Valutazioni medie

• Nel complesso
  • Facilità d'uso
  • Servizio clienti

Informazioni su Moodle

Sistema di gestione dell'apprendimento online gratuito, che offre agli educatori di tutto il mondo una soluzione open source per l'e-learning.

Ulteriori informazioni su Moodle

Filtra le recensioni (1.878)

Valutazione del prodotto

Valutazione del prodotto

Utilizzo

Ordina per

Hai già usato Moodle?

Condividi la tua esperienza con altri acquirenti.

Filtra le recensioni (1.878)

Chamath N.
Chamath N.
Chief Technology Officer (Sri Lanka)
Software informatici, Lavoratore autonomo
Ha utilizzato il software per: 6-12 mesi

The e-learning platform for 100+ students

5 3 anni fa

Commenti: In the beginning, I would say it's a bit harder to learn but after I read their documentation and refer some guides I become a master of Moodle. There are a good amount of helping documentations with Moodle you can find almost anything on their documentation. I’m happy to say that still our students using it daily. If you have a small budget this is a great choice. I’m very satisfied on Moodle and I can recommend for anyone those who are looking for a good LMS platform

Aspetti positivi:

I have used Moodle for an organization to implement an e-learning platform. I have searched for may LMS and finally, I selected Moodle because it’s open source and very customizable for our requirements. While I am using the Moodle I can list down some pros according to my experience - Moodle has Multilingual capability that allows users to use multi-language it was a great feature for me. - Manage user roles and permission, You can define roles to users and manage user access - Bulk course creation and easy to backup - Customizable or create our own themes - Very useful calendar to track course deadlines, meetings and many more - Admin user can Install and disable 3rd party plugins

Aspetti negativi:

Though Moodle offers many features there are some things that I don’t like much. I can list a few cons of Moodle - The learning curve is a bit higher for administration and building Moodle courses for First-time users - If you need to customize some functionalities requires a Moodle programmer - The look and feel a bit outdated even if you use a theme it feels like bit older - I faced some upgrading issues it’s not that easy for me

Dipen C.
Dipen C.
CEO & Founder (India)
E-learning, 2-10 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Easy to made learning platform

4 anno scorso

Commenti: My overall experience with Moodle is really worthy. me and my team are creating new class, courses and tests on Moodle and it takes very small amount of time. Course management is really nice and User interface of Moodle is really understandable to students.

Aspetti positivi:

1. Free and effective open source learning. 2. Create easy assignments and learning management as per subject and as per class.

Aspetti negativi:

1. Bulky and heavy User interface. 2. No end to end security provided. 3. No option to signup user accounts automatically.

Freelancer (Giordania)
Software informatici, Lavoratore autonomo

Review Moodle

4 mese scorso Nuova

Commenti: I have been using Moodle almost daily for 3 years now I enjoy taking my courses on Moodle It is a positive experience, it helps me keep track of all the tasks to be completed, this app is very useful when it comes to getting things organized It is useful for managing time and organizing academic requirements etc. The software is very smooth And hardly any errors.

Aspetti positivi:

Moodle is a learning management system that offers many benefits and features, Moodle is a very impressive tool because it integrates multiple learning options between students on and off campus, It is very flexible with a large number of features as it provides the student with a dashboard with all the registered courses and helps him to access it from anywhere at any time so this would be ideal for higher education and has a calendar on the right that highlights all upcoming dates as it alerts us For lecture dates via notifications, teachers can communicate directly with each student to clarify their doubts in the form of messages, teachers can also create assessments and add videos, and reports can be created for students based on the stored data.

Aspetti negativi:

Moodle has so many features that I didn't find any flaws yet that gave me a great impression of its foundation; Except it's a bit old-fashioned mood in terms of UI, UI needs to be improved and they should also provide Moodle training because it takes time to learn the site's tricks.

Alexa L.
Alexa L.
Programmierer (Germania)
Contabilità, Lavoratore autonomo
Fonte della recensione

Lernportal, die ausbaufähig ist.

