Da 15 anni aiutiamo le aziende italiane
a scegliere i migliori software

Informazioni su LiquidPlanner

LiquidPlanner offre ai team un modo migliore per pianificare ed eseguire il lavoro.

Ulteriori informazioni su LiquidPlanner

Aspetti positivi:

We enjoy the user friendly interface. It's easy to add\move tasks and adjust project plans.

Valutazioni di LiquidPlanner

Caratteristiche
Rapporto qualità-prezzo
4,0

Lo consiglieresti?

LiquidPlanner ha una valutazione complessiva di 4,3 stelle su 5, calcolata sulla base di 662 recensioni degli utenti di Capterra.

Hai già usato LiquidPlanner?

Condividi la tua esperienza con altri acquirenti.

Filtra le recensioni (662)

Brandon
Brandon
VP and GM (USA)
Servizi e tecnologie dell'informazione, 11-50 dipendenti

Happy Customer

5,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: The product itself is great and we rarely need assistance from the LP team to get the most out of the platform. Our reporting and ability to manage multiple projects has greatly improved since implementing LiquidPlanner into our operations.

Aspetti positivi:

The ability to dynamically update your entire portfolio based resource availability or task completion helps our small team set the right expectation and understand the impact each project produces across our customer base.

Aspetti negativi:

Its built for enterprise integration, so in our industry the lack of integration into our CRM systems was limited.

Oluwadamilola
Operations Manager (Benin)
Servizi finanziari, 11-50 dipendenti

An In-Depth Review of LiquidPlanner

5,0 anno scorso

Commenti: Overall, LiquidPlanner is a great tool for managing projects. It has an intuitive user interface and powerful features that help users plan, track, and manage projects with ease. The cost can be a bit steep for some, but it is definitely worth it for those who need a comprehensive project management solution.

Aspetti positivi:

LiquidPlanner is an incredibly powerful project management tool that helps users plan and manage projects with ease. It provides an intuitive user interface to help users easily navigate through the software, allowing them to quickly understand the process and get started. With LiquidPlanner, users can easily manage tasks and resources, track progress, collaborate with team members, and make sure that deadlines are met.

Aspetti negativi:

While LiquidPlanner is a great tool, there are a few drawbacks. The cost of the software can be quite expensive for a small business, and the learning curve can be quite steep for new users. Additionally, the customer support could be improved, as sometimes it can take a while for them to respond to inquiries.

Jason
Sr Director, Ops (Canada)
Software informatici, 51-200 dipendenti

[LiquidPlanner Classic] Decent product, feels dated

3,0 anno scorso

Commenti: Overall, LiquidPlanner does very well in a very limited capacity. However, as our company grows, we are beginning to feel that we have outgrown the platform.

Aspetti positivi:

We use LiquidPlanner to track ongoing tasks and client budgets/burn rates. In this regards, it is easy to set up clients, projects, and tasks, and from there, to log our efforts to those tasks.

Aspetti negativi:

Given that prioritization works by the 'higher' a task is in the list, the greater priority it is given, prioritization has been difficult as we list projects alphabetically. That means that all tasks in project "A" will be prioritized over project "Z". We've had to create separate packages for prioritization, which leads to a lot of overhead.We have a lot of 'retainer' type clients, who have monthly budgets. We need to track ongoing work, as well as remaing budgets. In order to calculate how much is remaining in some of our reports, we have had to create tasks with assigned roles (such as "Sr Consultant" or "Jr Consultant") to 'hold' time on accounts for specific skills sets, and then, on a daily basis, go and update those 'holding' tasks. We have validated with LP support and they felt this was the easiest approach, but again, leads to a lot of overhead.The platform has not really changed since I have been using it (the last 6 years). A new version of LiquidPlanner is rolling out, but would require a full migration in order to benefit from new features. We have seen some other platforms that appear to offer significant upgrades in certain areas.

Thomas
Operations Manager (UK)
Industria edilizia, 11-50 dipendenti
Ha utilizzato il software per: 1-5 mesi

Alternative considerate:

Liquid planner bridges the gap between manufacturing and construction.

