assiemi tra più parti evitando l' esecuzione di errori di quotatura che, gestendo le singole parti sarebbe facile commettere.

Aspetti negativi:

Non ci sono aspetti che non mi hanno soddisfatto, ovviamente bisogna prendere confidenza con le varie selezioni dei comandi per ottenere quanto desiderato

2 anni fa

Thanks so much for your honest review on your experience with Solid Edge! Sergio, it is so wonderful to hear that our free trial offered such a great experience with creating assemblies for you. We will continue to innovate so that we can continue to provide a useful platform for you.

Fonte della recensione

Best to create engineering designs.

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: The solid edge helps us to design our products in 2d and 3d. We use solid edge for doing calculations and analysis of the design.

Aspetti positivi:

The solid edge is a engineering design software which helps to create drawings of parts and assemblies for the production. We can create design in 2d and can do analysis of the design to avoid errors during production. They have a great customer support if we hav any issues.

Aspetti negativi:

No issues were found in our use. But the user interface need to be improved.

2 anni fa

Thanks so much for your honest review on your experience with Solid Edge! It is great to hear that our platform has been so great to help you with your 2D and 3D designing. We will work to continue developing our platform to continue to give you a great experience.

Peter
Owner (Australia)
Design, 2-10 dipendenti

Great CAD software

5,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: I can quickly provide customer solutions, with great quality 2D drawings, 3D models, Video fly-throughs, machine animations, stress and displacement analysis and reverse engineering. This software is critical to my business.

Aspetti positivi:

Solid Edge delivers great results quickly and design changes are very simple. The user interface is simple and clean and you do not need to sort through a hundred buttons to find the function you need. The software is great at importing and exporting other CAD formats. The drawing options are very good and quality drafts are produced in very little time. The software is more powerful and stable than some other brands and the support staff in Australia is fantastic.

Aspetti negativi:

The software installation and updates are a big drama and require technical assistance every time. When a new version comes out I need to allow at least a day before I will be operating again.

Design, 11-50 dipendenti

Solid Edge ST3 Review

2,0 5 anni fa

Commenti: Just being honest with ST3 version, there was just to many bugs. It can’t process to many features or large assemblies. This caused so much lagging. I once waited 10 minutes just to turn a DFT file into a pdf because I wanted color. I shouldn’t have to choose between color and time. Just my opinion. I wouldn’t be to proud of using this software year.

Aspetti positivi:

Okay so just to say, this is for the ST3 Version I used to had. Not the new up to date version I now have, ST9. ST3’s strong point was definitely it’s ability to help our manufacturing shop with sheet metal work. I could make a complicated sheet metal part with good accuracy. With sheet metal factors are always causing problems, this software excells in that area.

Aspetti negativi:

Okay so, when I used the software, the thing that absolutely really bugged me the worst when I was creating an assembly in the “ordered environment” all my features and assembles were based off my parent sketch. As you know, things changed in designs. Well when I change/update my sketch, my assembly would either not change with it, or more commonly, it would just blow up. This would cause me to seriously have to update it manually, hours of work. This happened with large assemblies. (12 or more parts)

3 anni fa

Hello, sorry to hear about the inconvenience that you are facing. The bugs and your problems should have been resolved with our current version.

Ever
Advanced engineer (Messico)
Trasporto aereo/Aviazione, 10.000+ dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Very intuitive and easy to use

Aspetti positivi:

The tools are really easy to find and the visual hints helps a lot. The interface is very intuitive

Aspetti negativi:

It uses more computational resources than other applications but it is worth it

2 anni fa

Ever, thank you so much for your honest review of your Solid Edge experience! As the industry shifts we are glad that your shift to using our platform has proved beneficial for your creations.

Hiran
Hiran
Mechanical Engineer (India)
Settore petrolifero ed energetico, 10.000+ dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

A good mechanical design software tool with 3D Modelling and assembly.

4,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: A PLM software where a user can build an accurate CAD models.

