Recensioni su Voting 4 Schools

Informazioni su Voting 4 Schools

Voting 4 Schools is an online voting software for any school wide elections or nominations that you want to conduct online.

Ulteriori informazioni su Voting 4 Schools

Aspetti positivi:

The ease of use and intuitiveness of the software sets it apart.

Valutazioni di Voting 4 Schools

Punteggio medio

Facilità d'uso
Servizio clienti
4,9
Caratteristiche
Rapporto qualità-prezzo

Lo consiglieresti?

Voting 4 Schools ha una valutazione complessiva di 4,9 stelle su 5, calcolata sulla base di 26 recensioni degli utenti di Capterra.

Filtra le recensioni (26)

Valutazione del prodotto

Valutazione del prodotto

Paesi

Paesi

Ordina per

Hai già usato Voting 4 Schools?

Condividi la tua esperienza con altri acquirenti.

Filtra le recensioni (26)

Justin A.
Justin A.
Assistant Principal (USA)
Utente LinkedIn Verificato

The BEST software for K-12 School Based Elections

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: Voting4Schools is an excellent solution for school based elections. There are other options out there, but for the price and feature set, V4S is absolutely number 1.

Aspetti positivi:

Voting4Schools has grown a lot over the years. The best features are that it allows for timed elections (with pre scheduled start and end times) and that you can create voting groups to specify who can vote in a given election. Pre-flight mode is also extremely useful for testing your election to be sure it’s set up as intended.

Aspetti negativi:

There may be a slight learning curve with importing student data, but once you learn how to access your school data in an excel format, and get it loaded into the system, the rest of the process is extremely intuitive.

Barbara A.
Teacher/Student Council Advisor (USA)
Gestione formativa, 11-50 dipendenti

Alternative considerate:

Simplified School Voting

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: Voting4Schools has made my job as Student Council advisor so much easier! When I took over the group, voting was done with paper ballots that had to be hand counted. While our student population is not big, the whole process was time-consuming and costly; if a student's name was inadvertently left off a ballot, all the forms had to be recopied and the election re-run, wasting paper and taking away valuable class time. Now, I can simply reset the election and students can vote whether they are in school or not. In addition to the time and cost savings of not running copies, I appreciate the level of security with each student having their own login and only being able to vote once. The only downfall has been cost; many schools in my area run elections through Google Forms because they can do that for free. We have continued to squeeze out the money in our budget for Voting4Schools because of the security and overall ease of use.

Aspetti positivi:

- Convenience of voting wherever and whenever - Available app to simplify student voting - Security (individual logins and single-time voting) - Ability to update students in batches - Ease of entry of student information - Ability to copy previous elections to simplify set-up

Aspetti negativi:

- Cost is a challenge for our small, rural school (we have no financial support from our school; all funds are generated by Student Council fundraising)

2 anni fa

Thanks for your feedback. The thing to be careful with if trying to use Google forms is that there is no way to lock down who can actually fill out the forms. We have recently had more and more schools come to us lately saying they tried to use Google forms, but ended up in a mess because students shared the form with other students that were not supposed to vote and as long as they have a district email address they can get in and vote. Google does not import student rosters so anyone with a district email address (students from all grade levels in your school, students from other schools and teachers) could once they have access to the Google form.

Stephanie S.
Teacher/student council advisor (USA)
Istruzione primaria/secondaria, 51-200 dipendenti

Voting in digital age

4,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: I will continue to use this software as long as the price stays within the budget of my school organization. We take votes of up to 2000 students at a time and so far it has been a time saver.

Aspetti positivi:

I like the time savings I have gained compared to when I would hold class elections and count votes by hand. This saves me time and money in the long run.

Aspetti negativi:

There are some limitations to the ballot process and I have had some programming error due to getting our school information into the software. How our system sends the student information doesn’t always load error free.

2 anni fa

We do our best to keep the cost of the software reasonably priced and especially with the pandemic we are in, We understand the situation schools are in right now and doing our best to help out. As for your file, next time you go to upload your students, can you please send us the file and let us know what student information system you are using. Most schools are easily able to output this simple file in the format that can be uploaded so we want to see what we can do to help and ensure the data goes in correctly.

