Valutazioni medie

• Nel complesso
  • Servizio clienti

Informazioni su Basecamp

Basecamp è stato scelto da milioni di utenti e ordina in un unico posto tutto ciò di cui hai bisogno per svolgere il tuo lavoro.

Ulteriori informazioni su Basecamp

Stai visualizzando 12.207 recensioni

Samuel N.
student
Architettura e urbanistica, 2-10 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 8/7/2020

"sam"

Commenti: davvero emozionante

Vantaggi: molto insteressante e molto pratico nel tutto

Inconvenienti: e ad anche un suo sito che si collega in tutte

• Data della recensione: 8/7/2020
Brandon S.
Marketing Content Manager
Biotecnologie, 501-1.000 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 7/1/2020

"Not a Swiss Army Knife, But Offers Extreme Value"

Commenti: I've used Basecamp for more than 10 years and it has worked with me through three different positions in the three different industries. Their onboarding tools and support team offers a lot of immediate help when you need it. I'm definitely an evangelist for this platform.

Vantaggi: Basecamp 3 offers an intuitive platform and interface for project and operational collaboration across a wide distributed team. It's easy to onboard new team members both inside and outside the organization. The flat-rate price is a steal compared to all of its competitors.

Inconvenienti: Basecamp does not try to be all things to all people, which is a blessing and a curse. There are dozens of other features offered by other platform that are not offered by Basecamp. So if those features are critical, you may have to turn to one of the API-driven integrations for a separate fee.

• Data della recensione: 7/1/2020
Ryan W.
Marketing Director
Marketing e pubblicità, 501-1.000 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 11/4/2020

"Basecamp allows me to track my team's progress easily and efficiently"

Commenti: I've used Basecamp for my team for several years now. The communications solutions, file management services and archival features are all excellent. As an administrator and user, I highly recommend Basecamp for any organization with several ongoing and simultaneous projects.

Vantaggi: Basecamp is a project management solution that allows me to stay on top of my team's projects with ease. Projects can be categorized and organized so that only members working on a particular project are exposed to the communications and back and forth. We use Basecamp as our primary solution because it is easy to implement and onboard, simple to use and has a robust set of features that are among the best in the industry for what we need.

Inconvenienti: My only complaint is that the different versions of Basecamp have different features. For example, the version we use does not allow for time tracking. While this is not necessary, as we don't bill out by the quarter hour, it would be a nice feature that would allow me to better understand how long certain tasks take my team members. If Basecamp had universal features across all versions, this would be a miracle solution.

• Data della recensione: 11/4/2020
Jonathan B.
Lead Engineer
Software informatici, Lavoratore autonomo
  • Data della recensione: 31/8/2020

"Great choice for team discussion, file sharing and basic task tracking"

Commenti: Our overall experience has been great. We were using a custom-built tool for team communication, but ultimately decided that Basecamp just has more features and will save us a lot of cash in the long run versus building the tool ourselves. It's nice that there is a flat charge for the service, instead of charging by the user like some other services do. This saves us a considerable amount of money.

Vantaggi: It was very easy to setup and get going. We just invited our team members in with each of their email addresses and it handled the rest. Our entire team found it easy to create their account or do a social login. We use it primarily as a message board and chat system on our team. I really like how the entire message board is searchable, which is useful for finding things later on. "Remember when we talked about XYZ", and you can just search for XYZ and it shows up quickly. The calendar and file sharing has also come in handy for simple things, though it's not as robust as using something like Google Calendar or Google Drive. Basecamp also has a useful API that we've used to pull some data out of their system and display it in our other systems. The mobile app works great. It's probably one of the best designed apps I've ever used, to be honest. It makes it easy to talk with the team while on-the-go.

Inconvenienti: I was hoping for some kind of wiki system to be included with Basecamp. You can kinda make up your own wiki using specific categories on the message board and file sharing, but it's not quite the same. A wiki would be really helpful for internal documentation.

• Data della recensione: 31/8/2020
Regina M.
Design Manager
Istruzione superiore, 51-200 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 3/4/2020

"Adequate, better than nothing"

Commenti: Adequate, at best. Better than nothing. More work than it should be, after 5 years of use. I'm not sure this is the best product for as many users and as many projects as we have... maybe ok for a handful of users/customers and 5-10 projects at a time.

Vantaggi: It's better than an excel spreadsheet. I consider it to be a 'starter' PMS. Sort of like a starter home, or first car (if you're parents aren't rich).

