Chi utilizza questo software?
Teachers, school leaders, and families
Valutazioni medie327 recensioni
- Nel complesso 4.5 / 5
- Facilità d'uso 4.5 / 5
- Servizio clienti 4.5 / 5
- Caratteristiche 4.5 / 5
- Rapporto qualità-prezzo 4.5 / 5
Dettagli del prodotto
- Prezzo di partenza 0,00 USD
- Versione gratuita Sì
- Prova gratuita No
Installazione eseguita - Mac
Cloud, SaaS, Web
Installazione eseguita - Windows
Dispositivi mobili - iOS nativo
Dispositivi mobili - Android nativo
Dettagli del fornitore
Informazioni su ClassDojo
Software that encourages positive classroom behavior by awarding points for participation.
Caratteristiche di ClassDojo
- Accesso/Controllo remoto
- Blocca siti web/applicazioni
- Chat in tempo reale
- LMS integrato
- Monitoraggio dell'utilizzo di Internet
- Per i laboratori
- Per le aule
- Strumenti collaborativi
- Supporto audio/immagini/video
- Visualizzazione dei monitor degli studenti
Le recensioni più dettagliate su ClassDojo
Data della recensione: 25/1/2019
Simple to integrate, powerful to use!
Russell s P.
Commenti: Positively rewarding and motivating students
Class Dojo is like a teacher's digital classroom management assistant! There's lots to love!
- First, it's free. Who doesn't like free?
- Next, it's extremely user-friendly. Within 15 minutes you can set-up and learn to navigate the features and layout. In just 5 more minutes, you can roll it out to your classroom. Teacher's are already lacking time, and the simplicity of this platform is wonderful.
- It's versatile! You can use it systematically as an everyday part of your lesson - managing and tracking behavior and learning data or you can use it for a much less intensive purpose like tracking time, adding audio cues for your students, keeping a scoreboard during a game, etc.
- Parents can link with their students to learn more. This creates a paperless communication system between the student and home.
- They've recently added a digital portfolio piece for students. I'm still new and exploring, but this looks to be a powerful addition that students/teachers could use for creating and sharing assignments (reducing paper). It seems to also have built-in features (activities), too. Excited to learn more!
- Last but not least, I suppose my favorite, yet simple, reason I love ClassDojo is that it just reminds me to be positive. I can focus on the positive I see in students and reward and reinforce their positive behavior.
Inconvenienti: This is not a con to ClassDojo, but just an observation - ClassDojo will not solve all of your classroom management issues. It is not a quick, easy fix, so don't view it that way. You have to carefully consider usage if you want this to be a main ingredient in your classroom. In that train of thought, it could cause students to act even more negatively because they're now able to gain a bigger audience and receive more attention. Once again, this is not a ClassDojo problem, I just want future users to be aware.
Data della recensione: 9/5/2018
Great Tool for Entire School Staff
Commenti: It has helped behavior improve in my classroom tremendously. Students know that if I give or take a point, their teacher knows immediately. It's also a great way to communicate easily with parents. Most parents have a mobile phone and they tend to check their phones frequently. It is faster than email.
Vantaggi: I like that students/classes can be shared with other teachers. If a student does well in Art or has an issue in Music, that teacher can click on Dojo and either give or take away Dojo points from the student. You don't have to wait until the student returns to the classroom and try to find time to talk to the teacher about the issue. It is super quick and easy to use. Bring your ClassDojo up on a computer, iPad, cell phone, etc. and have it open and ready for use. When you need to give or add points, you can do so immediately. If I give a point to a student in my room, the teacher is automatically notified on her device with the point popping up on the student's icon. It's a great way to communicate not only between classrooms regarding shared students, but also with parents that sign up. It includes an email feature with parents that is super handy.
Inconvenienti: Sometimes it is a little tricky to set up the sharing of a classroom with other teachers. It would be nice to have more of a step by step set of directions to go along with Class Dojo. The directions are included, but it would be helpful if they were more concise and step by step and addressed each area.