3 2 mesi fa

Aspetti positivi:

Das Anliegen des Portals ist gut. Wenn eine Person etwas zum Online-Arbeiten uploaded ist es gut.

Aspetti negativi:

Sobald mehrere Lehrer etwas uploaded wird es unübersichtlich, weil jeder eine andere Organisation bevorzugt. Das macht das Portal sehr unübersichtlich.

César josé R.
César josé R.
Software Developer (Perù)
Software informatici, 11-50 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

The perfect ally for creating virtual classrooms

4 2 mesi fa

Commenti: Moodle has helped many to create virtual learning environments, which is quite respectable. It has a fairly large community, so solving your doubts or initial problems will not be very complicated. Of course, we can suffer a lot at first with this tool, but after fully understanding it, managing our virtual learning environments will not be complicated and we can get the most out of it.

Aspetti positivi:

Moodle was born with the purpose of allowing the development and creation of virtual classrooms easily and quickly, in order to achieve that the student can learn and function better in an asynchronous learning environment. It allows us to customize our learning environment to our style, and it has many characteristics that make this a very easy product to use in the long term.

Aspetti negativi:

Without a proper user manual, you cannot easily and quickly set up your studio environment. In addition, the software configuration is somewhat tedious, since you need basic knowledge in computer science and programming to be able to achieve the proper configuration. Also the user interface looks a bit old and is not minimalist for the taste of many.

Sagar P.
Sagar P.
Teaching Assistant (Canada)
Software informatici, 5.001-10.000 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

A great platform to learn , assess and train.

5 2 mesi fa Nuova

Aspetti positivi:

The most useful feature about Moodle is that its flexible, easy and Open source. Also one can start learning on mobile as it provides mobile learning. Moreover it's free and best way to give training and schedule exams online.

Aspetti negativi:

I like everything about this Software. I just want its UI to be more better.

CEO (Messico)
Marketing e pubblicità, 2-10 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

A classroom for the new normal

4 2 mesi fa Nuova

Aspetti positivi:

-Easy to setup and plan full courses -Capability to upload multimedia content, links and docs -Forums and discussion boards

Aspetti negativi:

-Not visually interesting -Can be a bit overwhelming at first. Would recommend training while implementing

Yasser T.
Yasser T.
Student (Egitto)

Practical for E-learning!

4 3 settimane fa Nuova

Aspetti positivi:

It's really easy to use especially in assignments with so many forms to upload files and it's secure!

Aspetti negativi:

The web design is really outdated looks like from the '90s. and it' has so many errors when many people use it at the same time.

Programmer (Ghana)
Software informatici, 2-10 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Great app for remote learning

4 2 mesi fa Nuova

Aspetti positivi:

I used this application as a student during the COVID pandemic and my school customized it for our use. And it allowed us to take assignments and submit them with ease. And also to check our grades and everything.

Aspetti negativi:

I felt like the UI was a bit clunky and not as smooth and fluid as it could be.

Project Assistant (Turchia)
Ricerca, 2-10 dipendenti
Ha utilizzato il software per: 6-12 mesi

Graduation during lockdown

5 2 settimane fa Nuova

Commenti: It was a time-saver. I used it on my- mobile phone. It was available any time, and it was fast.

Aspetti positivi:

It was so practical, I was in the year of graduation and lockdown started because of Covid-19, we started using Moodle. It saved my time

Aspetti negativi:

Nothing special I would change, it was enough for me.

Alan T.
Educational Consultant (USA)

Moodle - The Perfect Open Source LMS

5 7 mesi fa

Commenti: I have used Moodle since 2005. I first introduced it to the school district I worked in. After its introduction, it became the number one online source for teachers, students, and parents. I based my doctoral thesis on the use of Moodle in our school district. I've also used it over the years, as an educational consultant, part-time college faculty remember, and educational trainer.