Inconvenienti: None of our users can use it properly no matter how many times I instruct them, send them cheat sheets, walk them through the process, justify my requirements for how to use it properly. There's too many places for users to put things, too many ways to make it confusing. Nobody seems to be able to find a thread to continue a conversation, and they just keep starting new messages for everything. If you have a lot of files to add to a project, it gets really confusing on which one is the right one - even if you explain that the newest one is top right. If there's too many messages or files - the oldest ones get buried and nobody can figure out how to find them. The archiving system is a nightmare - impossible to find and pull up projects, you can't search by project, you can only search by a file name, and you can't sort your search - it's just a long list, and you'd better hope you were super consistent in naming your files if you ever want to find something again. There's no analytics

• Data della recensione: 3/4/2020
Terrance K.
COO
Consulenza manageriale, 2-10 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 20/7/2020

"Recommended - Use it daily"

Commenti: We use Basecamp almost on a daily basis. It is fantastic for managing our team and different partners. Our operations side has also been thrilled with the lists that Basecamp provides. Makes it easy for managers to see what has been completed

Vantaggi: Basecamp is well suited for project management. I've used Trello historically but it never had the same degree of functionality. I love the fact that I can have lists, easily collaborate with others and make it almost like a task force that I can assign to various people on our tea.m
It was easy enough to implement and also great if you need to hit the ground running since the learning curve is virtually non existant.

Inconvenienti: I use Basecamp 2 and the part I like least about the software is that within the cards itself, I can't @person to provide updates. I can assign various cards to specific people but can't call out specific individuals in those cards.

• Data della recensione: 20/7/2020
Utente Verificato
Marketing e pubblicità, 2-10 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 28/6/2020

"We tried to like it -- we really tried."

Commenti: Good if you feel everyone needs to be hand-held on your time, and can't learn systems with a bit more horsepower and slightly less of a layman's interface.

Vantaggi: It technically does what is supposed to -- manage tasks and keep people in sync -- if you don't mind spending lots of time doing it.

Inconvenienti: Basecamp is supposed to be one of those products you're supposed to love. After all, it's the source of Ruby on Rails, and DHH, et. We found it to be clunky and obtrusive -- a task update should take seconds, and multiple task updates should not be able to be done in bulk / faster -- and yet that's not the case with basecamp -- it's almost like the design objective was simply -- hey you should love the process of task management, and so let's make all that process management take lots of time.

• Data della recensione: 28/6/2020
David C.
Operations Manager
Gestione formativa, 5.001-10.000 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 29/7/2020

"Good tool for collaboration"

Commenti: We needed a platform for collaboration around projects and tasks across organization boundaries. Basecamp allowed this and provide much better task management than Slack

Vantaggi: Ease of use and out-of-box support for our collaboration processes.

Inconvenienti: Clunky integration with Dropbox and SharePoint.

• Data della recensione: 29/7/2020
Kristy G.
VIrtual Assistant
Scrittura e attività redazionali, Lavoratore autonomo
  • Data della recensione: 9/7/2020

"A great tool"

Vantaggi: This software is great to have when navigating projects where multiple users need to input. I use this with several of my clients and the ease with sharing information and keeping track is great. It allows me to be organized in managing different projects at once

Inconvenienti: There are fewer features than other software that's comparable, and it takes a bit to get comfortable navigating what you need to get started

• Data della recensione: 9/7/2020
Jennifer H.
House cleaner/ Care taker
Servizi ai consumatori, Lavoratore autonomo
Ha utilizzato il software per: Prova gratuita
  • Data della recensione: 6/7/2020

"Basecamp"

Commenti: My overall experience has been beneficial with being able to keep good communication and keep your goals set for what projects or work your doing all in one software or app. It's easy to use. If others need me to immediately get to a project that needs to be done right away this software has helped that and also helped with pretty good tools to help manage different projects.

Vantaggi: What I love about basecamp is that you can do tons of different projects with basecamp and have good communication to ask feedback and questions. You can talk to clients, you can design, and have tons of tools to communicate one on one or in a full chat room with all the people you need to talk too. You can use it from your laptop or your phone with the app.

Inconvenienti: My con with basecamp would probably be the price after being able to use it for free. Which I had to stop using this software and move on to another.