Jennifer L.
Librarian (USA)
Istruzione primaria/secondaria, 501-1.000 dipendenti

Makes School Elections a Breeze

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: It has freed up a lot of time for us. We have one voting mechanism that ALL elections run through, from club officer elections to teacher of the year voting for the staff. We've used it for everything. The simple fact that I don't have to spend time counting ballots is a time saver. In the first year, I had a couple of instances of needing customer support because something wasn't working just right and I appreciated speaking to a real person in real time and having a quick solution.

Aspetti positivi:

Voting4Schools is incredibly easy to set up from the first log in. From loading in our student and staff population to creating, editing, and running elections, the election process is a breeze. The variety of options for setting up the logistics (dates, times, eligible voters, etc) makes it simple to customize each election for a specific group or time period. I can "set it and walk away."

Aspetti negativi:

My only dislike is the way we port in passwords. Ours have an @ symbol and sometimes start with a zero. The import mechanism doesn't like either of those. I do spend some time at the beginning of the year editing our file to avoid that, but it also means having to train our kids that THIS is the only thing we use at school with a completely different password.

2 anni fa

Sorry to hear you had a challenge with passwords. Please let us know the next time you have to upload your students. If you leave the box unchecked that says passwords are dates it will let you import an @ symbol.

Brian H.

Alternative considerate:

Worry Free Voting Software!

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: The main problem or advantage I've been able to solve is accessibility for all students. Especially in today's world (with the pandemic), it's nice to have a trusted platform that will allow me to conduct elections, surveys, etc. with confidence.

Aspetti positivi:

I have used voting4schools for 9 years now, and I've always been impressed by their customer service, their regular updates and innovations, and most of all, their dependability. The software was developed by former teachers and that is reflected in its practical application, no-nonsense organization, affordable price point, easy accessibility for students and teachers, and its excellent organization of data. I have looked at a few alternatives, and it's hard to beat a company that does it all so well.

Aspetti negativi:

I'm used to it now, but there is a bit of learning curve when it comes to figuring out how to upload names at the beginning of the school year. Also, having to resize pictures (for uploading pictures) can be frustrating, but I'm that may just be on the kids who submit overly large photo sizes.

2 anni fa

Wow, 9 years... You have seen a lot of changes in our application. I hope you like some of the new enhancements we are working on this summer to make things even easier for students.

Steve L.
Teacher, club sponsor (USA)
Fonte della recensione

Makes my life sooo much easier

Aspetti positivi:

I use this software to hold elections and votes on issues in my extremely large (5000+) suburban high school. Voting4schools provides me with a robust platform that allows me to tailor the vote to picking single candidates (Senior Class President), picking blocks of candidates (homecoming court), ranking of candidates (prom themes). It is simple to use, I have complete vote security, and it even provides me tools to investigate allegations of voter fraud. Because I can set it for a dedicated start/stop time, it frees me to do the 1000 other responsibilities I have to attend to without worrying about compromising the voting process. The price is very affordable, and when I have needed customer support, I've had excellent response. It is one of the few things in teacher's world that works as advertised.

Aspetti negativi:

It is a bit of complicated process to load my voting populations, requiring excel spreadsheets and the use of de-limiting. Building by user IDs takes a bit of math. That is really a function of the steps we use to ensure voter security, but it would be helpful to make building voting population more "cut and paste"

2 anni fa

Thanks for sharing. Would love to hear more about what you are doing with the de-limiting and excel. I have not heard that anyone had to do that with our software. Please reach out to us before your next election, I am sure there is something we can do to make the process smoother for you.

Stephanie R.
Asst. Director of Student Activities (USA)

Makes Voting Easy!

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: Voting4Schools, especially with the ability to upload from Excel files, has made it so we don't have to struggle with giving students access to voting. I also really like that we can upload at the beginning of the year and the system updates the entries instead of duplicating them. It just makes it so much easier to move to the next school year.

Aspetti positivi:

We have used Voting4Schools for our Homecoming Court, ASB, and Class Council elections for years now and they have made getting results much faster. It also eliminates our use of Scantrons to complete voting, so every vote gets counted. We are happy with Voting4Schools!