Aspetti positivi:

First off the software is free. If you have a server, either hosting yourself or hosting service, you can easily set up a Moodle. With a little experience, you are able to have your class up and running in no time. Easily import information into your course. Finally, there are numerous free plugins that enhance your course.

Aspetti negativi:

The biggest problem is if you find a plugin that you can use in your course if you don't have access to the backend to install you may run into problems with whoever administers the Moodle to install the plugins.

Nathan B.
Principal (Canada)
E-learning, 51-200 dipendenti

A Great Open Source LMS

4 7 mesi fa

Commenti: Moodle was a great first LMS for our school. We used Moodle from the very beginning and it served us well until we reached about 3000 students. Beyond that, we felt we needed more stability from an out-of-the-box LMS. We essentially had no tech team at this time, so we elected to remove the tech aspect. Any organization that has the tech skills would do well with Moodle at much greater numbers.

Aspetti positivi:

The fact that it is open sources is really nice. There are really endless possibilities with Moodle as a result, you just need to have the tech skills and personnel to put your vision together. The ability to customize heavily is a huge selling point for Moodle, one you don't get with many other LMSs.

Aspetti negativi:

This goes against my point about loving the open source nature of the platform, but there is no real support. You can work with a Moodle partner to handle technical issues for you, but this is quite expensive. Instead, I found myself spending many hours reading through forums to try and solve problems myself. Managing the hosting and updating of Moodle is tough if you do not have a strong tech team.

Harshil K.
Internship (Germania)
Settore automobilistico, 10.000+ dipendenti

E-learning Plus Full package of online studying

5 anno scorso

Commenti: Extraordinary, learning with perfect understanding, ideation, E-learning, online learning leds to flexible learning.

Aspetti positivi:

I am a student of Hochschule Duesseldorf University of applied sciences. My university is on Moodle and my every second thing is operated by means of moodle. My lectures notes, attendance, research papers, books, Homework, assignments and even some times examinations with the end result everything is done on moodle platform. It is an complete platform for an university student. Every course is given a separate folder by which ease of operation is achieved. During this corona pandemic time my lectures were also done via moodle and also by other online platform but moodle is the medium of uploading the recorded lectures which is very much helpful for the teachers as well as for students. Various Forums were created by lecturers on moodle in order to have a Q/A session or a survey session by which every student can participate and can also upload their respective files. On my vision, moodle is the best learning tool I ever come through, it is simpler and better way of teaching and providing teaching materials. Also there is an Chat option by which teachers can guide there students.

Aspetti negativi:

Moodle can create a sudden limitation toward ones privacy as every one in the course is able to operate almost every thing which is available in the course material and forum which can be not a suitable thing for everyone. I think moodle should provide some privacy features like only xyz person can see and edit the files or works by which false marketing and copying can be avoided but it is just an suggestion from my side as in my class such a situation had arises in some previous time.

Adonay S.
CTO (Messico)
Servizi di informazione, 11-50 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

An excellent learning management system

5 anno scorso

Commenti: Although it was a bit difficult and had to figure it out on our own about the server setup, once it was working, the path to set up courses, integrating modules was pretty straight forward. Our already made SCORM resources were loaded without any major trouble and worked flawlessly.

Aspetti positivi:

It has lots of features 'right out of the box', setting it up once installed is relatively easy and it has a great community where you can find answers for almost every issue or 'how to setup X' you could find. Also, there are lots of modules made for the platform that integrate really well.

Aspetti negativi:

The recommended installation process (directly from server terminal) didn't work for us on any server we tried to deploy it. We ended setting all our instances via web (which is a very great option). Also, although they have lots of support about their features and setup, they don't have the same level of support on setting the platform under certain circumstances (at server level) like reverse proxies, nat, etc.