• Data della recensione: 6/7/2020
Mark R.
Organizzazione eventi, 2-10 dipendenti
Ha utilizzato il software per: 1-5 mesi
  • Data della recensione: 16/6/2020

"Looks like a great product but is too expensive for small business"

Commenti: I was disappointed it did not offer a plan for only 1 to 5 users that did not need the higher priced only option plan available.

Vantaggi: Basecamp seems to be a dominant name in the project management spectrum. They offer solid features and it looks easy to use.

Inconvenienti: The price. They only have one plan to buy and it is not cost effective for smaller businesses that do not need dozens of users. There is no option for smaller companies needs.

• Data della recensione: 16/6/2020
Tamara T.
Club Secretary
Relazioni pubbliche e comunicazioni, 10.000+ dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 18/8/2020

"Basecamp - Great for young people, not user friendly for older generations"

Commenti: I had to give a presentation on Toastmaster's Pathways and navigating to and through Basecamp and I realized we are not utilizing a lot of the great features Basecamp offers. Again, a lot of the members I've spoken with (both local and international) all say the same thing, that it's confusing to navigate through, the look of the website changed and the headers are confusing. The word Basecamp didn't sit well with a lot of people, but after searching this on YouTube I figured out that Toastmaster's didn't do a good job of explaining what is Basecamp and what the purpose of Basecamp is. If they had chosen to use words or headers like, "Account" that would sound more familiar it would've helped with getting to know the layout. Also, finding materials is still a bit of a maze, but again, that's the organizations lack of set-up and not really Basecamp's fault. With Basecamp all of the learning materials that used to be in booklets were now transferred to the computer and had live video demonstrations, organized power points and links to more resources beyond what is written on the page; it definitely enhanced our learning but also overwhelmed us because there were almost too many resources available in every language you can think of in different parts of the site. Now that I know that Basecamp is a project management software I can help others learn about it and utilize it to the fullest extent.

Vantaggi: I use this software for my Toastmaster's Club and it has a lot of great features that aren't being utilized because of the confusion of maneuvering through it. I can: leave feedback or ask for feedback from other members, track my progress via pie charts, access multimedia learning materials easily, store documents related to my project for historic record or for easy recall.

Inconvenienti: Toastmaster's is an world renown organization that has a very even mix of younger and older or retired members; the oldest member in my club is 92 years old. As of June this year, everyone was required to get a Pathways account and log into their Base Camp. I am one of the younger members (39 years old) and even I didn't find Basecamp to be clear cut or intuitive and was frustrated. It got so bad, that the area directors asked every club to nominate a Toastmaster's Pathways or Base Camp "Ambassador" that they can refer people to when they needed help. We had a virtual conference recently and there was an intro class on how to use Pathways/Base Camp and everyone was clearly confused and it didn't make sense to them. There were too many steps to get to the login pages and to get to the actual base camp. Also, the word base camp was not explained to everyone. I think we were looking for something like, "Account" which is equivalent to going to your base camp. I believe the roll out of this new website and way of tracking our progress was poor and has cause a lot of frustration, discouragement and even loss of membership for our older members.

• Data della recensione: 18/8/2020
Kristen N.
Product Marketing Supervisor
Software informatici, 51-200 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 31/3/2020

"Basecamp Has Helped Us Organize the Chaos"

Commenti: Our marketing team was the first to implement Basecamp, and, eventually, the benefits to project management were so evident that most of our company uses the platform—from R&D to technical support. The application is quite intuitive, requires very little training for use, and offers multiple ways to communicate: private messaging, group chat, and message boards. The integration Basecamp offers with Google is also seamless. Tip: Once your teams are established, setting communication expectations for each tool is a necessary step to achieving a high efficiency.

Vantaggi: The integrations that Basecamp provides make communication for cross-departmental projects quick and effective. The integration we use the most is the support of Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Calendar. Within Google Drive, the folder system makes it often difficult to find documents, but Basecamp allows not only Google Docs and Google Sheets to be linked to, but conversations about that specific document to take place in one place. This makes it easy to hand off documents and files to another department, route items to our publication team, or to request feedback from partners. As an original user from Basecamp 1, there have been so many improvements to the second and third editions. Basecamp certainly does an excellent job listening to its users.

Inconvenienti: The only change in version 3 that I am disappointed with is the elimination of the built-in calendar. What used to be "Events" with an interactive project calendar became the "Schedule." The Events interactive project calendar functioned a lot like a Google Calendar, which allowed someone to see all touch points on the calendar itself. The "Schedule" is mostly a list of upcoming events. However, the benefits of the folder systems, the access to resources, and the task assignments outweighs this issue. Plus, if you are a new user to Basecamp 3, you won't even be aware that anything is missing.