5,0 anno scorso

Commenti: We sit between manufacturing and construction, this system bridges the gap between a resource planner and project management tool. It is the only system we have found that makes intuitive changes to project dates based on changes to resource or changes to projects and assigned personnel.

Aspetti positivi:

The software is intuitive combining both resource planning and project management, both systems influencing each other, giving accurate predictions based on real time information and updates.

Aspetti negativi:

The Gant chart for individual and the overall project portfolio is very basic cannot be exported as a report. When changing priorities the effect of the change cannot be demonstrated against the previous expected finish dates as the previous dates are lost. It would be good if you could mock run a change of the project priority and the system showed the previous finish dates dates against the new dates, demonstrating the effect the priority change has on the project finish.Sending an email on significant project milestones would be a good feature.

Matthew
Senior Software Engineer (USA)
Biotecnologie, 201-500 dipendenti

Alternative considerate:

LiquidPlanner Project Management that Works!

5,0 3 anni fa

Commenti: We consolidated a variety of tools (spreadsheets, Microsoft Project, email) into a single project management system used by the entire company. This streamlined our training and minimized our project management overhead. LiquidPlanner did a great job at what it claimed to do - project management.

Aspetti positivi:

The product was simple to use. It was easy to for remote access since it is a SAAS. It did a great job keeping track of project tasks. Each task was simple to enter and simple to manage. Task attachments and checklists were nice features that gave additional information to the person doing the task and the project manager.

Aspetti negativi:

The software has a specific mentality about project management. If you follow that mentality, the software is amazing. If you decide you know better, it will lead to lots of lost time in trying to gain metrics from LiquidPlanner. Our team was trained on the former, but decided to do it their own way for about 16 months. It was a long hard battle to get our management team to switch to the LP mentality. When they finally did, the tool just worked with minimal effort and overhead. So, more our issue than LPs, but LP could be more flexible.

Jonathan
Freelancer (Canada)
Marketing e pubblicità, Lavoratore autonomo
Ha utilizzato il software per: 6-12 mesi
Fonte della recensione

Great platform, but you need to use it a lot to understand it

4,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: It was difficult to understand the platform at the beginning, but when you understand it, I really liked it. The thing is : I invested a lot of time just to understand it and you put the expensive price on top of that, at the end it costs me a lot more that it save in first 6 months.

Aspetti positivi:

I really like that you can do a lot to help with your project management and team management. All the informations is in one place (you need to create a structure that represent your company and your staff) and everybody can find what he wants. It's easy to do follow-ups with clients. The best thing is that you don't need a few platforms to see the time left, the budget and the tasks.

Aspetti negativi:

It took a lot of time to find LiquidPlanner easy to use and to find a structure that represent the company and our employees . The interface (or UX) is not simple. The price is a bit expensive if you have a small team.

Gordon W
Gordon W
Digital Project Manager (USA)
Design, 11-50 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Powerful and Flexible Project and Resource Planning, But Falls Short When Applied To Agencies

4,0 5 anni fa

Commenti: This tool is extremely powerful and robust, but like any other tool, the quality of the data which comes out of it is only as good as the data that is put into it. We attempted over the course of 12 mos. to integrate this tool into our small agency (<25 users). While simple to use, the biggest challenge was buy-in from other department captains in using the tool to its full potential.

Aspetti positivi:

I was very happy with the ease of use this product provided compared to some of the tools we used previously. It is built in a contemporary look and feel and is easy to navigate and manipulate data points in order to determine trends and better inform decisions. If you have the time and resources to dedicate to making sure the latest project data is always available, that is, due dates, estimated levels of effort remaining and hours logged are all kept up to date in a real-time basis, this tool has the potential to truly provide a wholistic and accurate view of the workload within an organization, along with any potential risks. The way the data are refreshed using the forecasting algorithms is a great feature which allows project managers to shift tasks around to determine how resources are affected.

Aspetti negativi:

Despite the name of "Liquid" Planner, there were some decidedly "unliquid" principals in which the software was built upon which power the accuracy and overall value of the product. If more then 25% of these principals are not known or regularly updated, the entire product grinds to a halt and the value it provides is completely lost. It's not a fault of how the product was built. I never encountered a time where the service/software was down or unavailable and each time I reached out to the support team they were courteous and prompt with their response. Overall, I felt frustrated by the amount of data the tool needs (and how that data need to be structured) in order for the tool to be valuable and viable. More often than not, I felt myself and the team responsible for the tool were spending more time administering the tool itself rather than using the information coming out of the tool to better our projects.