Aspetti positivi:

The User is allowed to do geometry constraint while sketching. The measurement standard can be selected before creation of the sketch. Recording option is helpful to make a video of the workspace. 3D drawing is easily done. 3D model drafting into 2D sheets are done easily with all detailed views. Intelligence in selection of line is helpful when there is difficult in selection of line in sketch.

Aspetti negativi:

We need to purchase the software from a reseller. Customer support need to improve problem-solving skill. The software doesn't run smoothly in a low configured workstation. User interface need to be improved. The software should not proceed for next design steps if there is error in sketching.

3 anni fa

Dear Hiran, thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear, that you like the drawing tools within Solid Edge . If your are an active student, we offer a student edition with a license that does not expire as long as you're an active student. Here is the link: https://www.siemens.com/solid-edge-student

JongHoon
JongHoon
Chief Research Engineer (Corea del Sud)
Settore militare, 1.001-5.000 dipendenti

The Review of Solid Edge

3,0 anno scorso

Commenti: It's a helpful program for both beginners and experts because it's incredibly simple, quick, and easy to create with.

Aspetti positivi:

The software efficiently designs and models components and assemblies, and it operates quickly and smoothly. Solid Edge is simpler to use and learn to use when compared to other CAD software.In order to prevent mistakes during production, we can generate designs in two dimensions and analyze them. If we have any problems, their customer service is excellent.The drawing options are excellent, and quick, high-quality sketches are created. The support team in Australia is excellent, and the software is more robust and stable than some other brands.The finest CAD software for beginners is Solid Edge because of its user-friendly interface and simple-to-understand functionality. You can create 2D to 3D designs with ease.

Aspetti negativi:

The thing that definitely truly bothered me the most when using the software was that all of my features and assemblies were based off of my parent sketch when I was constructing an assembly in the "ordered environment." As you are aware, designs have changed. My assembly would either not change when I updated or changed my sketch, or, more frequently, it would just explode up. I would have to update it manually, which would take hours of labor. This occurred during sizable assemblies.

anno scorso

JongHoon, thank you so much for your honest review of your Solid Edge experience! Hopefully Solid Edge 2023 updates has addressed your previous concerns.

Tomasz
Industry Engneer (Polonia)

Delaval user-Production engineer

5,0 anno scorso

Commenti: I use it every day. So far, I have not encountered any serious problems in operation.

Aspetti positivi:

The software is easy to use, very intuitive, even if you switch from another programming. A lot of options that facilitate fast drawing.

Aspetti negativi:

Some options could work better. For example, cutting several shapes at once in the model - when using the cut tool. Maybe I don't like it because I used to work with other software before and it worked differently.

anno scorso

Tomasz, thank you so much for your honest review of your Solid Edge experience! We're glad to hear that your switch to Solid Edge has been an easy transition for you.

Revanth
Revanth
Application Engineer (India)
Servizi ai consumatori, 51-200 dipendenti
Ha utilizzato il software per: 6-12 mesi

Easy and User friendly Mechanical CAD Software

4,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: As for me It didn't long to learn basic design stuff, because its interface and features are simple yet advanced. 2D documentations, 3D part modelling or Part Assembling, all are quite good and Easy to perform.

Aspetti positivi:

Solid Edge is Simple yet Advanced CAD Software, It is best for beginners because its interface is simple and features are also easy to learn. You can easily Perform 2D to 3D designs. The software runs smooth and fast with effectively designing and Modeling parts and Assemblies. When Compared to other CAD Software, Solid Edge is more easy to use and learn. Their is no doubt with ability of Modeling Features, So Solid Edge is a good Choice.

Aspetti negativi:

More Advanced features are to be introduced which we might see in NX, Catia etc.. I am specially interested in More advanced Assembly mate features, i wanted a Complicated Gear chain mechanism mate assembly, it was quite difficult to assemble it.