• Data della recensione: 31/3/2020
Clayton C.
Director of Operations
Software informatici, 2-10 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 25/2/2020

"Hands-down my favorite project management software"

Commenti: I really love Basecamp. It is simple, powerful, and gets out of your way so you can get work done. It has replaced about three other apps (including Slack) for our team. In Basecamp communication is now centered on getting things done and improving our products versus just chatting. There is an ideology to understand when using Basecamp but if you can adopt that you will be more productive and less stressed about getting work done.

Vantaggi: Very affordable especially considering how many other solutions it replaces. Very clean minimal interface that gets out of your way and lets you get work done. Very fast and reliable. The mobile app is fantastic as well.

Inconvenienti: There is a little bit of a learning curve with the single page interface but that is be design.

• Data della recensione: 25/2/2020
Utente Verificato
Recruiter
Mezzi di comunicazione, 1.001-5.000 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 16/1/2020

"Basecamp is the best all user portal!"

Commenti: Our team has always been collaborative but with Basecamp used as a tool, we have been able to increase our collaborative spirit. In addition, we have been able to accomplish projects and tasks faster because it gives us a way to share which piece we are working on and thus eliminating duplication.

Vantaggi: I love Basecamp! I think it is a great software for keeping tabs on projects and people you work with. It is a collaborative space for users to update each other on what parts of the project they are working on or finishing up. It gives our team the balance needed to ensure no one is working on the same thing or on overlapping projects. It has been a huge asset and we have all loved watching the progression of projects and campaigns we are working on. It has many settings so you can really set it up based on how your team would best thrive.

Inconvenienti: One con is that this product could easily turn into a micromanaging tool for bad managers and leaders. When utilized properly it will do wonders for your team but if overused it could be a huge pain point and stressor for employees. They allow an option to have your team give a daily summary of their tasks and I could easily see that going wrong if used by the wrong manager.

• Data della recensione: 16/1/2020
Michael S.
Consulenza manageriale, Lavoratore autonomo
  • Data della recensione: 19/12/2019

"Great Solution For Team Collaboration & Basic Project Management"

Commenti: I've used Basecamp to manage development projects, marketing programs, product management, company calendars, and basic HR/company policy documentation for several years. I've always found it to be reliable and easy to use. I will continue to use it going forward.

Vantaggi: Basecamp is incredibly intuitive and easy-to-use. New users can start using the system in a very short period of time. I love the ability to upload files to specific projects or teams and to organize them into folders and update them with new versions. I also really appreciate how Basecamp makes sharing news, messages, and schedules with members of the team. Basecamp is also very affordable, even for small teams.

Inconvenienti: I would like to see some additional project management features added. Specifically, project milestones and Gantt charts. A few of the features are not particularly useful, such as the Gaussian-looking completion chart.

• Data della recensione: 19/12/2019
Ellie G.
Gestione di organizzazioni non profit, 51-200 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 15/12/2019

"A Really Good Project Management Tool!"

Commenti: Bringing Basecamp into the organization wasn’t difficult. The system was easy and simple to integrate. My team loves it! We hare very satisfied with Basecamp.

Vantaggi: Prior to basecamp, my organization was unorganized and working organically, there was no structure or timelines to our projects. Basecamp brought all that and MORE! It’s so simple to use and assign team members the tasks. It has a great user interface structure. There’s not a day that goes by where I’m not on Basecamp. It made such a positive impact in my organization!

Inconvenienti: When it comes to tracking, Basecamp doesn’t give a good overview of this. You need to consistent check what tasks have been completed and which ones aren’t. I hope they make an improvement on the Gantt Charts along with full project reports!

• Data della recensione: 15/12/2019
Sean G.
Graphic Production Manager
Marketing e pubblicità, 11-50 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 17/12/2019

"The best production management software for our company."

Commenti: We use Basecamp for every project that goes through our company, and we have some team members that use it constantly and some that barely want to touch it ... when you rely on Basecamp for your company to run smoothly, you need to make sure you have 100% buy in from the team and everybody is using the software with some form of ground rules in place to help keep everything organized. Once that is dialed in, basecamp really can cover every needs we run across and it has grown with us from a 3 person company up to a 28 person company and should be able to sustain for the foreseeable future.