Jayna
Jayna
Creative Services Manager (USA)
Istituzioni religiose, 51-200 dipendenti

LP

4,0 5 anni fa

Commenti: I use LP every day to manage our department's projects. We do not use all of the features for our smaller in-house team, but the project list, assigning owners, comments feature, file sharing and flexible prioritization features keep our workflow more streamlined and efficient. I also like that we can add freelance contractors to our workspace so the whole team can collaborate in one space. Again, it takes a little more time getting people acquainted with the system, so it would save me time if the UI and navigation were easier to understand.

Aspetti positivi:

LiquidPlanner helps us stay organized and keeps all of our team's communications in a centralized place. I like that the scheduling and prioritization of projects is flexible. And I like that we can adjust the number of seats each month as the size of out team and freelance staff changes.

Aspetti negativi:

It seems difficult for people to catch on to the UI quickly. Most of our staff took a while to adjust to the way LP works and how to most effectively use the software. It might be worth looking into more user testing to find ways to make the navigation and data entry more intuitive.

Addison
Solution Architect (USA)
Servizi finanziari, 11-50 dipendenti

Addison LiquidPlanner Experience

4,0 5 mesi fa

Aspetti positivi:

Ease of deployment and utilization. Task and project management automation is another great aspect.

Aspetti negativi:

The only issue is lack of iOS mobile application.

Firoz
Firoz
Digital marketing manager (India)
Marketing e pubblicità, 11-50 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Streamline your Project management processes with Liquid planner in a easy way

4,0 anno scorso

Aspetti positivi:

This unique project management tool can adapt to the dynamic organizational environment, making it a great asset for business success. We've been using it for a few months now and it has helped us plan, predict, and perform with confidence. It's made our lives so much easier.

Aspetti negativi:

It's a powerful tool that can help me manage my projects more efficiently. However, I have to admit that it can be quite complex to use, especially for those who are new to project management tools. But once you get the hang of it, you'll find that it's worth the effort!

katherine
IT Application Director (USA)
Ospedali e sistemi sanitari, 10.000+ dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Not flexible enough to be an all-in-one project and task management software

4,0 2 anni fa

Commenti: I liked LP for a long time but the notes section is awful so there was always a hole and required the use of other tools to manage design and long lists of action items for a task. The refresh on the kanban board has also gotten buggier over time so using it in meetings when you are quickly moving from task to task has been frustrating. I also struggled with limitations around requiring information and adding fields for task/project tracking that meant I had to always use tools outside of LP to communicate with other teams involve in a project, business sponsors and IT leadership. I have moved all of my real tracking into Notion where I have complete control over all of this and it has improved my team's productivity immeasurably! I will likely move completely away from LP in the future because it just is too rigid and inefficient.

Aspetti positivi:

I like the conversation that LP forces around how much time something will take and the idea that building out a list of smaller to-do's will help you identify how much time a task will take to complete. I like LP so much more than a traditional project management tool.

Aspetti negativi:

There is a lack of flexibility when looking at projects and tasks together. In Notion, I am much more able to plan out task due dates across multiple projects and tasks that are in-flight at the same time. LP does not have enough flexibility to really meet the needs of a small team working on lots of things at the same time. It is too siloed.

Risposta di Tempo

2 anni fa

Katherine Thank you for your candid and thorough feedback. We value customer feedback and incorporate it into our product development. We are so glad that LiquidPlanner helps your team estimate timelines more accurately. Ranged estimation is one of our core product features unique to other project management tools. We are sorry to hear that you are struggling to plan projects across your team's portfolio. Please reach out to me. We believe our team of experts can help your team solve any portfolio management problems. We also wanted to inform you that we completely rebuilt our tool based on feedback like yours last year. We invite you to try out our NEW LiquidPlanner product as we think it will solve the communication challenges you have been experiencing with the Classic product. Reach out to us anytime if you are experiencing problems. We are always here to help make your team as efficient as possible! - Ted Hawksford, CEO

Avery
Senior Program Manager (USA)
Videogiochi, 201-500 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Really powerful for project managers, less good for other users

4,0 6 anni fa

Aspetti positivi:

Really powerful, the gantt chart overview was really useful while our estimates were kept up to date. Project-focused organization allows us to keep a broad view of a complex project and tagging and export features are able to generate a variety of views of our data in an organized way.