3 anni fa

Hey Revanth, thanks for the review. We are delighted to hear that our software has been easy to use and to learn. Regarding your complicated gear chain mechanism mate assembly, perhaps the tutorial I have linked below could further assist you in your efforts. https://solidedge.siemens.com/en/resources/tutorials/. Feel free to also check out this video about Solid Edge Assembly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSK2YJi1q7M&list=RDCMUCYR5Kgzn6suihs56iJ8_vfw&index=9

Khaled
Cnc Workshop Department manager (Egitto)
Materie plastiche, 51-200 dipendenti

easiest 2D 3D CAD , assembly and standard parts program

5,0 12 mesi fa

Commenti: I used solid Edge for more 15 years it is best CAD Drawing software

Aspetti positivi:

what is best and easy i like it in solid Edge is 2D drawing cad tools , 3D tools , Selecting plane and surface and assembling

Aspetti negativi:

I dislike error message without troubleshooting or giving more information to solve

Solid Edge

5,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: Very useful for making 3d parts for another distributions in Engineering.

Aspetti positivi:

Very useful and good for engineers. Making 2d and 3d drawings.

Aspetti negativi:

Sometimes few bugs with saving drawing (2d) on pdf.

2 anni fa

Thank you so much for your honest review of your Solid Edge experience! We´re glad you find it useful. Your comments about the bugs will be communicated to our development team.

Servizi di informazione, 11-50 dipendenti

Useful 3D designing software for basic designing

4,0 5 anni fa

Commenti: As a freelancer I have used Solid edge for sheet metal designing and the features are very impressive and helpful. It allowed me to design any given model in no time. Recommended for designs with less designing and simple sheet metal designs.

Aspetti positivi:

1. Easy to learn 2. Designer with basic designing knowledge can grasp the features of software quickly 3. Assembly of CAD models is easier and convenient as compared to other softwares 4. Very fast software which helps in quicker designing of models.

Aspetti negativi:

1.3D to 2D converter is moderate with few features missing in comparison with other softwares of this caliber. 2.Supported file formats are also no great in comparison with other softwares 3. User interface with menus are a little too cramped up and completely user friendly

3 anni fa

Thank you for your review of Solid Edge. We are happy to hear, that Solid Edge is suitable for your sheet metal design efforts. We are working on more features, supported file formats and interface improvements. Check out our latest version, it addresses most of your cons: https://solidedge.siemens.com/en/. Perhaps this tutorial helps you convert your 2D drafts into 3D models: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwMGdS1SYDg

Krupal
Student (Canada)
Design, 201-500 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

My personal review on working with Solid-edge

Aspetti positivi:

User friendly, easy to use especially in the mechanical transformer field, I used to use this software for making enclosure of transformers. Mechanical design is very easy to understand. We can connect this to excel and make modifications accordingly.

Aspetti negativi:

Takes time to open, some errors are unrecoverable.

2 anni fa

Krupal, thank you so much for your honest review of your Solid Edge experience! We will continue to keep the platform as user friendly as possible and continue providing a platform that you enjoy using for your mechanical design efforts.

Chanderkiran
Digital Manufacturing Consultant (India)
Settore automobilistico, Lavoratore autonomo
Fonte della recensione

How to select Engineering Design and Manufacturing software?

4,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: I have used for simple to mid level of designing mainly. For high end desiging I moved to Unigraphics. Solid Edge was very easy to create assembly manuals for servicing, prodcut catralogs etc. It is a excellent tool for creating individual components of a complex assembly.

Aspetti positivi:

Solid Edge is reasonablly priced software. It has excellent integration with next high end software called Unigraphics. Hence designing using a easy interface of Solid Edge one can take the same data into Unographics for advance functionalities like creating digital manufacturing data, high end analysis, live simulation, Aesthetic presentation.

Aspetti negativi:

It lacks few surfacing functionalities. It the 3D solid model becomes large it demands hgiugh resources to function properly.