Aspetti negativi:

I always run into problems with uploading pictures--the files are often "too big", but also inconsistent with how big a file needs to be to upload.

2 anni fa

For the student pictures, usually the picture company will provide you with a set of smaller file size pictures. Having smaller pictures will also make the page load faster for students. Can you send one of your pictures to [email protected] so we can see how large of a picture you are uploading?

Ann L.
Learning Design Coach (USA)
Fonte della recensione

Best thing I ever purchased for our student council.

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: I don't know what I would do without it.

Aspetti positivi:

We use it for so many things: Homecoming Court, Class Officer Elections, Prom Court, Outstanding Senior, Senior Superlatives, Teacher of the Year. It saves us so much time in creating and counting ballots. On top of that, students can only vote one time, no worries about cheating. I also like that the election is tailored to the student. For example, a 10th grader, can only vote for the elections set for them.

Aspetti negativi:

The only problem we had was we used it for senior superlatives. The category was BFF and students picked two.... we didn't think that it would give us the top two vote getters inside of the pair of BFFa. I wish we had a way to choose two and have them be a pair. This was a problem with our planning more than the problem with the software.

2 anni fa

Thanks for the feedback. Next time you do an election for the BFF Pairs let us know and we can help you set that up so it works the way you intended it to.

John B.
Student Council Advisor (USA)
Istruzione primaria/secondaria, 201-500 dipendenti

Voting 4 Schools Review

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: This allowed a secure and easy way to allow students to vote remotely from home so we could still have the class elections even though we were not physically in school.

Aspetti positivi:

The ease of use and intuitiveness of the software sets it apart. We used it first when our in-person elections were forced to go virtual due to COVID-19. We I consider a complicated election process with three different grades (each of about 800 students) each having two different elections simultaneously on the same day. This product worked flawlessly so each student only had the ability to vote in their grade's election. I expected some bugs, but the only bugs were students who could not read and enter their birth date as their password correctly. The ease of use allowed me to convince the school to purchase the software going forward whether we are remote or in person in the future.

Aspetti negativi:

The only feature I'd like to see that was not included would be the ability to order multiple votes (in our case offices) in the order we'd like them. We would like voting arranged in order of importance and it defaults to alphabetical.

2 anni fa

I am glad this helped out during COVID-19. If I understand what you correctly you want to sort the candidate positions in a specific order? If that is the case it can be done by putting a number in front like 1. President, 2. Vice President. We can look into other options like manually setting the order, but would want to know if that solution works for you. Please let us know or if you are referring to something else in the system.

Heide G.
Teacher/Student Govt Advisor (USA)
Istruzione primaria/secondaria, Lavoratore autonomo
Fonte della recensione

Best software for schools!

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: The benefits of Voting 4 Schools have been tremendous. I would highly recommend this product to any school.

Aspetti positivi:

Voting 4 Schools has been a dream come true for my school! I use it for school elections, surveys and more! It is reasonably priced, easy to use and has reduced the amount of time I have had to spend with paper ballots. I also appreciate that I can set up an election to automatically start on a future date and time. The results are easy to read along with reports.

Aspetti negativi:

There are no features that I feel are missing or could be improved.

2 anni fa

When I read your review it just warmed my heart. Thank you for the kind words I will make sure our hard-working team hears the impact they are having on schools.

Mindy C.
Math Teacher (USA)
Gestione formativa, 201-500 dipendenti

Time and Money Saver

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: Can't say enough about how great this program is for school voting. I am so happy that I decided to try technology to make our elections easier and more secure!

Aspetti positivi:

This program has saved me countless hours of counting ballots and printing ballots. I use this software quite frequently for all of the voting that we doing in our school building. Before I had to design a ballot, copy a ballot, distribute and collect the ballots and then suffer through all of the counting. All of of this work and let's be honest, how secure and accurate was it. Now once I get my spread sheet all together it is a just a few clicks of a mouse to upload it and then from there creating an election or survey is an absolute breeze. The security is also a great feature. I have used how it collects email/ip addresses to determine that students were not being honest in the voting process. I can't imagine doing my job without it now. Thanks Voting 4 Schools!

Aspetti negativi:

Took me a little while to get the spreadsheet in the correct format, but now that I have been doing it for years the process is very easy.