Vantaggi: The pros of basecamp are the company wide team access and usage, easy access to current project related data, storage for project photos and renders. We have an archive of our projects for the past 6 years as well, so we can always go back in and find any info we may have had in the past but are missing now.

Inconvenienti: Basecamp is just difficult enough that our team members who are a little less tech savvy can feel overwhelmed with navigating the software. We tend to have 150 -250 open, active projects at any given time, so they struggle to know which project relates to them and get discouraged by the navigation. Since there are so many ways to use the software, to-dos, conversations, calendars, file browsing, etc. it can become disjointed and unorganized quickly. You really need to stay on top of keeping everything in a manner that cuts down confusion.

• Data della recensione: 17/12/2019
Lawrence C.
Account Manager
Marketing e pubblicità, 11-50 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 22/11/2019

"The hub for all great quality projects"

Commenti: Our experience with Basecamp has been very positive. It has been a greatly important tool for the management of efficient and timely projects. The features within Basecamp have been positively used by the vast majority of our clients and create a really collaborative and team-like feel around the projects.

Vantaggi: The best thing about Basecamp is that it provides a secure and easily accessible central hub for your project. It is easy to invite all key project stakeholders and has features that allow for quick and easy discussion around the project, easy communications of important notices and action points and acts as a central storage place that gives everyone oversight to essential project documents and files. Basecamp also provides an accurate project timeline based around the actions of the individuals who use it, meaning that assists with project traceability and track. In addition it will also send automated reminders to the inboxes of those registered which is a fantastic feature for keeping on top of all project details. These reminder emails can be customised to specific individuals which means you can easily reach/remind/engage with the action point owner.

Inconvenienti: The main frustration with Basecamp is the updating of personnel profiles when the original creator has left the company. For example, I have needed to update the job titles and email addresses associated with people for accounts I have inherited after my predecessor has left the company. However, this action is blocked as I was not the original creator which was highly frustrating.

• Data della recensione: 22/11/2019
Jason N.
Marketing Director
Beni di consumo, 51-200 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 18/11/2019

"Better way of doing business"

Commenti: While there were other, cheaper PM softwares to consider, one of the reasons I started to look at Basecamp is because they are, in a sense, industry leaders. They are constantly publishing books or podcasts about better ways of doing business and that's something their software does.

Vantaggi: Since switching to Basecamp we've seen better communication, collaboration, and better delivery on projects for our marketing team. The way Basecamp delivers information—keeping it all up front and easily accessible—makes it super easy to find out where a project is at at any given time. We've also seen an increase in productivity. People are spending less time trying to figure out what it is they are doing and spending more time getting tasks checked off their list. It has also improved team morale. PM software can be frustrating, but the user interface has made it more fun. While we haven't rolled this out company wide, we are looking forward to it.

Inconvenienti: I think there is room to improve the educational components of Basecamp. Based on their customer experience, are there best usage stories? Are there best practices for implementation and usage that we can use? Key piece is communication. There's a lot of choices for where people can submit updates: Campfire, in the task list, in individual tasks. What are the best practices? Someone, please tell me.

• Data della recensione: 18/11/2019
Kate B.
Communications Manager
Internet, 201-500 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 16/8/2019

"Easy, Affordable Project Management for Your Entire Team"

Commenti: Since we started using Basecamp, our project intake process has become much more organized and it's way easier to see what everyone has on their plate. It's also helped us get approval from key stakeholders since everyone at every step of every project has to-dos assigned to them. I also love the integrations. We sync with Everhour so we can keep track of exactly how long it takes to complete each step of each project, which has helped us become more efficient and also see where we're spending our time.

Vantaggi: I love how intuitive Basecamp is to use and how easy it is to keep track of upcoming projects and set priorities. I'm new to project management and it's been so easy to set up every project and teach new employees how to navigate the system. You can set different projects for different teams and even invite clients to view projects. Plus, you don't have a limited number of seats so everyone in our organization can access it without us needing to purchase anything additional.

Inconvenienti: There are too many places to communicate within Basecamp so it's important that you have a clear process. You can comment on an overall project thread, a group and in each individual to-do so sometimes it's hard to tell where a comment is located. However, it does show you which to-dos have comments within them and there are easy-access notifications at the top of your screen at all times so as long as comments are recent, they're easy to find.

