Who Uses This Software?
General Admissions orgs: Museums Arboretum/Garden Historical/ Preservation Soc. Historical/Preservation Society Nature/Environment Zoo/Aquarium
Average Ratings25 reviews
- Overall 4 / 5
- Ease of Use 3.5 / 5
- Customer Service 4.5 / 5
- Features 3.5 / 5
- Value for Money 4 / 5
- Starting Price $399/month
- Free Version No
- Free Trial No
Cloud, SaaS, Web
- Founded 1999
With Blackbaud Altru, your organization can consolidate admissions, membership, fundraising, merchandise, marketing, and more in one revolutionary, cloud-based software solution, giving you a clear view of your supporters.
Altru Most Helpful Reviews
Reviewed on 6/22/2015
6 Reasons that Altru Rocks
The RISD Museum has been using Altru for almost 3 years. While some aspects of the product could use improvement specifically web forms, email analytics, and merchandise there are many ways that Altru rocks:
1. The conversion of our old data went very smoothly. The database experts at Blackbaud were extremely helpful and knowledgeable.
2. Second, Altru is very easy to use. Our Visitor Services staff was up and running at the front desk with only an introductory session and some in-person support that first week.
3. Altru tech support at Blackbaud has been more responsive and helpful than any other software company I've worked with. They understand my work, not just the software.
4. You don't have to be a database expert to become an expert at Altru. My team members have taken ownership of their data and processes. I love sitting in a meeting and having someone else say, "Did you know you can do this in Altru? Here's what I'm doing and I think it will work for you."
5. Blackbaud is actively trying to improve the product. I've personally been involved with discovery by development teams working on reporting/queries and security/access.
6. The Altru Community is very active and supportive. Often, I don't need an answer to how the software works. I know how to make the software work but sometimes there are multiple right ways to do something. So my question is more about best practices and how others are doing it. It's helpful to hear what has worked at similar organizations and what hasn't. The bottom line is that there are pluses and minuses with any enterprise system. We evaluated six different systems before selecting Altru and chose based on what we thought would work best for our organization, our team members, and our business processes. As someone once told me, when you buy an enterprise system, you're not just buying software, you're also buying a business model. It turns out that Altru does, indeed, work well for the RISD Museum.
Reviewed on 5/15/2018
My experience with Altru began about 2 years ago. It was easy to use and had many useful features.
Comments: Reporting and database management
Pros: I really enjoy all the reporting and smart queries Altru can produce. It allows your job to be much easier and efficient. I also really am impressed and appreciate the customer support. Since I'm fairly new to Altru, I have a lot of questions. Knowing someone is there to assist means a lot to me.
Cons: Some of the features are great but at times you have to do 5 other steps in order for something to work. If there was a SOP for everything in Altru already created...I'd be in heaven.