2 anni fa

So happy to hear we gave you some of your time back from having to count ballots.

John D.
Fonte della recensione

Online voting is safe, secure and simple with Voting 4 Schools!

4,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: We have loved using Voting4Schools for our campus elections, and senior superlatives, senior songs, Officer elections and more. Students have found it easy and clear. In addition, it has security so that students can't vote as another student, and if they try, it is easy to track.

Aspetti positivi:

Quick, easy setup, easy for voters to vote, secure tracking of voters, multiple ways to list candidates.

Aspetti negativi:

Visually looks old school, would like to be able to upload emails and auto-send reminders to those who haven't voted.

2 anni fa

That is a great suggestion. We are working on a mass email function now for release this school year and love the idea of doing a follow-up email for those that did not yet vote. If you have any other suggestions we would love your feedback.

Stephen W.

Student Council Use of Voting 4 Schools

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: I have our district IT department load all of the students at the beginning of the year by grade and we good to go for everything we do. For high profile elections (like class officers or student council officers) it is really nice to have a bio that we can attach to the photo and the name of the candidate.

Aspetti positivi:

This has been such a time-saver and a help in running elections at our school from student council to Homecoming Court. Imagine having the junior class select their 10 senators by allowing 10 votes that can be given to any 10 students in their class. We can list all of these students (with a photo!) and have the vote counting done by Voting 4 Schools. We set the window for voting. Students use their laptops or phones and can vote at any time of day.

Aspetti negativi:

We have not run into any issues. Perhaps the ability to run multiple elections with DIFFERENT instructions might come in handy.

Danny L.

Great Program for Voting

Aspetti positivi:

I love to use this program for school elections. It it very easy to generate detailed reports and very user friendly.

Aspetti negativi:

There is not a way to stop a student from voting from the same IP address but the good thing is that you can generate a report that shows what IP address each person used to vote.

2 anni fa

We have looked into and can easily put a block to only allow one vote per IP address but that leaves a few issues. 1. If anyone is voting from the school internet then only 1 vote can happen from the school. 2. If a student allows another student to vote using their phone, then they would not be able to do that. Please reach out to us [email protected] so we can pick up the conversation and if this can really work we would be glad to add in some new functionality.

Danny F.
Istruzione superiore, 51-200 dipendenti

Excellent product

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: It has been such a great product, definitely a worthwhile expense.

Aspetti positivi:

Software4schools is an amazing product! It has made school voting very easy and extremely effective. We use it for any voting that is used

Aspetti negativi:

My least favorite thing was that the we couldn't do write in, but they changed that so I have nothing right now!

Liz H.
Secretary and Board Member (USA)
Gestione formativa, 2-10 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Voting4 Schools made elections easy!

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: I am very pleased with what Voting4Schools had to offer. I was apprehensive about my first time running and election, but this program made it a breeze. I can't say enough about both the people and the program. Very satisfied and I look forward to next year's election to see how the program has improved even more!

Aspetti positivi:

This software was easy to set up, and two staff members were readily available to answer questions and make sure there were not flaws in my process. I felt very supported. Every step of the process was simple and straightforward. I was able to see progress in the election, who had voted and what the results were via user friendly and accessible reports.

Aspetti negativi:

It took a bit of time to get members input and send their user IDs and passwords to them, but I look forward to future updates in the program to make a communication piece that is as intuitive as the rest of the program. I don't believe emailing is currently a feature, or if it is, I didn't use it.

2 anni fa

Thank you and we look forward to our continued partnership with CUE

Sarah M.
Istruzione primaria/secondaria, 51-200 dipendenti

Definite must have!

Aspetti positivi:

We purchased this to use as a real world concept to the voting process at our school. Elections were foolproof to set up, and even easier to edit. Results are displayed in every way imaginable for the most accurate numbers.

Aspetti negativi:

The usernames/passwords are the hardest to set up and get rolled out to the students. Anything new is going to have a learning curve. Once students figured out the process, it was good!

2 anni fa

So glad to hear our software working well in your school. We are working on some new integrations that will make the sign-in process much easier for students. We will send out a notice to all users once that is released.