Aspetti negativi:

Our executive team and eventually our developers stopped using it. Primary interface of the projects tab was too overwhelming & complex. No way to give teams a link that included the filters down to what they actually care about or give people a link to the exact view & set of filters that I was sharing during screen sharing. Not enough integration with external services (github, perforce, JIRA, bug tracking). Quite expensive. Overwhelming interface meant users didn't update tasks, which meant our data got out of date. Gantt chart stopped being accurate or useful and just got overwhelming. Dashboards could be made for visibility but didn't offer the teams opportunities to modify a limited view. Not easy enough to link to a specific task, or generate a new ticket in the right place with a simple link to a user-speakable identifier like a ticket-based system. Still great for people who are technically minded and want the big picture, not great for people who want a limited view of a subset of the project or are too busy to learn how to use the tool effectively.

Dave
Director (USA)
Istruzione superiore, 1.001-5.000 dipendenti

LiquidPlanner review

4,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: We are using LiquidPlanner to capture, track, and manage our department's projects and tasks.

Aspetti positivi:

LiquidPlanner allows our teams to track thousands of tasks across hundreds of projects. Features critical to us include the ability to effectively view hundreds of projects, define sub-folders (ie. summary tasks) more than one level deep, and define filter views (to limit on screen content) are critical features.

Aspetti negativi:

No ability to create private projects and tasks. No ability to create more than one workspace. No ability to assign or limit personnel access per project (only per your single workspace). The very limited functionality of the mobile application make it effectively useless.

Marek
CEO (Polonia)
Servizi finanziari, 2-10 dipendenti
Ha utilizzato il software per: 6-12 mesi

LiquidPlanner Review

5,0 11 mesi fa

Commenti: My experience with LiquidPlanner was positive. The platform provided a comprehensive set of project management tools that allowed me to effectively plan, track, and collaborate on my projects. The dynamic scheduling, resource management, and real-time tracking features helped me stay organized and deliver projects on time. While there was a learning curve initially, the platform proved to be powerful and reliable in managing complex projects. The ability to track time, generate insightful reports, and collaborate with team members significantly improved my overall project management efficiency.

Aspetti positivi:

One of the things I liked most about LiquidPlanner was its robust project management features. The platform offered advanced scheduling and resource management capabilities, allowing me to efficiently plan and track my projects. The dynamic Gantt chart and priority-based scheduling helped me visualize project timelines and dependencies effectively. The ability to assign tasks, collaborate with team members, and track progress in real-time was highly beneficial. Moreover, the integrated time tracking and reporting features provided valuable insights into project performance and resource utilization.

Aspetti negativi:

While LiquidPlanner had many strengths, one aspect I liked least was the initial complexity of the platform. It required some time and effort to fully grasp its functionalities and configure projects according to my specific needs. The learning curve might be steeper for users who are new to project management software. Additionally, the user interface could be improved to enhance ease of use and navigation. Despite these minor drawbacks, once I became familiar with the system, I found it highly effective for managing complex projects.

Aaron
Director of Instructional Design (USA)
E-learning, 51-200 dipendenti

LP - Aaron

5,0 4 anni fa

Commenti: We implemented this software three years ago as our project management solution for the department. We do instructional design in the higher Ed space

Aspetti positivi:

I like the predictive functionality, ease of commenting with email notifications, and the analytics tab. Makes it easy to allocate department resources and understand at a glance where bottlenecks exist.

Aspetti negativi:

I would like to have more custom fields. I would like a filter that allows me to view all of the projects that I own regardless of who owns the tasks. It’s hard for me to only see *only* the projects that I own because i’m on at least one task within every project of the department so every project shows up. It would also be great to have the ability to set certain tasks, for example ones with zero expected effort allocated, to be impervious to flames. Those are basically check boxes, reminders. We like having people assigned but we don’t like the fact that they can flame entire projects predictively. It would be great to have a view on the projects tab or the person tab that is a simple line graph showing expected/past effort/hours logged by day, by month etc: hours on the Y axis and days/months on the X axis.