2 anni fa

Chanderkiran, thank you so much for your honest review of your Solid Edge experience! We're so excited that we have been an asset in your design process and the ease of use with Unigraphics have helped you. For further help with the surfacing portion please refer to this tutorial as it may be of some interest for you: - https://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/training/se/en/ST5/pdf/spse01560-s-1050_en.pdf

Joel
Joel
Administrative Secretary (Ghana)
Servizi ai consumatori, 11-50 dipendenti

Solid Edge for CAD Designs for Engineers and More

3,0 anno scorso

Commenti: I am able to evaluate designs for performance, safety, and durability using simulation and analytical tools.

Aspetti positivi:

Solid Edge enables real-time project collaboration amongst teams, enabling teammates to work on the same file at once.

Aspetti negativi:

Although Solid Edge is user-friendly, it can take some time to become proficient with all of its features and functions.

anno scorso

Joel, thank you so much for your honest review of your Solid Edge experience! It is great to hear that you're able to take advantage of the many features of Solid Edge.

Industria edilizia, 501-1.000 dipendenti

3D Modeling Application

4,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: it can be used as a full solution for modeling and machine design containing modeling, simulation and animation.

Aspetti positivi:

it is very good in 3D modeling for machine design and part drawing. Also it can be used for simulation and stress analysis which is very good feature that add to the value of the application.

Aspetti negativi:

2D drawing is not good. I think it is specialized in modeling so it is not concerning the civil drawing and 2d drawings.

2 anni fa

Thank you so much for your honest review of your Solid Edge experience! It is great that we can assist in the creation of full solutions for modeling and machine design. Please refer to this link for a quick tutorial on 2D drawing that could hopefully improve your experience using it: - https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/data_services/resources/se/107/help/en_US/selfPacedExt/sbddadr/index.html

Ramon
Financial Specialist (USA)
Servizi finanziari, 10.000+ dipendenti

Great starter CAD program

4,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: It was my first step into CAD, and while it was tough to do anything at first, I came away from it with the ability to make all sorts of ideas come to life on my screen. This is a good tool for anyone who needs to get into CAD.

Aspetti positivi:

You can create custom parts in solid edge and have them made and shipped to you with all sorts of different materials to choose from. If you know what you are doing, you can design things of incredible complexity by stringing together part files.

Aspetti negativi:

There is definitely a learning curve, as with any CAD program, and it is going to take time for a beginner to learn how to manipulate things the way that they want to. For example, it took me a long time to figure out how to make a wire that corkscrews around a curved line, and none of my teachers knew how to so I ended up getting somewhere close to what I wanted after watching countless videos on it.

3 anni fa

Dear Ramon, thank you for choosing Solid Edge as your first CAD tool. Our Tutorials might help you to move forward using Solid Edge and to learn about all the integrated features. I have included the link in here: https://solidedge.siemens.com/en/resources/tutorials/

Scott
Mechanical Engineer (Australia)
Industria mineraria, 1.001-5.000 dipendenti

Best All Round 3D Software that you can own outright

4,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: Solid edge in my opinion would be more successful if they lowered the price slightly, offered a 2 year free maintenance period, and then ask you as new features come out about a 1 off fee. There are lots of small businesses who would prefer to own the software.

Aspetti positivi:

I own it. Yes it needs a maintenance fee for upgrades, but if i had no intention of ever upgrading the software then there are no ongoing fees. Inventor is a 365day user license. I am not a fan of those programs.

Aspetti negativi:

If you do want to upgrade from say ST8 to ST11 or some thing like that, they make you pay the maintenance fees for the years you didn't use it. That to me is outrageous. They should treat you like a new customer and just pay a one off new software fee.

anno scorso

Scott, thank you so much for your honest review of your Solid Edge experience! Your concerns will be communicated with the product development team.

Sudipto
Product Manager (India)
Gestione formativa, 11-50 dipendenti
Ha utilizzato il software per: 6-12 mesi

Good CAD tool

Aspetti positivi:

•This application has a very good user interface, regardless of whether it is used in a classic or order environment.•Geometric tolerances and symbols can be assigned to any dimension in 2D or drafting. It is possible to choose from a variety of options.•In other applications, you can easily open .stp files and convert files into step files.•A 2D drawing can be modified after a 3D drawing has been converted to 2D. Detailed views and cross-sections can also be added.•There is no need to create holes in order to make threads.