Florian L.
Web devoloper (Germania)
Produzione di media, Lavoratore autonomo
Fonte della recensione

Capable to power a whole university

5 2 anni fa

Commenti: While certain parts could be improved, the whole experience never feels overwhelming. Content can be grouped into weekly chunks to set the right rhythm for both teachers and students. Announcements and Q&As take place in discussion boards, with automatic email notifications for those who don’t want to check manually for updates. It is even possible to hold entire exams with automatic grading (for multiple choice questions) and an automatically generated score.

Aspetti positivi:

With not just employees but also students working from home, efficient educational software is more important than ever. Moodle is capable to power online teaching for a whole university, including online exams, file sharing, video uploads, discussion boards, surveys and homework submissions.

Aspetti negativi:

At the moment, there is no native video conferencing feature. We work around this limitation by pasting links from external platforms, like Zoom or Jitsi. It would be nice to have this functionality baked into the core, together with the possibility of referencing existing content inside the video call: documents, discussion boards, surveys, etc. Another pain point is the grading section. It is meant to calculate a student’s score based on homework submissions and online exams. Unfortunately, there are just too many figures relating to absolute score, relative score and more, so in the end it is hard to grasp what the final score is actually composed of.

Clyde eugene M.
Departmental Chair (Zimbabwe)
Istruzione superiore, 51-200 dipendenti

Robust LMS

5 2 anni fa

Commenti: Overall, I would say Moodle has been great, since I have now mastered many aspects of the LMS. The first few months were painful, but it was all worth it.

Aspetti positivi:

Moodle is a robust LMS that we use at our university. It exceptionally manages student learning by offering the tools that educators need to teach in the 21st century. The quiz creation tools are what won me over from a competitor in this space. My reluctance to jump on board was further eased by discovering just how customisable it is. Admins can install new plugins that add extra functionality (and there are plenty of these to choose from) as well as themes that spruce up the interface (it may be necessary depending on your taste). There is also a very supportive community backing the Moodle project and the support of this community is indispensable to anyone looking to fully maximise their use of the LMS. Moodle also updates the platform ever so often, and as I write, they recently updated to Moodle 3.8 (I have work to do to update my site on v3.6).

Aspetti negativi:

Moodle is a beast in terms of functionality and this, unfortunately, is its biggest drawback. It is not an easy job trying to onboard new faculty members with no background in IT. It has a somewhat steepish learning curve that can certainly be tackled but not without exerting some effort and patience. The UI is also not as inspiring. I am glad that recent updates have really modernised the look and feel of the LMS but other competitors excel in offering an intuitive out-of-the-box experience. This can be easily overcome by theming the LMS and Moodle has done well in allowing this though it needs an experienced professional to do this.

Dianne V.
Consultant (Canada)
Marketing e pubblicità, Lavoratore autonomo
Fonte della recensione

Superb solution but difficult to set up

5 2 anni fa

Commenti: I consult to clients who have tried to implement Moodle and recognise it's value but are struggling to get a practical, organised system. There are human issues of acceptance and the system isn't used, or the opposite where they have "created a monster" that is unwieldy. Once the system is structured correctly, and staff are trained in the right way to get the most benefit, it is always beneficial. Expensive paid systems force the client management team to go through a formal process of implementation including culture and planning, but a free system is often simply installed without strategy planning about how it is going to be used.

Aspetti positivi:

Moodle is opensource, and therefore inexpensive and low risk to test. If a company is considering eLearning, this should be your first option as a pilot. No pre-planning is as good as actual experience. The difficulty does not lie with the software, but that an eLearning system is a complex activity and is expected to meet the needs of very different users - different education levels, different technology capabilities and with different learning methods. Moodle shows if your company is ready for eLearning, and quickly gets you up and running. A lot of older training materials are in PDF, powerpoint and other formats, and Moodle allows "drag-and-drop" and importing of zip files or SCORM files.

Aspetti negativi:

This is difficult to set up, particularly if you want to make use of the assessments. You need to define your users and your strategy up front or it can become a muddle with different departments adding "courses". In a way it is almost TOO is easy to use, and individual departments create a "course" and add new categories, and dump hundreds of file with no categorisation. Most Moodle systems will need to be reorganised and "cleaned up" regularly if allowed to grow organically.