Kelley D.
Gestione formativa, 501-1.000 dipendenti

No Stress Elections

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: Lots of options available. I LOVE being able to include a small blurb from each of the candidates and being able to include their photos on the ballot. That really helps the students who are voting, to make an accurate decision.

Aspetti positivi:

This software is user friendly for the students when they log-in to vote which is the most important feature to me as an advisor. The next most important thing is the ease of set-up. Lastly, customer support is critical to me. I want the security of knowing I can contact someone in a timely manner if I have a question about setting up an election OR if a problem occurs during an election.

Aspetti negativi:

There was a slight learning curve, for example uploading student files so the student body names and student numbers were stored on the site. I'm not sure that's a software problem, I always feel uncertain when I have to upload the csv file (are those the correct letter?)

Patricia R.
Istruzione primaria/secondaria, 201-500 dipendenti

School Necessity

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: I enjoy using Voting 4 Schools because it makes my job easier. Quick email responses to questions and friendly knowledgeable people.

Aspetti positivi:

User friendly product. Easy to create elections with real time results.

Aspetti negativi:

At time difficult for teens to log in. Multiple schools with similar names so students get frustrated during log in.

2 anni fa

Just so you know we have a new release coming out this next year that is going to make it easier for students to log-in. We will let you know when it goes live. Thanks for the feedback.

Cherryl S.
Media Tech (USA)
Istruzione primaria/secondaria, 11-50 dipendenti
Ha utilizzato il software per: 6-12 mesi

Easy School Elections!

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: Everything about using this product was easy. I was able to download the product and upload students and create an election. This product has made my job so much easier! Thank you!

Aspetti positivi:

Our school needed something to run our elections virtually and Voting 4 School ran so smoothly. Students were able to vote using their computers, iPads or phone. I was also able to make sure only our students voted and they only voted once. So easy!

Aspetti negativi:

Everything was very easy to do from the uploads to the student accounts to the voting. Love using Voting 4 Schools!

Ken C.
ASB Director (USA)
Dispositivi medici, 51-200 dipendenti

Easy and Effective Voting software

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: I can’t believe Schools run paper ballot elections with this software out there

Aspetti positivi:

I like that students can log in on their phones and vote in our elections easily. I can have voting extend right up to the time we announce king and queen. I don’t have to count ballots, and since it is electronic with a “paper trail” voting is secure and no one questions the outcomes

Aspetti negativi:

I honestly can’t think of something about this product that would be a con

Lacee M.

La Cueva High School

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: It has saved our voting at the high school level taking my hands off so I am not accused of tampering with results of Homecoming Court - blah

Aspetti positivi:

Easy to set up and import candidates/pictures. Easy to read reports

Aspetti negativi:

Students sometimes have a hard time with the date password- even when we tell them exactly what to do.

2 anni fa

Thanks for the feedback, we are working on some new ways to get students logged in that will make things much easier. We will keep you posted when this comes out.

Christine B.
Learning Design Coach (USA)

School Use of Voting 4 Schools

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: It is a great product that we will continue to purchase.

Aspetti positivi:

We have been using this product for over three years for a variety of student and staff voting opportunities. It has been so easy to set up, manage and get results. The ease for our voting users is exactly what we were looking for.

Aspetti negativi:

As of now, we have not experienced any cons.

Brandi J.
Student Activities Director (USA)
Ha utilizzato il software per: 6-12 mesi

Voting 4 School Saved Me So Much Time

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: LOVE. I absolutely love this software. I am looking forward to using it again this year. It will save me so much time and will make our school elections more reliable.

Aspetti positivi:

Voting 4 Schools saved me over 12 hours of work near the end of our school year. It is amazing and is very easy to use. I have been telling all of my friends who work at other schools about how life changing it can be for their activities. The two times I needed tech support, they were there for me and did a great job in fixing the situation.

Aspetti negativi:

Nothing. Everything is amazing. I have no issues with this product.

2 anni fa

Thanks for your kind words. I will for sure share that with our team :)

Angel S.
teacher (USA)

Franklin Student Council

5,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: It is good and I would recommend to others.

Aspetti positivi:

It is easy to use and the kids love it. It also does all the data side for you!!

Aspetti negativi:

Sometimes uploading the excel info was difficult, computer issues.