Data della recensione: 8/12/2018
Excellent parent/teacher communication tool
Commenti: Classdojo helps my kids' parents feel connected to our class in spite of everyone's busy scheduals, which has opened up lines of communication that wouldn't have had the chance to develop as easily otherwise. Classdojo has made my life, and theirs, much more hassle free. I love Classdojo, and so do the parents!
Classdojo helps me communicate more effectively with parents that I don't see often, and even the ones I do! It's set up like a social media site, making it easy and accessible to all parents. Via the app or the website, they can private message me. When this happens it will give me a notification on my phone, for exame "Joe will be arriving late today due to a doctor's appointment", and gives me the option to private message them as well.
Classdojo also allows me to leave messages on the main board about our day, or what the students are working on, which all the parents can view. The program keeps track of who's viewed what and gives the parent the option to like the post.
I had the parents sign a photo waver in the beginning and I am now able to post pictures of their child's day. Whether it's doing word work, or just being creative during art, I'm able to post a picture of their child doing something in class, which the parents wouldn't normally have access to.
There is also a daily points system for each child that is only accessible to that child's parent to give them an idea of how they behaved. I have chosen not to use this option myself, as I have young, special needs kids. This feature is simple to use and gives options for the points the children earn. The best thing about Classdojo, in my opinion, is the ease of use. It's easy to use and keeps the parents informed of daily or weekly news, such as what happened, or what the kids were learning that day.
Inconvenienti: Once I printed out invitations for the class at the beginning of the year it was difficult to find where to print out new invitations for the two new students I got later in the year. Eventually I just sent the parents a link to accept via their email, which worked as well.
Data della recensione: 3/8/2019
ClassDojo in the Classroom
Commenti: ClassDojo is an essential component to any teaching classroom, especially with the diversity of learners and the uniqueness of culture every student brings. It provides a crucial incentive for students to be at their best.
Vantaggi: ClassDojo is a must have for creating a culture of respect, accountability to parents and incentives for students to perform at their optimal level. Fun and easy to use, students love the interactive Dojo points they earn when they perform. The software is free to use and customizable. It is not only for educators. It can be used in multiple settings. Points for certain behaviors can be set. The software can be used on laptops, tablets and even phones. The software creatively allows for students to choose their monster, giving them ownership. It allows the user to inform parents of how students are doing and even tells you if the parents have opened the message.
Inconvenienti: The only problem that I encountered was that it minimized the actual conversations that I had with parents in person. Like any software, the user must be extra careful this does not replace parents coming and talking with the teacher. Many parents thought ClassDojo replaced the annual parent conferences. I had to let them know that this is an essential tool but does not replace us meeting together.
Data della recensione: 16/7/2019
Great communication tool for parents and school
Commenti: Overall, it's a good app and can cut away may phone calls to teachers , which definitely a plus for teachers themselves. The download feature should be open and leave it with the school to decide to allow download or not or decide to post pictures with other kids or not.
- Very easy to use.. great way to communicate between teachers and parents
- Parents would love that teachers can post their kids pictures using the applications
- the points systems is especially good for lower grades students (unfortunately my kid's teachers just start using it in the beginning and never use since, maybe it's a troublesome system for teachers?)
- A great way to send last minutes communications, such as school closures due to weather
- good that they provide support for end users - parents as well. They did reply within 24 hours
Inconvenienti: One thing I really DON"T like is the lack of way to download the pictures posted. This is restricted on the app level. I actually opened a ticket with ClassDojo and they did replay and told me this was by design due to privacy issue (some other students might not like it) However, I think the privacy concern should leave it with the teachers/schools. For example, my kid school has a strict policy to post ONLY pictures with my kid's face. Since it is a pictures with my kid face only, I should be able to download it myself. Another possible workaround is to let the teacher decide to allow download or not when they post the pictures. Again, I am not oppose to the privacy concern but I think this should leave it with the school to decide, which most schools is following strict policy like mine.