Aman S.
Teaching Assistant (India)
E-learning, 501-1.000 dipendenti

Moodle up the way

5 2 anni fa

Commenti: Overall experience with google is under satisfactory as compared to Blackboard and Canvas. It is the least help application I have ever used.

Aspetti positivi:

The software is an online education learning module software. It is mostly used by universities and other educational institutes. Overall the software is very decent, it offers a variety of features, plagiarism checker, and other variety of features. It does not have any option of predicting grade which is offered by Canvas. As a T.A. I would as it is a decent software but there are better softwares than moodle.

Aspetti negativi:

The software does not have a fully functional mobile appliation which is offered by Blackboard and Canvas which are other learning management systems. Moodle is also sluggish and courses appear later and from time to time there are bugs in the application.

Michael D.
Head of Education Technology (Australia)
Gestione formativa, 501-1.000 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

The ultimate toolbox for educators

5 2 anni fa

Commenti: I have been involved with Moodle for many years as a user, administrator and developer. Be careful about the hype you hear from commercial vendors, they will often understate the prevalence of Moodle around the world, which dwarfs other systems many times. The community involved with this product have a common aim: to help educators; money is rarely their driver.

Aspetti positivi:

Moodle is, hands-down, the most functional and malleable learning management system available. Moodle can do everything we want it to do.

Aspetti negativi:

Sometimes you have to reduce functionality to make it useful for some people. It is possible to turn off features to achieve that.

Utente Verificato
Manager - Projects (Francia)
Servizi e tecnologie dell'informazione, 10.000+ dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

A complete solution for blended learning!

5 2 anni fa

Commenti: I have implemented Moodle LMS for many industries including Colleges, Universities, Manufacturing, Retail, Career Development Centers, Online Training institutions, Information, Media & Entertainment industries. Except the product is an open-source, I do not see ANY issues. This can be hosted in Amazon Web Services or in Azure cloud, it can be hosted in client environment. Moodle can be integrated with any 3rd party (both inbound and outbound) applications as long as their APIs are exposed. This has lot of in-built plugins/tools to manage ILT Events and Sessions, Chats, Virtual Learning Environment tools, etc. I highly recommend this low-cost solution for any type of industry.

Aspetti positivi:

Moodle is a complete e-Learning platform for many industries. It is well-suited for Education Industry. I have implemented Moodle in the large universities and colleges in the world. Most inspiring features are - the course section which can be grouped based on customized categories and sub-categories - forum which can be associated with the topics at course level or at organization level - Cohort which helps the institute to manage the batch-wise students group every year and can be promoted to next level without much manual efforts - Question Bank which can accommodate more than 12 types of assessments and can also be integrated with other assessment management systems or plugins

Aspetti negativi:

There is no limitation on the features, since this is an open source application, we cannot use it for GxP contents in Life Sciences and may not comply with Banking/Insurance industries.

Docente asociado (Venezuela)
Istruzione superiore, 501-1.000 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

An easy and practical virtual way for distance education

5 3 anni fa

Commenti: Moodle, allows to offer an exchange space in activities for learning, these can be online or as a support for content management without using the web interface, also through the platform you can create private forums to stimulate discussions online or used as the main interface to perform exams and assessments.

Aspetti positivi:

This tool is also designed in free software is a multimedia program that explores the way to generate virtual ways of quality distance education through its virtual environments, the tool is one of the most used for this type of tasks or activities one of its positive elements is in creating private virtual environments where a group of students with their teacher interact online, which after defining the role of administrator capable of creating subjects and administrator, with the role of teacher with permission or without permissions allows to generate the educational base necessary to fulfill a course. Another positive aspect is the ease of making or creating questionnaires by subjects to facilitate the teaching-learning process and the different evaluative uses necessary to assess the student's progress.