• Data della recensione: 16/8/2019
Christopher D.
Creative Manager
Proprietà immobiliari, 51-200 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 7/8/2019

"Gather around the fire, Basecamp is here!"

Commenti: Basecamp felt fun to use and really made us feel that we were optimizing our workflows in terms of assigning tasks and work flows.

Vantaggi: Basecamp's user interface has changed over the years and has become for easier for clients and client facing individuals. Basecamp became a part of a sales pitch in terms of giving access to clients to a platform where we were accessible and there to help them.

Inconvenienti: Basecamp has a lot of bells and whistles that are not immediately apparent. We did have to do a little digging under the hood in order to take advantage of some key features!

• Data della recensione: 7/8/2019
Chris N.
Digital COnsultant
Software informatici, 11-50 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 2/8/2019

"Organising the mess!"

Commenti: There is a distinct before and after Basecamp in our lives. After the implementation, we noticed a distinct improvement, not just in the output, but also in team culture and job satisfaction.
Basecamp helped to clear the mess that project communications were. While we still work a lot of hours, we now streamline it better.

Vantaggi: Centralise all traffic, in-house and with clients.

Inconvenienti: It is a single approach to Project Management. The client side could be more developped as well.

• Data della recensione: 2/8/2019
Christopher F.
Founder & CEO
Software informatici, 2-10 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 26/7/2019

"We would be a Mess without It"

Commenti: Despite my complaint about Discussions, I REALLY love this product and honestly cant' see how we could keep organized with the complexity of our projects without it. I know there are other products that do similar things in different ways, but you guys hit perfectly on providing exactly the functionality we need without a lot of extra fluff. We use Basecamp B2 BTW and not B3 because we don't need all the additional fluff of B3. We have other products to handle chat (like Skype etc) so there was nothing about B3 that we needed. WE LOVE BASECAMP B2 !!!

Vantaggi: I love the ease of use, and the how it allows us to keep very complex projects organized via the To-dos etc. I love the fact it lets our teams collaborate in a single location and keep everything related to a project organized. (We use Basecamp B2 FYI)

Inconvenienti: DISCUSSIONS. If I had a way to turn off the ability to start a new discussion I would. I like the fact the discussion area shows the chronological listing of activities, but I DO NOT like the concept of a discussion. Everything we do in Basecamp is in the TO-DO section because you can assign ownership and due dates. A DISCUSSION on the other hand, cannot be assigned to someone or a date added. Anything we need to discuss, can be done inside a specific TO-DO item and at the point someone needs to take action it can then be assigned to someone for ownership. A discussion without the ability to assign ownership and a time element is Just a bunch of talking and worthless to a business. I'm also continually having customers go out there and open new discussions when they want something instead of opening a to-do because discussions are the first thing they see. If I could turn off the ability to open a new discussion I would. Because of the issue I just mentioned, it would be VERY HELPFUL if there was an easy way to move an item from a DISCUSSION to a TO-DO. That would make it easy to deal with the situation if someone opened a discussion instead of a to-do and also would make logical sense that people are talking about something for a long time (Discussing it) and then when it's time to get off their butt and do something they could move it to a to-do (have the history of the discussion) and assign ownership.

• Data della recensione: 26/7/2019
Daniel R.
Executive Producer
Design, 2-10 dipendenti
  • Data della recensione: 24/7/2019

"(BC3) A friendly project management tool"

Commenti: Basecamp is a great way to collaborate with clients and teams still. The nature of direct 1-1 communications means it will never compete with Slack in terms of moment to moment integration (We dont use campfires or pings or whatever they are called), especially since we do a lot of work in JIRA and therefore our project and process are already disconnected (I could see Campfire being more useful if we were more actively using Basecamp). For now, it serves as a place to post assets for review and archival to the client, as well as a place to post longer messages, like meeting notes in a way that is organized and contextual.

Vantaggi: The reintroduction of client permissions made BC3 instantly more usable as it reintroduced the collaborative nature that wa a hallmark of this product (The "clientside" approach was garbage)
Basecamp offers a clean and approachable structure to project management. It is not intended for software development really, but can be used to run a project or even as a company hub (we use it for both, though in full honesty we have mostly transitioned to slack).

Inconvenienti: As above, the initial clientside approach was really underwhelming. It worked for specific low-touch clients, but if you were actively collaborating, it was offputting and cumbersome.
It can be sort of cumbersome to navigate files, and I wish there were data integrations to link Google Shared drives

• Data della recensione: 24/7/2019