Matthew
Stress Engineer (Canada)
Ingegneria meccanica o industriale, 11-50 dipendenti

LiquidPlanner Makes Planning Easy

4,0 anno scorso

Aspetti positivi:

It's so easy to assign tasks to individuals and groups alike. The level of functionality is as much or as little as you want. We can track ballpark revenue vs expenses at a glance, allocate projects based on existing workload.

Aspetti negativi:

It's unfortunate that you can't assign fixed labor costs, or add non-labor expenses to tasks and projects. This could allow for more accurate tracking of total billing vs total expenses at a glance without resorting to using additional software. Being able to generate invoices would also be a great benefit that would negate the need for additional software.

Ben
Head of Development Technologies (USA)
Internet, 11-50 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

There are cheaper and more full-featured solutions, but

4,0 7 anni fa

Commenti: Liquid Planner is offering our business both a more consolidated approach to project management, as well as some features and functionality we didn't have before. Overall, I think it is helping our productivity.

Aspetti positivi:

It does a lot of things well. It offers a lot of advanced scheduling functionality for project managers. The Projects tab is incredibly powerful. Time tracking works well. Tagging people in comments is a useful feature.

Aspetti negativi:

Liquid Planner's interface is kind of slow for us (we have a lot of projects). The Home and My Work tabs aren't very useful to me--they never seem to show me the right subset of tasks, which is possibly due to the way we're organizing projects and tasks, which causes most people to use the Projects tab, which is powerful, but advanced and cluttered. API integrations work well enough, but the Zapier integration, in particular, is lacking much useful functionality in my opinion. For example, what if someone wanted to send a Slack notification to a particular person every time a task was assigned to them? Currently, either not possible or at least much more difficult than it could be.

Software informatici, 11-50 dipendenti

Awesome Project Planning Tool

5,0 6 anni fa

Commenti: In my organization, we have a shared pool of resources and several project managers. Using Liquid Planner lets all the PMs see the whole picture in a very interactive way. No secrets here! This tool really helps us to schedule in a collaborative way which is much more productive than arm wrestling for resources.

Aspetti positivi:

Very easy to use, but also robust project planner. The priority-driven schedule makes getting a snapshot of your overall project a breeze. Not making your dates? Rearranging the priorities of tasks simply by drag and drop to see the outcome. Reporting is easy and offers many options and the dashboards are very helpful.

Aspetti negativi:

I do wish there were more reporting options to allow greater customization. I know they have an API for this sort of thing, but I don't want to dig into that. Just a few more fields, options and customization opportunities would be nice. I do have to say that their support team is always very interested in hearing about customer wants and needs, so to be fair, I have not actually requested any of these reporting wish list items yet.

Editoria, 11-50 dipendenti

Great project manager software

Aspetti positivi:

We are an academic publisher. Our company has used LiquidPlanner for over 3 years to manage the progress of publishing a book from acquisition to publication and beyond. It is feature rich and would be of great use to those who need granular management of multiple projects with multiple team members. We did not need many of the advanced features but have still found the core application to be incredibly useful in our daily workflow. Gone are the days of inter-departmental memos and back and forth email threads.

Aspetti negativi:

The learning curve was a bit steep for our employees. To be fair, this was their first exposure to an online project management system. Once we were able to pare the numerous features down to the very basics, they were able to intuit how the system worked without being overwhelmed by the multitude of features that were not useful to our workflow.

Rebekah
Communications Specialist (USA)
Istruzione superiore, 201-500 dipendenti

LiquidPlanner review

5,0 2 anni fa

Aspetti positivi:

I have lots of projects going on at the same time, all the time. LiquidPlanner is SO helpful in keeping each project straight, and all the folders and projects within each project. I'm never working alone, so being able to see where my teammates are at in their projects helps me gauge where we're at overall. There are so many features about LiquidPlanner that I love and it's incredibly hard to pick just one to talk about!