Aspetti negativi:

•Directly creating holes in the curved and cylindrical surface is not possible. For this first, we have to create a plane, then we can create holes.•If you create a drawing in synchronous mode, extrude it, and then alter the drawing later, no modifications will be made to the extruded parts.•They have a somewhat complex pattern command.

anno scorso

Sudipto, thank you so much for your honest review of your Solid Edge experience! We're so happy to hear that you've enjoyed the user interface and all of it's features! As for creating holes, maybe this link here: community.sw.siemens.com/s/question/0D54O000061xcZaSAI/creating-positioned-holes-through-a-cylinders-mantle

Godwin Appiah
mechanical engineer (Qatar)
Ingegneria meccanica o industriale, 51-200 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Best value for money CAD softwares.

5,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: Solid Edge is one of the best CAD softwares.

Aspetti positivi:

It is easy to understand, the user interface is wonderful and is very easy to use. It gives an in depth knowledge of designing of products. It helps to render products in real time manner. The ease of modifying parts and the interface

Aspetti negativi:

It is respond slower as compare to solidworks

2 anni fa

Hi Godwin Appiah, we´re glad to read that your experience with Solid Edge has been great! Our newest version has more than 500 enhancements delivering a faster response. Thank you for your review!

Kemal
Engineering Manager (UK)
Settore automobilistico, 2-10 dipendenti

A Good 3D Design Tool

5,0 5 anni fa

Aspetti positivi:

It has a user friendly interface that doesn't harm your eyes.

Aspetti negativi:

Some command buttons can't be find easily, you have to dig into to find the hidden buttons

Carlos
Product Manager (Portogallo)
Ingegneria meccanica o industriale, 11-50 dipendenti

O CAD 3D mais inovador e com melhor relação qualidade/preço do mercado

5,0 8 mesi fa

Aspetti positivi:

A facilidade de utilização, as poderosas ferramentas de superfícies, o modo chapa que é o melhor do mercado, a Tecnologia Síncrona e o excelente modo 2D.

Aspetti negativi:

Não existirem tantos recursos disponíveis na net.

Jeisson
engineer (Colombia)
Ingegneria meccanica o industriale, 2-10 dipendenti

Solid Edge Review

5,0 anno scorso

Commenti: in general, the design process with solid edge is faster and efficient. so it helps to improve the company in many areas

Aspetti positivi:

the syncronous module is the best. the design process is faster

Aspetti negativi:

Maybe, Solid edge is the most complex software to use compared to its competition

anno scorso

Jeisson, thank you so much for your honest review of your Solid Edge experience! It is great to hear Solid Edge's efficiency has helped improve your company.

Alaa
CAD CAD Designer (Giordania)
Ospedali e sistemi sanitari, 11-50 dipendenti

Very good 3D model from great Company

5,0 11 mesi fa

Commenti: Solid Edge is the best solution for those who use Siemens devices.

Aspetti positivi:

Solid Edge has many good things like user-friendly and having a wide range of functions, but it actually I most liked was the integration with Siemens peripheral tools

Aspetti negativi:

Solid Edge has a limitation with file types.

Karen
Professor (Brasile)
Gestione formativa, Lavoratore autonomo
Fonte della recensione

I like Solid Edge because I can draw in 3D easily and quickly.

5,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: An excellent software for drawings. Anyone can make simple drawings without the need for prior training. Widely used to get students started in 3D drawing. Simple and dynamic interface, accessible and easy to use for the basic functions.

Aspetti positivi:

The ease of use, the possibility to paint the surfaces with colors and materials, and many other different functions.

Aspetti negativi:

The parts for advanced drawings require a professional course to be able to use.

2 anni fa

Karen, thank you so much for your honest review of your Solid Edge experience! It is great that you have found benefits using the 3D drawing capabilities within Solid Edge.