Who Uses This Software?
General Admissions orgs: Museums Arboretum/Garden Historical/ Preservation Soc. Historical/Preservation Society Nature/Environment Zoo/Aquarium
Average Ratings26 reviews
- Overall 4 / 5
- Ease of Use 3.5 / 5
- Customer Service 4.5 / 5
- Features 3.5 / 5
- Value for Money 4 / 5
- Starting Price $399/month
- Free Version No
- Free Trial No
Cloud, SaaS, Web
- Founded 1999
With Blackbaud Altru, your organization can consolidate admissions, membership, fundraising, merchandise, marketing, and more in one revolutionary, cloud-based software solution, giving you a clear view of your supporters.
Altru Most Helpful Reviews
Reviewed on 12/13/2018
Altru does it all!
Comments: I have been using Altru for about a year in a database management position. There were so many training resources available when I first started, and continued support from our account manager and chat support. There is an article for every problem I could run into. It has been a great experience learning how to use this database and implementing the use of awesome features that we weren't previously using!
Pros: I love that my company doesn't have to have many different databases to perform various tasks. Altru allows us to have a complete 360 view of our organization and our customers. We use it for all of our CRM needs - ticketing, programs, special events, donors, memberships, revenue reporting, etc. The support available through the parent company Blackbaud is so helpful for working out the kinks, as well.
Cons: This software is very expensive. Especially since the primary organizations who use Altru are non-profits.
Reviewed on 6/22/2015
6 Reasons that Altru Rocks
The RISD Museum has been using Altru for almost 3 years. While some aspects of the product could use improvement specifically web forms, email analytics, and merchandise there are many ways that Altru rocks:
1. The conversion of our old data went very smoothly. The database experts at Blackbaud were extremely helpful and knowledgeable.
2. Second, Altru is very easy to use. Our Visitor Services staff was up and running at the front desk with only an introductory session and some in-person support that first week.
3. Altru tech support at Blackbaud has been more responsive and helpful than any other software company I've worked with. They understand my work, not just the software.
4. You don't have to be a database expert to become an expert at Altru. My team members have taken ownership of their data and processes. I love sitting in a meeting and having someone else say, "Did you know you can do this in Altru? Here's what I'm doing and I think it will work for you."
5. Blackbaud is actively trying to improve the product. I've personally been involved with discovery by development teams working on reporting/queries and security/access.
6. The Altru Community is very active and supportive. Often, I don't need an answer to how the software works. I know how to make the software work but sometimes there are multiple right ways to do something. So my question is more about best practices and how others are doing it. It's helpful to hear what has worked at similar organizations and what hasn't. The bottom line is that there are pluses and minuses with any enterprise system. We evaluated six different systems before selecting Altru and chose based on what we thought would work best for our organization, our team members, and our business processes. As someone once told me, when you buy an enterprise system, you're not just buying software, you're also buying a business model. It turns out that Altru does, indeed, work well for the RISD Museum.