Aspetti negativi:

The tool presents standardized content which prevents differentiating the treatment between advanced and regular students, as well as presenting differentiated content since when the group is created a signature and the access role all share the information according to the profile held by the participants, as to the interface this is not very friendly with the students since it does not have an iconography that facilitates the identification of the different options besides the menus are not intuitive that does not generate a pattern of habit on the actions within the program. layout is similar to a normal blog something that in my opinion could be improved to take more advantage of the online application.

E-Learning Consultant (Australia)
Fonte della recensione

Flexible for designers, teachers and students

Aspetti positivi:

As an online learning designer, Moodle is a fantastic tool because it integrates multiple options for learning and collaboration between both on and off campus students. It is incredibly flexible with a plethora of both simple and advanced features which can be integrated at a teacher’s preference, and the entire teaching experience can be run through the system. It’s agile enough to integrate with multiple external software systems so is less restrictive than some LMS systems. The interface can be configured to suit individual institutions or teaching and allows a teacher to monitor all activity. As a course designer, Moodle Analytics are extremely valuable because I can see exactly what parts of the course are being accessed, how often, and if they are being completed. This allows me to know if individual components of the course are beneficial to learning or if it needs changing or replacing, without the risk of violating student or institution privacy. When working for an institution that is a Moodle partner, I like the opportunity to help shape Moodle’s future by offering submissions direct to the designers.

Aspetti negativi:

Whenever updates for Moodle are released (six monthly) there are always some problems with existing content, especially with non-standard features that have been designed exclusively for a course or institution. Sometimes they are not immediately evident and can cause issues during the teaching period. Moodle is a very large, powerful system, so it can take considerable time to understand it well enough to be confident designing and teaching courses. Also, if support staff are not on hand it can be difficult to resolve issues or find ways to integrate special requests from teachers.

Utente Verificato
Mathematics and Computer Science Teacher (USA)
Gestione formativa
Fonte della recensione

Moodle has been one of the best tools I have ever implemented in my high school courses!

5 3 anni fa

Commenti: I think I stated most if not all the benefits in the "pro" section. It's a great time saver once courses are set up.
I can see the stats on my students' involvement with the various parts of it.
I can cut down paper work by having files submitted electronically.
I can use rubrics of my own design to quickly grade programming assignments
I can mark up PDF submissions on the screen to give feedback.
I can moderate discussions and teach students how to speak in a forum setting.
I can provide more opportunities for students to think and produce more creatively.
I can enjoy creating my own materials!

Aspetti positivi:

Moodle allows me to provided a blended learning environment for my students. I use it for AP Statistics, AP Computer Science A, AP Computer Science Principles, and Integrated Math 1. I can post assignment schedules, additional readings, links to off-site materials, etc. just as I did in my web pages in the past. However, it also allows me to assign "lessons" that my students do interactively online, discussion boards where they have to write their thoughts coherently, and assignments where students upload files for me to review and grade. It has become an important communication tool for me to use with both students and parents outside school hours. No student can say they forgot their book at school or don't remember the assignment because texts and assignments are online in Moodle. Parents can see what their students are doing in my class academically and not just the grades they receive. Moodle has become more important to my teaching than the textbook. All resources can be found in one place and students can interact with the materials, each other, and me in class and outside class. We have even implemented a computer lab and device reservation system for teachers in Moodle which has saved our librarians a ton of hours of work each week.

Aspetti negativi:

Moodle is not intuitive to the novice. It took some time for me to learn how to use its many features and implement them well. I have been doing this for at least 8 years, but I am still learning more about the system and its capabilities. As the server administrator, doing upgrades has always been problematic. I don't think an upgrade has ever gone smoothly. The reason I stick with it is because I haven't found a LMS that can offer me as much as Moodle. Plus, it's free and we can run it in-house.

Vashi T.
Master's Student (Mauritius)
Istruzione primaria/secondaria, 51-200 dipendenti
Fonte: SoftwareAdvice

Moodle as a student and administrator

5 4 anni fa

Commenti: There is not really any cons about Moodle. It is a highly satisfying product that is worth a try.