Aspetti negativi:

It has taken our team quite a bit of time to use LiquidPlanner to its more full potential. I know even now, we aren't using it to its full capacity. We have so much going on that we don't have the time to slow down and pick apart the features. It's a lot of trial by error and "I didn't know we could do that with LP!" is said pretty often -- which is a good thing!

Marketing e pubblicità, 11-50 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Wonderful organization and clarity!

5,0 6 anni fa

Commenti: We have tried various project management softwares and this one allowed us to customize the process in a way the others didn't allow. Packages to organize the different projects and task is very helpful. Being able to create custom tags or attributes on tasks has also been very valuable.

Aspetti positivi:

This software has completely changed the way we complete projects. It has added clarity and helped us determine where we need to focus to improve the process. Being able to create reports and dashboards to see the information more clearly is very helpful! This software is reliable and accessible anywhere you can log in to the site, which is also very useful for employees who work remotely.

Aspetti negativi:

I have very little to say about this software negatively. I would love to see more options for the dashboards to allow even more customization, but there is already a lot available.

Ian
Director (UK)
Internet, 11-50 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Does everything we need in one place

5,0 7 anni fa

Commenti: We turned to LiquidPlanner as we needed a way to handle a lot of projects and clients in one place, with multiple members of staff assigned to each, all tracking time against different tasks within a project. LP enables us to analyse staff performance, billable hours logged against a task, project or client and apportion resources accordingly. It's central to our business and also means we can provide transparency and accuracy to clients when reporting on what work we have done for them. Our staff find it helps them to manage their workload, collaborate and understand dependencies easily. It takes a little time for new starters to get used to clicking the button to time everything they do, but the benefits are enormous for us as an agency.

Reporting Task management Project structuring

Aspetti negativi:

Per-seat licensing gets expensive as the team grows or if you use a lot of freelancers. Some quirks to the interface, could be more intuitive.

Jacob
Stewardship Specialist (USA)
Amministrazione pubblica, 11-50 dipendenti
Fonte della recensione

Comprehensive project management software for multiple staff across an organization

5,0 5 anni fa

Commenti: Overall it has been a way to help other staff get more organized. I honestly was doing fine just using Excel spreadsheets before, but it has helped management see more of what is on everyone's plates.

Aspetti positivi:

LP is eminently flexible and encourages staff to think out the full life-cycle of a project. I appreciate custom fields and tags, estimated times, the ability to follow other people's projects, time-tracking, in-project messaging, the breakdown of projects-tasks-checklists, and more. Not to mention reports and dashboards.

Aspetti negativi:

Onboarding is a huge effort, and maintaining project management is somewhat time-intensive. Also, our management team has done a poor job ensuring all staff use it in the same capacity, and management hasn't led by example.

Cate
Engineering Project Manager (USA)
Servizi e tecnologie dell'informazione, 51-200 dipendenti

Detailed Management with East of Use

4,0 5 anni fa

Commenti: LiquidPlanner has enabled me to bring resource conflicts to my stakeholders with the information to make recommendations and have the impacts of those recommendations available to communicate.

Aspetti positivi:

This software allows the user to manage multiple projects and see the impacts, dependencies and conflicts among them. The prioritization, and ease to change priority, are key to knowing where projects are running into issue.

Aspetti negativi:

We are waiting for resource pools to be able to assign work to a specific group that has a limited number without assigning the work to a specific person. Also, the need to constantly refresh each area when a change is made adds to the time is takes when creating a schedule or working through issues in a schedule.

Felipe
Manager (Brasile)
Graphic Design
Fonte della recensione

The best project management software I've ever worked with

5,0 7 anni fa

Commenti: LiquidPlanner is a very complete software for managing projects, time spent, people, clients and analyzing the overall performance of your company. It has a lot of different functionalities. You'll probably never use all of them, since the system is so complete it has different features for different needs of all kinds of companies. We work with advertising and LP is invaluable in our day to day life. Customer support is rarely needed, but when it is, they are fast, polite and helpful. Having compared LP to other project management software, I can say I've never found one that adapts itself to our needs as much as this one.

Aspetti positivi:

Very large feature set, great support.

Aspetti negativi:

It's almost perfect, but there are some features I do miss and since it's so complete, sometimes it can be difficult to learn how to use a tool for the first time.