Aspetti positivi:

First: It is free! As a student: it has easy navigation, provides a dashboard with all the related courses currently enrolled, it has a calendar on the right highlighting all the upcoming submission dates. It also notifies us about the upcoming events the lecture has set. All the information are arranged in a neat format. It shows the online users. It has portfolio option, makes it easy to keep track of all our works. It also has email facilities so we can email other users. As an administrator: There is so many features incorporated in Moodle! The teacher has the power to design the moodle course in however way they want: It integrates SCORM packages, documents, videos, links, quiz, different grading systems (average/individual) and the grade history of the students on the platform. The teacher also has the flexibility to program when to make one lesson visible (by presetting the time and date), when to close assignment submission past deadline automatically, or to create specific forums and events. One can use moodle to run a class or to act as a learning repertoire. There is also the option to add a chat room for a particular lesson. What I also appreciate is the feature to monitor course participation and activity log report of students. By including keys to the lessons, we can control who we give access to the contents on the forum. Thus it can either be open contents or private. The power lies in the hands of the administrator.

Aspetti negativi:

The chat feature should be an in-built feature rather than a pop-out screen available only when the administrator adds it as part of a lesson.

Pamela A.
USA
Istruzione primaria/secondaria
Fonte: SoftwareAdvice

Moodle LMS - Administrator and Trainer Point of View

4 7 anni fa

Aspetti positivi:

There are lots and lots of resources for help. Almost every page on the Moodle site has a link at the bottom of it taking you to the specific documentation of what you are working with. Moodle has a huge community of worldwide users that are extremely responsive to user forums, so help is literally a couple of clicks away. Moodle is easy to figure out, even if you have never used and LMS. The site I currently administrate is at http://classes.ala.org. As you land on the homepage, you will see the list of our different divisions who offer online courses. We do this using the categories feature, allowing each of our separate divisions to be represented on the single ALA site. What you might also notice is that the login for the site is a convenient eyebrow link. If you click it, there are a variety of options for setting up your own guest credentials in addition to signing in with your official credentials granted by one of the administrators. Most user issues are simple to troubleshoot. Moodle's no nonsense layout and intuitive interaction makes it pretty straightforward to figure out user issues. Error messages tell you specifically what a problem is in plain English (or whatever language you want to set up). Most user problems are rights related in the system. Moodle allows you to restore previous courses into new courses. The backup and restore feature pretty much does everything for you. Take out the user data from a backup and you can restore the previous version of a course into a brand new course with very little downtime.

Aspetti negativi:

Version 1.9 requires an older version of Java running in order to use the wysiwyg html editor (something that comes in handy for the introduction to the course and each section/Topic for the course) -- a version of Java is required, that if you are on Windows 7, has security issues that your Network Admin is probably blocking. The workaround not having an html editor is to open your web content editor (we have Drupal and Dreamweaver) and then paste the code into the setting fields. It is not difficult to do, just inconvenient. I am sure the current version 2.6 has this capability and more that we are waiting to upgrade to. You have to dig a bit to get to the settings and permissions for specific activities. For example, a common user issue is with Student access to a forum. It is not obvious that some forums are specifically for teacher announcements (meaning that students aren't able to respond, just read the announcements). By the time I get issue, the course creator has a dozen or so forums setup with participants already subscribed, which means that it is easier for me to go into each forum and override the native rights. When you have scores of courses running each containing a dozen or more forums that each need to have permissions touched, it is a lot of work from the admin point of view. The lighter side is that with the proper training, or sandbox playing, creators can discover this nuance before its' too late. The native chat activity doesn't really work in version 1.9. We use FlashChat by Host123 when our course leaders need a course chat room. In version 1.9, there is not a lot of wiggle room in changing the look and feel of the courses. You can add, subtract and move blocks around, you can assign a theme, but it is not the most modern look and feel.